[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Drafts Thus Far: Who's Hot, Who's Not

TDFFFreak

Derrick Mason and Donald Driver have dropped tremendously in the drafts I've seen. Jonathan Stewart is being avoided like the plague. Of course, with all the negative press Brandon Marshall has fallen. Ted Ginn Jr., Ray Rice, Willie Parker, and LeSean McCoy are hot commodities.

Derrick Mason and Donald Driver have dropped tremendously in the drafts I've seen. Jonathan Stewart is being avoided like the plague. Of course, with all the negative press Brandon Marshall has fallen. Ted Ginn Jr., Ray Rice, Willie Parker, and LeSean McCoy are hot commodities.

While I agree with your evaluation of all the other players above, I got Ginn Jr. with the 7.12 pick in a very knowledgable BOTH draft and with a 9.03 pick in a one player keeper league. That seemed like a pretty cheap price in both cases, but especially the second draft.

Brentastic, as arule of your bet with Swammi, you must drfat Ryan as your starting QB in at least one of the BDITH league. :wacko:

Edited by TDFFFreak

While I agree with your evaluation of all the other players above, I got Ginn Jr. with the 7.12 pick in a very knowledgable BOTH draft and with a 9.03 pick in a one player keeper league. That seemed like a pretty cheap price in both cases, but especially the second draft.

He went late 5th round in the H.O.T. league draft.

You got a deal. I propose this scoring system that I will be using in the new BDITH B.O.T.H. league because the league is loaded with regular board members, so the stats are easily verified!

Scoring Rules

0.05pts / passing yard

0.10pt / rushing / receiving yard

0.20pt / rushing attempt

0.20pt / RB reception

1.50pt / WR reception

2.00pt / TE reception

6.00pt / TD

-3.00pt / INT

2.00pt / two point conversion (pass, catch or rush)

I'd like to get down with a bet on Ryan too. Let me know what you would like to wager.

I picked Ginn Jr in ny BOTH league last night at 8.09 and was pretty happy with him there.

Hot:

Greg Olson. Both drafts I have done he has gone quite high (5th round in both PPR leagues). Both drafts everybody exhaled with "oh I wanted him" etc. I thought that was a bit high.

2 other hot names from my 2 drafts have been Roy Williams and Housh. Thought I might be able to get bargains on these guys but they went early (4th round).

Since Knowshon's knee injury I was able to get Knowshon in 8th round last night. In 1st draft (pre-injury) he went 4th/5th round wrap around pick.

LJ went 6th round last night in my local. It seemed like everyone forgot about him. 12 team PPR league. That was the bargain of the night.

Ray Rice is gaining steam (5th round).

Earl Bennet is getting some attention finally

In conclusion, 1 theme that has been consistent no matter what draft or website you go to is that its the year of the WR in drafts. They are going earlier than I have ever seen in my 10 years of doing this and for good reason (especially in PPR). Missing out on Tier 1 and 2 WR's can put you in a real mess this year.

Oh yeah 1 Cold guy - T.O. - combo of buffalo offense and toe I'd imagine.

Edited by DCMartin

That'd be me, Brent :wacko:

And the only change I'd make is the standard 4 pts per TD......not sure why we'd bump it to six?

Actually, I'm in 4 leagues and every league awards 6 per passing TD - I think it's more standard than you perceive. We need to select a scoring system that can be easily validated by other huddlers and accessed/calculated online. The scoring system I have proposed is used in our new Best Drafter In The Huddle (BDITH) league. Every member of the league is a regular board member, so the data is easy to obtain and validate.

Actually, I'm in 4 leagues and every league awards 6 per passing TD - I think it's more standard than you perceive. We need to select a scoring system that can be easily validated by other huddlers and accessed/calculated online. The scoring system I have proposed is used in our new Best Drafter In The Huddle (BDITH) league. Every member of the league is a regular board member, so the data is easy to obtain and validate.

I am in two BoTH leagues, and both use 4 pts for TDs. I'd be glad to give you access to both leagues via my personal password so you can check them and monitor th scoring throughout the season.

How about this.....I'll pose the question in a thread, and by midnight Sunday, whatever the concensus is we'll go with. We'll use your scoring for everything else, and if indeed the concensus is 4 pts, we can easily calculate the difference by subtracting 2 points per TD.

Cool?

I am in two BoTH leagues, and both use 4 pts for TDs. I'd be glad to give you access to both leagues via my personal password so you can check them and monitor th scoring throughout the season.

How about this.....I'll pose the question in a thread, and by midnight Sunday, whatever the concensus is we'll go with. We'll use your scoring for everything else, and if indeed the concensus is 4 pts, we can easily calculate the difference by subtracting 2 points per TD.

Cool?

So what was the outcome?

Leon Washington's value went up a bit and I think he could end up being this years DeAngelo Williams :wacko:

of course he won't put up the same numbers, but will excel in a PPR....

man i hope yer right!...ive got both in a big money league that is pretty competitive....we start mandatory 3 rbs...i grabbed washington at 76 overall as my 4th guy behind dwill, portis, and ryan grant

i had back to back picks at 60/61...and was able to grab brandon marshall at 61 as my 3rd receiver...ive got to feel pretty good about that....tells you just how scared of him people are....it was worth a shot...just something you have to do....after i took marshall at 61...it was all receivers(with mcnabb being the only exception) until pick 76 where i took leon washington

James Davis for cleveland is shooting up draft boards.

I have also seen Bradshaw go before some starting RBs as early as the 6-7 round.

Slaton is falling with Kubiak giving Chrissy Brown GL carries. Of course Chrissy will bruise a uterus in the first 2 games . . so who know?

"call me Chrissy again, and we will have to take a station break Jim"