[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Auction cheat sheet MFL average

kcmast

First year in an auction and I'm comparing the Huddle 10 team auction cheat sheet to the average auction values from MFL and there is a huge difference. Peterson 35% vs 23%. What starting roster and league size is the Huddle article for? I can see a % difference just because one is opinion, but the differences seem too big to be just that. I want to use these as a basis for my auction, but I'm not sure which one is more realistic (My league is 10 teams, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1Flex, 1TE, 1K, 1DEF).

The auction values of the ADP considered a $200 budget but also covers all sorts of league sizes and scoring rules. They could be as low as 8 man or as high as 16 man.

The auction values we have are either for 10 team or 12 team leagues and consider a standard performance scoring with no PPR.

Having been in a few auctions already, I would probably wet my pants if I could get Peterson for $47 with a $200 salary cap. He went for around $60 in my recent auction and it was PPR which lowers the comparitive value of a RB - particularly one that doesn't catch many passes.

Auction values should never be considered anything more than rough guidelines since a player will always go for how ever much a person is willing to spend. And when you talk about the highest ranked player, the bidding war could really break out.

Your best bet in an auction is more about your own budget than what value a player carries according to ADP or even our ranks. If you budget out, you know what you have to spend where and then fill it best you can using those values.

The auction values of the ADP considered a $200 budget but also covers all sorts of league sizes and scoring rules. They could be as low as 8 man or as high as 16 man.

The auction values we have are either for 10 team or 12 team leagues and consider a standard performance scoring with no PPR.

Having been in a few auctions already, I would probably wet my pants if I could get Peterson for $47 with a $200 salary cap. He went for around $60 in my recent auction and it was PPR which lowers the comparitive value of a RB - particularly one that doesn't catch many passes.

Auction values should never be considered anything more than rough guidelines since a player will always go for how ever much a person is willing to spend. And when you talk about the highest ranked player, the bidding war could really break out.

Your best bet in an auction is more about your own budget than what value a player carries according to ADP or even our ranks. If you budget out, you know what you have to spend where and then fill it best you can using those values.

I think we may be getting % & $ confused because $60.00 is only 30% of a $200.00 cap - still considerately lower than the 35% he was asking about.