[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I beat my wife...

Scooby's Hubby

...in our local fantasy football league's playoffs, every year. She usually is the points leader for the season (12 team league) but somehow manages to lose in the first round. Our 12 team local draft is Saturday. Saturday night, I will post both of our teams, along with league point rules, so the rest of you can determine the pre-season favorite (for those who care to enter her world of playoff disappointment).

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny stuff Hubby.

My wife always helped us out in my local (keeping the clock, recording picks etc). One year, an owner quits an hour before the draft, so we have her draft the team. This was 6 years ago. The owner never came back so we give her the spot permanently. She's made the playoffs every single year.

A few years back, she and I meet in the playoffs. Jake Delhomme has been her starting QB all year, and I know that he is NOT playing in week 14. Her backup is a healthy Rex Grossman. I don't say a word to her until juuuuuuust after kickoff. The ball is barely in the air and I break the news to her. I win the game (Grossman would have given her a win and also would have led her to a spot in the finals, as it turns out) and people cannot believe I didn't tell her.

Hey...it's her team and she is responsible to know. No preferential treatment to her because she is my wife!

A few years back, she and I meet in the playoffs. Jake Delhomme has been her starting QB all year, and I know that he is NOT playing in week 14. Her backup is a healthy Rex Grossman. I don't say a word to her until juuuuuuust after kickoff. The ball is barely in the air and I break the news to her. I win the game (Grossman would have given her a win and also would have led her to a spot in the finals, as it turns out) and people cannot believe I didn't tell her.

Hey...it's her team and she is responsible to know. No preferential treatment to her because she is my wife!

You must be proud. Can you beat kindergarteners in the 40 yd dash, too?

That's cold fellas. Cold.

he failed to mention I did win a FF league a couple of yrs ago, another local league, but I've never won our league...Think it was Westy who led me to victory...and a chump named Craig Yelnick never paid his $100 entry, so I got short changed on my prize $$$

he failed to mention I did win a FF league a couple of yrs ago, another local league, but I've never won our league...Think it was Westy who led me to victory...and a chump named Craig Yelnick never paid his $100 entry, so I got short changed on my prize $$$

Panthercraig

I know what men spend their winnings on....rhymes with hookers and blow. What do women spend their winnings on? :wacko:

My wife knows absolutely nothing about sports. Every once in a blue moon she will watch boxing with me but that is about it. My 8 year old absolutely surprised the hell out of us last night. Peyton manning came on TV and she said. Hey that is Manning. I was like :D OK so she called him Penston but close enough. Then she said his brother is Eli :wacko: I was stunned. Then i said who is the qb for the Cowboys and she said Tony Romo

:whompersembellishment:

Then she said if that son of a bitch chokes again in december dont be surprised if you see Kitna finish out the season.

I love that my wife likes to play FF. Football isn't just some thing I like and she hates.

When the Bengals signed Roy Williams, SS, she said," I thought he was traded to Dallas? " Wrong Roy, but that's my girl. :wacko:

My wife knows absolutely nothing about sports. Every once in a blue moon she will watch boxing with me but that is about it. My 8 year old absolutely surprised the hell out of us last night. Peyton manning came on TV and she said. Hey that is Manning. I was like :D OK so she called him Penston but close enough. Then she said his brother is Eli :wacko: I was stunned. Then i said who is the qb for the Cowboys and she said Tony Romo

:whompersembellishment:

Then she said if that son of a bitch chokes again in december dont be surprised if you see Kitna finish out the season.

:D Dude if this sh!t really happened I have an opening in a league for her.

ETA: By the way, did the laughing icon always shake like that?

Edited by irish