[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bernard Scott

mlvc

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here's one:

And draft position doesn't mean squat when they put on the pads and start playing. We could waste some time and put up a pretty lengthy list of 1st round busts vs very good to great players who were drafted after the 4th round all the way to UDFAs. If you're going to use draft position as a primary decider of who you want to draft on your FF teams, give yourself a break and just mail in your money without playing - you'll enjoy the games more.

puh-lese....are you now saying because he's 6th round pick I could care less of his talent. For the love of c-rist....look at all the 5,6,7 round RB's out there that are trying to make a team. I couldn't give a rats a$$ about what round. ARE THE BENGALS GOING TO GIVE BENSON THE PINE BECAUSE a rook looks good in preseason? If so, draft all the good looking late round draft pick RB's as your "sleeper studs" and make sure you can keep them for 2-4 yrs before you have the balz to actually dress them.

My first post was sarcasm based on the Bugels draft history....period....end of sentence.

Its irrellovant where I drafted somebody - what matters is what he is worth now.

I agree 100% with that statement.

One guy took Colston in our 7th and final round of our rookie draft the year he came out and in midseason he dealt him for a 1st and 2 2nd round picks.

I am just saying at this moment of time right now today I don't believe Scott is worth a 1st rounder in a future rookie draft.

Maybe at the end of this year he will be or maybe he gets arrested again and is out of football.

I am just saying at this moment of time right now today I don't believe Scott is worth a 1st rounder in a future rookie draft.

Maybe at the end of this year he will be or maybe he gets arrested again and is out of football.

if he gets the starting job, he's worth well more than a first - unless you know the first is going to be a top 3 and even then who knows. Getting a first is hedging my bets. More than he is worth now - less than I expect him to be worth some time this year. Just look at the last few years of your dynasty leagues and all the question marks in the first round...

If he's starting - who in the first found from this years rookie draft would you trade him for? Wells? Moreno? Crabtree?

so so many wiffs and with QBs and WR you need to sit on them before you even have an idea if they'll be good or not. bird in the hand

Edited by Duchess Jack

puh-lese....are you now saying because he's 6th round pick I could care less of his talent. For the love of c-rist....look at all the 5,6,7 round RB's out there that are trying to make a team. I couldn't give a rats a$$ about what round. ARE THE BENGALS GOING TO GIVE BENSON THE PINE BECAUSE a rook looks good in preseason? If so, draft all the good looking late round draft pick RB's as your "sleeper studs" and make sure you can keep them for 2-4 yrs before you have the balz to actually dress them.

My first post was sarcasm based on the Bugels draft history....period....end of sentence.

:wacko: How about you tell Tom Brady that he can't possibly be having the career he is? When you want to have a rational discussion, we can go through the merits of Terrell Davis vs KiJana Carter, or maybe Rod Smith vs Marcus Nash...

:D How about you tell Tom Brady that he can't possibly be having the career he is? When you want to have a rational discussion, we can go through the merits of Terrell Davis vs KiJana Carter, or maybe Rod Smith vs Marcus Nash...

sure pal. keep living the dream. read my posts in this thread and get back to me...actually....never mind. Every player drafted in late rounds has the potential to be a HOF player....you're right....let's just leave the thread as is. You seem to be missing my point over and over again. Remind me when Scott ends up top 20 after the season how brilliant u are. I'll take Ringer as my super stud sleeper. :wacko:

thread should read " I have wood for Scott" and be done with it.

Edited by Largent

I have my Dynasty draft this Sunday and B-Scott does not rate out to a 1st round pick. I have him rated around 17 right now.

I happen to have the 17th pick as my 1st draft slot since I traded my 1st round 2009 pick a few years ago in a trade.

I am guessing Scott will be available at pick 17 I am debating it right now if I take him there. If he falls to my 2nd pick #22 then I will probably jump on him.

The dynasty draft is a delicate dance of trying to get players at value. Even though I think Scott is worth the 17th pick I might not take him because he was drafted in the 6th round in real life so it is possible no one else in my leauge will jump on him because of this.

I remember the year A-Bradshaw came out he was taken in the 7th round by the NYG but I liked him a lot so I went ahead and pulled the trigger in the 4th round of my rookie draft to secure him.

It is a delicate dance indeed.

And there is no way anyone in your league is going to give you a 1st round pick for a guy with issues like Scott has coming into the league they would be nutty to do so.

I believe the bolded part, but think that if he is there at 17, you should take him Muto...he's gotten a lot of play this year on the boards and people know who he is. If you really want him, go get him at 17.

I'll take Ringer as my super stud sleeper. :wacko:

Are you off your meds? You deride anything to do with Scott, bringing up completely irrational arguments like where he was drafted and that he's got a "proven" RB like Benson in front of him (yeah, and Benson's whopping career ypc of 3.7, of which he was actually below last year at 3.5 ypc) and then you throw your sleeper out on the board who was drafted almost exactly 1 round ahead of Scott and who has to go through both Chris Johnson and LenDale White - both of whom are better players than Benson will ever be - to get any kind of playing time.

It's hard to comprehend what kind of tortured reasoning that you must use to create what you consider to be cohesive thought....

The Bengals do not have alot invested in Benson. He was originally a 500k waiver wire pickup and I do not believe he was paid any kind of bonus that would apply against the cap if he was cut. He was resigned to a 2 year non guaranteed deal for $7 million which is low for a starting RB in the NFL. It would make him a highly paid backup if Scott ultimately beat him out, but with no upfront signing bonus, the 2nd year is not guaranteed so there would be zero cap hit for the Benglas next season. For that reason, I believe Scott has the edge in that he was signed as a late round pick and has more upside than Benson and also isnt going to cost them much for the next few seasons. Cincy has a much better schedule this year than last so Scott is definitely worth a flier as a guy who could end up starting by mid-season and if not, so what?

If Scott pans out, they will likely cut benson in the off-season and save $3 million or so.

If I was the GM of the Bengals, I can tell you which RB I am rooting for to emerge.

One other factor to keep into consideration - the pass blocking of the Bengals OLine has been woeful in pre-season and if Benson shows he can block, he will likely keep the job to prevent Palmer from getting killed. If Scott gets some chances early, look to see how well he does in pass protection because keeping Palmer healthy has got to be the Bengals top priority this season.

Benson was horrid against a mediocre Rams pass rush the other night (not sure about his blocking, I didnt see the game) as his stats were 5-17 or something like that. Scott lit it up but probably against the Rams 2nd string (which is like most NFL teams' taxi squad). Hard to really figure it out from there. This weekend should be more telling.

Edited by mroban

The Bengals do not have alot invested in Benson. He was a waiver wire pickup and I do not believe he was paid any kind of bonus that would apply against the cap if he was cut. For that reason, I believe Scott has the edge in that he was signed as a late round pick and has more upside than Benson and also isnt going to cost them much for the next few seasons. Cincy has a much better schedule this year than last so Scott is definitely worth a flier as a guy who could end up starting by mid-season and if not, so what?

Because he was drafted in the 6th round! Geez, can't you comprehend this simple and ironclad argument? End of sentence - period!

Because he was drafted in the 6th round! Geez, can't you comprehend this simple and ironclad argument? End of sentence - period!

I believe Billy I am helping to make your argument not contradict it. The point I am making about Scott as a sixth rounder is that he presents a great value to the Bengals if he emerges as a player capable of starting.

I believe Billy I am helping to make your argument not contradict it. The point I am making about Scott as a sixth rounder is that he presents a great value to the Bengals if he emerges as a player capable of starting.

I believe that you missed post #31. No bad intentions towards you at all, my friend. I just used you as a foil. My apologies if I offended you doing it.

Are you off your meds? You deride anything to do with Scott, bringing up completely irrational arguments like where he was drafted and that he's got a "proven" RB like Benson in front of him (yeah, and Benson's whopping career ypc of 3.7, of which he was actually below last year at 3.5 ypc) and then you throw your sleeper out on the board who was drafted almost exactly 1 round ahead of Scott and who has to go through both Chris Johnson and LenDale White - both of whom are better players than Benson will ever be - to get any kind of playing time.

It's hard to comprehend what kind of tortured reasoning that you must use to create what you consider to be cohesive thought....

you confirm my thoughts, anything you can get your hands on, you run with it. Ringer/6th round blah blah....and off you go.

Ok let the debate begin if I should take Scott at pick 17 in my rookie draft on Sunday. Since you seem very knowledgable in this Duchess Jack I would like your opinion plus anyone else who wants to chim in. I have picks 17, 22, 27 and 28. My team is deep so I am not caring if they do anything this year as long as in 2-3 years they are good (ala M-Turner, ect). These players can sit on my dev list for up to 3 full years so that is my time frame to see if they pan out. My scoring system is approx 67% TD and 33% yards.

This is my list from 12-28 I assume my top 11 will be long gone. So which players if any would you take before Scott at 17 ? Also any other players on this list you would move way up the list ?

12 M-Stafford Det QB 1 B+

13 K-Britt Tenn WR 6 B+

14 M-Sanchez NYJ QB 2 B+

15 B-Robiskie Cle WR 7 B

16 J-Davis Cle RB 7 B

17 B-Scott Cin RB 8 B

18 G-Johnson SD RB 9 B

19 J-Dilliard Jax WR 8 B

20 M-Thomas Jax WR 9 B

21 C-Peerman Bal RB 10 B

22 M-Goodson Car RB 11 B

23 J-Freeman TB QB 3 B

24 D-Butler Sea WR 10 B-

25 R-Jennings Jax RB 12 B-

26 B-Tate NE WR 11 B-

27 J-Ringer Tenn RB 13 B-

28 A-Collie Ind WR 12 B-

Edited by Henry Muto

I believe that you missed post #31. No bad intentions towards you at all, my friend. I just used you as a foil. My apologies if I offended you doing it.

Just re-read 31, thanks Billy. no offense taken. I didnt understand the context until I re-read.

Ok let the debate begin if I should take Scott at pick 17 in my rookie draft on Sunday. Since you seem very knowledgable in this Duchess Jack I would like your opinion plus anyone else who wants to chim in. I have picks 17, 22, 27 and 28. My team is deep so I am not caring if they do anything this year as long as in 2-3 years they are good (ala M-Turner, ect). These players can sit on my dev list for up to 3 full years so that is my time frame to see if they pan out. My scoring system is approx 67% TD and 33% yards.

This is my list from 12-28 I assume my top 11 will be long gone. So which players if any would you take before Scott at 17 ? Also any other players on this list you would move way up the list ?

12 M-Stafford Det QB 1 B+

13 K-Britt Tenn WR 6 B+

14 M-Sanchez NYJ QB 2 B+

15 B-Robiskie Cle WR 7 B

16 J-Davis Cle RB 7 B

17 B-Scott Cin RB 8 B

18 G-Johnson SD RB 9 B

19 J-Dilliard Jax WR 8 B

20 M-Thomas Jax WR 9 B

21 C-Peerman Bal RB 10 B

22 M-Goodson Car RB 11 B

23 J-Freeman TB QB 3 B

24 D-Butler Sea WR 10 B-

25 R-Jennings Jax RB 12 B-

26 B-Tate NE WR 11 B-

27 J-Ringer Tenn RB 13 B-

28 A-Collie Ind WR 12 B-

I'd m ove Ringer, Collie and Goodson up and Peerman down

Since you seem very knowledgable in this Duchess Jack I would like your opinion plus anyone else who wants to chim in.

I answered your PM. Feel free to post my answer here, because I'd love to see people's take on how I am valuing guys. I'd don't watch college ball so I am only rolling with everything I've learned leading up to the draft and since.