[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bernard Scott

mlvc

Is Bernard Scott being Drafted in late rounds?

the huddle really has nothing on him but I,ve heard good things

does anyone think he will overtake Cedric Benson (and his 2.8 ypc) early in the season?

does Cincy have a decent O-line?

I know a lot of ppl are high on Davis in Cleve but I think maybe Bernard Scott actually is closer to Starting and on a better offense

any thoughts on scott?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Bernard Scott being Drafted in late rounds?

the huddle really has nothing on him but I,ve heard good things

does anyone think he will overtake Cedric Benson (and his 2.8 ypc) early in the season?

does Cincy have a decent O-line?

I know a lot of ppl are high on Davis in Cleve but I think maybe Bernard Scott actually is closer to Starting and on a better offense

any thoughts on scott?

I hate him....because I own Benson. But realistically, he's a 6th round pick making a splash in pre-season. I recall Forsett was the buzz last year, then got waived (Colts got him then waived him).

Benson has looked more explosive and quicker than when I last really watched him in Chicago. I think the was the 4th overall pick years back? I see motivation.

If you can get him late do so. He has first round talent but made some stupid mistakes. He seems to have gotten his head together though. He has burst, is shifty and has some giddyup. He has as good a chance to being productive this year as any other rookie back not named Wells.

Just learned a little more on Scott from Hard Knocks (entrenched in #2 behind Benson) so I am curious.

Scott, Glen Coffee or James Davis for this season? Who do you take? Could throw Shonn Greene in the discussion too I guess...

Edited by DCMartin

Yup, his rap sheet. If he was a solid citizen, do you think he'd have been a 1st-2nd round pick?

Sounds like you're dismissing him cuz of where he was drafted?

actually....if he was a solid talent with questionable character....the Bengals ,of all teams ,would not have waited until the 6th to take him.

actually....if he was a solid talent with questionable character....the Bengals ,of all teams ,would not have waited until the 6th to take him.

they are trying to clean up their image they don't draft them in the first and second rounds now they wait until the sixth and seventh.

sounds like a Benson owner to me.

yup

not sure how anyone could have watched Benson since he came into the league and think the guys not a stiff

I like Scott's potential and its only a matter of time till they realize Benson is a "never was"

a little different, but I've been offered a 2nd round rookie pick for him by two people in the dynasty league I run. I won't let him go for anything less than a first.

I have my Dynasty draft this Sunday and B-Scott does not rate out to a 1st round pick. I have him rated around 17 right now.

I happen to have the 17th pick as my 1st draft slot since I traded my 1st round 2009 pick a few years ago in a trade.

I am guessing Scott will be available at pick 17 I am debating it right now if I take him there. If he falls to my 2nd pick #22 then I will probably jump on him.

The dynasty draft is a delicate dance of trying to get players at value. Even though I think Scott is worth the 17th pick I might not take him because he was drafted in the 6th round in real life so it is possible no one else in my leauge will jump on him because of this.

I remember the year A-Bradshaw came out he was taken in the 7th round by the NYG but I liked him a lot so I went ahead and pulled the trigger in the 4th round of my rookie draft to secure him.

It is a delicate dance indeed.

And there is no way anyone in your league is going to give you a 1st round pick for a guy with issues like Scott has coming into the league they would be nutty to do so.

You're willing to pay a 2nd round price. If you paid a 2nd and then someone offered you a 2nd for him, would you do it? In other words, if you bought a painting for $1000 and someone offered you a $1000, where's the incentive to sell? Duchess Jack is just saying that if someone wants him, they're going to have to pay a premium or why bother?

Nice point. My game is and always has been picking up as many picks as I can in the mid to late rounds - picks others see no value in and scatter bombing the draft. Its netted me some great players. Last year it netted me Royal and Morgan. The year before it landed me Bradshaw. This year my diamonds in the rough are Scott and Goodson (and some others) People say all the time 'but you drafted him here'. Its irrellovant where I drafted somebody - what matters is what he is worth now. Just look at Steve Slanton and Chris Johnson last year.

Edited by Duchess Jack

seeing as how you are so down on his character, how about you tell us what he did?

You don't bring me flowers...ANYMORE! - read my first post....Lord O responded about "why" was he a 6th round pick. My attempt at humour relating to the Bengals past draft history taking absolute idiots with talent " maybe his rap sheet wasn't big enough to be a 1-6th round pick".,,,,then he went on some tagent.

F man....read the posts.

here's one:

My next bunch:

RB

Bernard Scott, CIN

This guy has all the physical tools to be literally a stud RB with the single exception of size, and he makes me wonder if there isn't another Tiki Barber or Michael Westbrook on tap here. The guy has elite running ability, with great lean and pad level, good decision making and instincts, gets to 100% speed very quickly, and he can cut on a dime. He controls his body so that no one seems to get a clean lick on him and he has never missed a game in college due to injury. Runs through trash and feet never stop. Great reciever out of the backfield, is a mismatch for any LB and turns up field quickly after securing the ball. Add to that he has only Cedric Benson in front of him, and Benson despite his kudos last year was below the Mendoza line (again) in ypc.

Downside: He has character issues. The guy has been arrested a few times and has been through a couple of college programs. Despite that, he still managed to get drafted - which says a lot about his ability. Word has it that he may have had an epiphany and has changed his attitude and outlook, and his maturity may have caught up to his age. He's 25, and he'll have to hit the ground running (literally) or his career will be over before it ever started, he doesn't have time to spend 3 to 4 years learning to play at the NFL level. He'll need to get a bit better at pass blocking.

And draft position doesn't mean squat when they put on the pads and start playing. We could waste some time and put up a pretty lengthy list of 1st round busts vs very good to great players who were drafted after the 4th round all the way to UDFAs. If you're going to use draft position as a primary decider of who you want to draft on your FF teams, give yourself a break and just mail in your money without playing - you'll enjoy the games more.

here's one:

And draft position doesn't mean squat when they put on the pads and start playing. We could waste some time and put up a pretty lengthy list of 1st round busts vs very good to great players who were drafted after the 4th round all the way to UDFAs. If you're going to use draft position as a primary decider of who you want to draft on your FF teams, give yourself a break and just mail in your money without playing - you'll enjoy the games more.

Michael Westbrook :wacko:

Michael Westbrook :wacko:

I know, I know. But I'm having a tough time matching a guy with his stature who is tough enough and talented enough to be a featured RB at the NFL level. I watch the kid and guys like Westbrook & Barber just come to mind. He's got significant talent and he uses it very well.

I know, I know. But I'm having a tough time matching a guy with his stature who is tough enough and talented enough to be a featured RB at the NFL level. I watch the kid and guys like Westbrook & Barber just come to mind. He's got significant talent and he uses it very well.

:DMICHAEL Westbrook :oldrolleyes:

fyi, BRIAN Westbrook was inactive tonite vs the Jags :wacko: