[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Favre divides MIN locker room even more

Bronco Billy

He is a very good athlete but does not get rid of the ball quickly and efficiently. He makes plays with his feet and athleticism from time to time but I think if he was going to "get it" he would have "gotten it" by now. I think the best thing for Jackson would be a change of scenery but I'm fine with keeping him as a back up as well.

These are rookie mistakes that through experiance, should correct this. I think Jackson has major potential and with the team they have now, would only improve. By the time he actually becomes a starter, the team will be slowely desolving. He stood a better chance of taking the team to the big game for a couple years versus a potential 1 year fix....and that's even if he doesn't flop as big as he did in New York!

I just think Minn was short sighted with this deal and should have played Jackson this year and deal with the growing pains now...

These are rookie mistakes that through experiance, should correct this. I think Jackson has major potential and with the team they have now, would only improve. By the time he actually becomes a starter, the team will be slowely desolving. He stood a better chance of taking the team to the big game for a couple years versus a potential 1 year fix....and that's even if he doesn't flop as big as he did in New York!

I just think Minn was short sighted with this deal and should have played Jackson this year and deal with the growing pains now...

you aren't one of the Vikings from that lockeroom are you?

Did you watch him at all last year? He was the worst NFL QB I have ever seen. The only 'experience' that would improve him is some sort of alien intervention.

Did you watch him at all last year? He was the worst NFL QB I have ever seen. The only 'experience' that would improve him is some sort of alien intervention.

Yeah, that game against Arizona last year he really sucked. 11-17 for 163 yeards and 4 TD's. They should have benched him!!!

Oh, and he had a ugly, ugly 95.4 QB rating with 2 INT's last year! Why oh why do they keep this loser???

If I were in their shoes, I think it would be a challenge to stay motivated and confident that this season could end any better than last.

I hear this a lot and it makes me wonder how it's difficult to be motivated when you're earning millions that, uniquely among major sports, are not guaranteed. In other words you can be out on your ass tomorrow.

I suspect the vast majority of Huddlers would not only be motivated but amputate a small body part for the opportunity these tarts need someone to motivate them for.

Arizona....alien intervention.....you do the math. Yes, they should (did) bench him. And, I have no idea why they keep that loser. Maybe its because his mom got so upset when they benched him last year, the Vikes are scared as to how she'd react if the let him go. :wacko:

Bench him???? ROFLMAO....he got the game ball for that game you dolt! Their loss to the Falcons in week 16, Jackson again had a pretty good game, throwing for 233 yeards and 2 TD's. It was the fumbles that killed them in that game. And the last game of regular season, he threw for another 239 yards and another TD in a win against the Giants. Please indicate exactly what Jackson did wrong in those three games?

Yeah, that game against Arizona last year he really sucked. 11-17 for 163 yeards and 4 TD's. They should have benched him!!!

Oh, and he had a ugly, ugly 95.4 QB rating with 2 INT's last year! Why oh why do they keep this loser???

Are you serious? :wacko:

So you're going to use 1 game to establish the notion that TJax is the future of the Vikings. 1 game where the Cardinals as a whole were completely atrocious. 1 game all last season that TJax started where the Vikings scored over 20 points.

Last season TJax was 2-3 as a starter in the regular season and 0-1 in the playoffs. His other win was against the Giants at the end of the year when the Giants had already mailed it in.

Here's a rundown of TJax's stats last season.

9/8/08 - lost to GB 19-24.. TJax was 16-35 for 178. 1 TD/1 INT. 9 carries for 65 yards.

9/14/08 - lost to IND 15-18. 14-24 for 130. Couldn't move the team for squat and had to settle for FGs all day. Lost his starting job as a result.

12/14/08 - beat ARI in the game you referenced.

12/21/08 - lost to ATL 17-24. 22-36 for 233. 2 TD. 8 carries for 82 yards. Vikes were down 24-7 going into the 4th. His QB stats were padded here as a result of soft defense by ATL in garbage time.

12/28/08 beat NYG 20-19. 16-26 239. 1 TD/1 INT. As I said earlier, the Giants mailed this one in early, they had nothing to play for and were resting their top guys for the playoffs.

1/4/09 - lost to PHI 14-26 in the playoffs. 15-35 for 154. 1 INT. 2 carries for 17 yards. Again, he couldn't move the ball downfield all day.

I don't understand your infatuation with TJax. And if you try to bring up his record of 8-4 as a started in 2007 as evidence he should be kept, I will counter with how those wins were a direct result of the beast know as Adrian Peterson, coupled with a tremendous Minnesota defense. And I will show you the stats to prove that as well.

Good question, why do we keep this loser? Largely because Childress won't admit he made a terrible mistake moving up in the draft to take this ham and egger.

Bench him???? ROFLMAO....he got the game ball for that game you dolt! Their loss to the Falcons in week 16, Jackson again had a pretty good game, throwing for 233 yeards and 2 TD's. It was the fumbles that killed them in that game. And the last game of regular season, he threw for another 239 yards and another TD in a win against the Giants. Please indicate exactly what Jackson did wrong in those three games?

Well, if he got the game ball that changes everything. Lighten up. If you are so infatuated with him, go buy the jersey, check the little box next to his name every Sunday Morning and enjoy.

I still believe he has no place on an NFL roster and ABSOLUTELY NO BUSINESS being the starting QB for a team with a legit shot at the Super Bowl THIS YEAR. Let him learn on the job? :wacko:

Well, if he got the game ball that changes everything. Lighten up. If you are so infatuated with him, go buy the jersey, check the little box next to his name every Sunday Morning and enjoy.

I still believe he has no place on an NFL roster and ABSOLUTELY NO BUSINESS being the starting QB for a team with a legit shot at the Super Bowl THIS YEAR. Let him learn on the job? :wacko:

Well my friend, I guess we will have to agree to disagree. Who knows, he might hook up with Vick and purchase a few dogs and all this whole conversation will be moot anyway :D

So you're saying the 95.4 QB rating was just a fluke?

If you recall, Elway also sucked his first few years (BTW, not putting Jackson in the same catagory as Elway, just saying). Denver fans were screaming to trade him.

From NFL.com:

It is important to remember that the system is used to rate pass-ers, not quarterbacks. Statistics do not reflect leadership, play-calling, and other intangible factors that go into making a successful professional quarterback.

While TJax has the passer rating that he does, as a leader and as a QB he does a poor job of game management. Part of that may be due to Childress not opening up the playbook for him, but then again TJax has been in the system for 3 years now. If he can't grasp the entire playbook by now, he's not gonna get it.

The thing is with TJax, he started 12 games in 2007. While he wasn't the difference maker in those games, he came into 2008 "competing" for the job with Frerotte, and ultimately ended up getting the starting gig for the first 2 games of 2008. Unfortunately, he didn't show any improvement as a QB in a game situation and lost his job as a starter until Frerotte got hurt. It seems like whenever he takes 2 steps forward, he always ends up taking 1.75 steps back.

And don't put too much stock in Charlie Walters either. He's a local hack who's known to be wrong more often than not. Although in this case all he's doing is going with the majority thought in the Twin Cities area.

Punter Chris Kluwe was the first to mention it. Seeing a pair of photographers running different ways during practice Thursday, Kluwe yelled: "Uh-oh. There's a schism in the camera crew!"
"Schisms! Watch out for media schisms!" yelled linebacker Chad Greenway.
"I'm not answering any schism questions," defensive end Jared Allen said. "It's all [expletive]."
"We don't pay attention to that," safety Madieu Williams said. "It's all speculation. We know what goes on in our locker room."

:wacko: <-

I remember the moment that I realized that Tavaris wasn't going to make it as a starting QB in the NFL. Two years ago mid 4th Qtr with the game on the line, Tavaris claims that he has some kind of an injury and takes himself out of the game. Most guys relish that moment, but Jackson doesn't want any part of the pressure that comes with the position. If any players think that Tavaris should be playing over Sage let alone Favre, well those guys must be just collecting paychecks.