[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

1st Time with IDP's in our League

Cx3

IDP scoring:

ATK - Assisted Tackles .25 points

Int - Interceptions 2 points

IntTD - Interception TD 6 points

PDef - Pass Defensed .25 points

SACK - Sack 1 point

STY - Safety 2 points

TK - Tackle .5 points

This is also a PPR scoring league (12 man) starting line ups are qb, rb,rb wr,wr,flex,k,team d, lineman, LB and DB

I have seen a few mock drafts and some of the linebackers are going in the 4th round. I have never done IDP leagues, does anyone have any advice?

Thanks in advance!!!

IDP scoring:

ATK - Assisted Tackles .25 points

Int - Interceptions 2 points

IntTD - Interception TD 6 points

PDef - Pass Defensed .25 points

SACK - Sack 1 point

STY - Safety 2 points

TK - Tackle .5 points

This is also a PPR scoring league (12 man) starting line ups are qb, rb,rb wr,wr,flex,k,team d, lineman, LB and DB

I have seen a few mock drafts and some of the linebackers are going in the 4th round. I have never done IDP leagues, does anyone have any advice?

Thanks in advance!!!

With that scoring and the low starting requirements, I would be greatly surprised to find that your IDPs have more value than Ks. I'd draft them as such.

Terrible way to get involved in IDPs, IMO. Either do it for real or don't do it at all. But to make scoring so low and starting requirements so minimal, your league is likely to get virtually no enjoyment out of it at all.

With that scoring and the low starting requirements, I would be greatly surprised to find that your IDPs have more value than Ks. I'd draft them as such.

Terrible way to get involved in IDPs, IMO. Either do it for real or don't do it at all. But to make scoring so low and starting requirements so minimal, your league is likely to get virtually no enjoyment out of it at all.

+1

3 IDP leagues are more of a hassle than anything. Join a standard 53 man roster Dynasty IDP league. Go all in or fold.

I agree. you guys are not going to enjoy it if you only start 1 player at each position. Eveyone will have stud players at each position and it will remove most to all of the decision making in regard to setting weekly rosters and drafting. This is not the way to do it, even if your trying to ease other skeptical owners in to it. If you do stay with this system then I also would draft my players at the very end of the draft with my kicker, you will still have excellent options at that point not to mention excellent options will be available as free agents on your WW at all times.

Thanks for the input fellas.

We have a skeptical group and I think the commish is trying to ease this thing in :D . Our draft is Saturday so I'm not sure a change in players drafted and or points changed would be accepted with only 2 days left.

Our commish is also on this board and I'm sure he will lread this post and ook into a more soild IDP league for the 2010 season.

I just hope he doesn't see the post I had confirming Irving Fryar as my 1st pick this year. :wacko:

I am going to pile on here too.

they wont have ANY impact with those totals.. :wacko: maybe yall should be thinking another Flex for Offensive players ???

with only one per position (3 IDP per team?) there is virtually no drop off between the starters...(esp with the cupcake scoring IMO) and everyones starters will be studs barring injury..so victories will still come down to offensive personel (what is the point if you are going to include IDPs in the league?) even kickers have a leg up (ba-da-tink!)

I suggest

3 DL (Not necessarily DT or DE but D-Linemen)

3 LB

3 DB

format

and like 3-4 xtra bench spots

as far as IDP scoring,

1pt tackle -solo-

.5pt ATK

2pt (to 3pt) for sack

2pt INT/Fumble/Blk kick/safety (each)

1pt Defenced pass

or something along those lines...would be favorable IMO..

to put it into another perspective; if your kicker gets 3pts for 39or less yder, he can kick 3 fgs and contribute 9pts for your team..

your IDPs need to get at least 10 solo tackles and pray for a few sacks or ints to even crack 9pts.. if you can find an IDP that gets dbl diget tackles in one game thats all well and good, but its not very likely you will find 10+ tackles with 2+ sacks (or ints)..

Typically its more like 4-7 solo tackles and 2-4 Asst tackles -maybe a sack or other T/ovr ..thats only like 2.75 (to 5.25 or so) pts in current your scroing..

is your Off stats limited too? or do you get 1pt/10yds? (standard?)

(racking up tackles is much tougher then kicking a couple FGs or XPs, IMO and should be rewarded as such.)

for your IDP to have any relevance on a weekly basis maybe should consider increasing the number (as refrenced above) beefing up the stat totals a bit...

Thanks for the input fellas.

We have a skeptical group and I think the commish is trying to ease this thing in :D . Our draft is Saturday so I'm not sure a change in players drafted and or points changed would be accepted with only 2 days left.

Our commish is also on this board and I'm sure he will lread this post and ook into a more soild IDP league for the 2010 season.

I just hope he doesn't see the post I had confirming Irving Fryar as my 1st pick this year. :wacko:

I'm going to sound harsh here, but I don't mean to be - I'm just being frank, especially with your draft being so close.

Scrap the IDP for this year. You guys really haven't done any research at all on IDPs and you're just adding them as a kind of a whim. You really won't get to see what the excitement is about and you'll probably be turned off by them.

Wait until next year, and in the meantime follow a couple of different IDP leagues with varied scoring/starting requirements. If your league wants help creating goood solid IDP requirements, people here would be happy to help you out. Your league can still start relatively slowly and you'll gain a lot of insight.

I'm afraid that if your league implements the starting requirements/rules above that you'll all be turned off by IDPs. And anyone who visits here regualrly will tell you that if used properly, your league will be thankful that it went IDP and will wonder why it didn't do it sooner because it is so much more fun.

I'm afraid that if your league implements the starting requirements/rules above that you'll all be turned off by IDPs. And anyone who visits here regualrly will tell you that if used properly, your league will be thankful that it went IDP and will wonder why it didn't do it sooner because it is so much more fun.

+1,000

Once you go true IDP, you never go back.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in a league that's doing this, very similarly to this. The differences are: 1 full point per tackle (which prolly makes a difference) and there's no position requirement, just start 3 defenders. I completely understand your points on this, and I'm just now studying the specs for our draft tomorrow. The defensive players being added will cause concern in this league, as it's kind of a friends and family thing that I do with my son, more or less.

Do you think the fact that you get a full point per tackle makes the IDPs worthy of an earlier pick? Seems I can see a couple people getting jazzed about a couple names, and there being a run on IDPs in the draft. I've always thought that having four good options at WR and RB to be more important than lesser things like K and Def, but seems like a couple top IDPs could win a game or two for you.

Thanks for your input.