[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Brady's shoulder

Grogansghost

The Boston Globe reports New England Patriots QB Tom Brady put on a regular season show in preseason before leaving with a sore throwing shoulder in the Patriots' 27-24 preseason win over the Washington Redskins on Friday night. Brady completed 12 of 19 passes for 150 yards and two touchdowns, but he had his right shoulder pressed to the ground by massive DT Albert Haynesworth after an incomplete pass late in the second quarter. Brady flexed his throwing arm on the sideline. The Boston Herald adds Brady emerged after halftime, took more throws to test his shoulder, then exited with team doctor Thomas Gill as the third quarter began. He did not return. The official diagnosis is a "sore shoulder." HC Bill Belichick would only say, "I'm sure he has some bumps and bruises like everybody else."

I think the fact he came out after half time and at least tried to throw would indicate it isn't too terribly serious, otherwise he wouldn't have been testing it out. :wacko:

John Clayton on ESPN radio just seems convinced that Brady is injured - just not sure of the extent.

He landed very badly on that arm... reminded me of the hit Pennigton took that led to surgery. The fact that he could throw at all is a good sign, but Pennington went back in and played after his hit too.

I have my last draft tomorrow night, and as of now, I consider Brady undraftable. I think if anyone drafts Brady now, they had better draft O'Connell too although he hasn't looked good at all.

He landed very badly on that arm... reminded me of the hit Pennigton took that led to surgery. The fact that he could throw at all is a good sign, but Pennington went back in and played after his hit too.

I have my last draft tomorrow night, and as of now, I consider Brady undraftable. I think if anyone drafts Brady now, they had better draft O'Connell too although he hasn't looked good at all.

Great. I just drafted him this morning. doh!

Yeah, it is hard to believe that the Pats would roll with O'Connell. They might be looking elsewhere.

The hit didn't look good but for some reason I think he'll be fine. I have a draft tonight and if he fell to a point of nice value, into the 3rd round, I'd draft him and just get a decent backup later on.

Looks like he same thing that happened to Alex Smith when he hurt his shoulder.....he has not been the same since. :wacko:

Injury expert says Brady's shoulder should be OK

August 29, 2009 3:15 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham

Data shows 96 percent of the U.S. population is involved in fantasy football and a lot of drafts will be taking place this weekend. Consider this a public service announcement for your preparations.

ESPN injury expert Stephania Bell isn't overly concerned with Tom Brady's right shoulder. The New England Patriots quarterback got hurt Friday night when Albert Haynesworth of the Washington Redskins tackled him immediately after a throw.

Geoff Burke/US Presswire

Albert Haynesworth, left, checks on Tom Brady after he took the Patriots quarterback down in the second quarter of Friday night's game.

"You don't like to see a 350-pound guy falling on your quarterback's shoulder, but when he went down his arm actually was over his head," said Bell, a physical therapist who specializes in sports injuries. "You worry when a quarterback lands on the point of his shoulder. That's usually how you end up separating your shoulder. He didn't go down like that.

"You do worry in Brady's case that you could pinch all the structures in the top of your shoulder, most notably your rotator cuff and the labrum. My suspicion, based on that, is he probably did a bruising number on his rotator cuff."

The Patriots, sticking to their policy, haven't provided any details about Brady's injury. He was expected to have an imaging scan done Saturday.

Brady didn't return to the game after the hit. He walked off the field, sat down on the bench and winded his arm forcefully. He warmed up after halftime but went back into the locker room after some tosses.

"He's able to lift his arm up at least 90 degrees," Bell said. "That's one of the things we look for to see if your rotator cuff is attached. If he had a major tear, he wouldn't be able to lift his arm that high. Him moving it around and trying to work it out is a good sign.

"But, again, we don't know the extent of it. This is speculation. Every so often, you see a guy tear his ACL and walk off the field. Sometimes what you see can fool you.

"But based on what I've seen so far I remain cautiously optimistic."

Per RotoWorld:

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Headlines...L&hl=149344

Report: Tom Terrific's shoulder is just fine

A source close to the Patriots confirmed to the Boston Globe that Tom Brady's right (throwing) shoulder is just fine after he fell on it in Saturday night's exhibition game.

Albert Haynesworth had most of his weight on Brady on the way down, but the fall wasn't awkward and Brady adjusted his arm quickly to minimize the impact. Clearly, Brady is not injured. Bill Belichick may hold Brady out of the Pats' preseason finale and use this to play games on the Week 1 injury report, but there's no chance that Tom Terrific will miss regular season time. Aug. 29 - 7:20 pm et

I hope this is true. I hope I didn't blow a 2nd round draft choice on him!

Edited by tosberg34

he is fine I watched the game and he was working his arm out and bs'ing with moss on the bench. Then he practiced throwing the ball. I believe belicheck, he is probally sore. I also saw somewhere he tweeted chad ochcinco and said he was fine. There, 2 believable guys!!!

No really I have faith that he will be alright.

I just watched the game again. After the hit they show him walking off the field, he doesn't look to be in pain. They cut to him on the bench talking to Moss, not a trainer. The next clip after a commercial they show him sitting on the bench swinging his arm around talking to Bill O'Brien, Patriots QB Coach-Offensive Play Caller. I would venture to guess if it was something serious he would have trainers swarming on him.

The last time Pennington got hurt, it was eerily similar, and Pennington actually went back into that game and played, even made some throws. I just am not convinced Brady is fine. Yeah, I'm a Jets fan, but I would take Brady in the 2nd round in a heartbeat IF I think he's healthy. He's the best QB in the NFL and in FF. Thing is, he isn't the only QB in the NFL, and tomorrow, my last draft, I won't take the risk of drafting him.