[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Top 10 RBs...

keggerz

Thomas Jones is going to be this year's SOD with the way people value him. I think his TD total goes down, but not his touches.... sure, Leon will get more touches, but the Jets will have more touches to give their RB's this year. Jones will still get the GL looks. He will still get most of the carries and most of the snaps.

Westbrook's demise has been forecasted for how many years now? In PPR, he is still a value play.

Grant and Portis I think will be the dissappointments. No way Slaton falls out.... not in PPR. I like K Smith for a big year. I think C Johnson could fall out.

Jacobs stays out because of Bradshaw. I am one of the few that think LT won't be in the top ten this year.

1. I have been watching when TJ goes and it's right around where I would take him.....maybe a round afterwrds.....and him being the SOD is something I'm keeping an eye on...

2. I also am unselling myself on Westy breaking down as I once thought that it was a given that he wouldn't play more than 10 games at best....but I do see Reid taking a bit of his load off to preserve him for down the stretch unless they really need him....which I see happening due to the OL not gelling early enough...

3. I don't like Grant or Portis :wacko:

4. ditto :D

• 2 months later...
Top 10 in PPR last year:

1. Matt Forte

2. DeAngelo Williams

3. Maurice Jones-Drew

4. Thomas Jones

5. Brian Westbrook

6. Michael Turner

7. Adrian Peterson

8. Steve Slaton

9. Chris Johnson

10. Landian Tomlinson

So who falls out and who steps into the top 10?

fwiw, I only looked at the past few seasons and it shows that there is always a decent amount of turnover

in the top 10(2006: 4 fell out, 2007: 6 fell out, 2008: 7 fell out)

For me I say falling out is:

Thomas Jones

Brian Westbrook

Michael Turner

Chris Johnson

Steve Slaton

Stepping in:

Reggie Bush

Frank Gore

Stephen Jackson

Clinton Portis

Ronnie Brown

ok so I will also go out on a limb and try to predict the final top 10 RBs for 2009

Gore

AP

LT

MJD

Bush

DeWilly

RBrown

SJax

Forte

Portis

:wacko:

Poor Keg just can't catch a break. Seems like more than a few around here are riding him like Sea Biscuit.

No love for Ray Rice? :wacko: He has to be a top-10 back in PPR scoring leagues right now. IMHO, he will be a first-round pick next year, especially if McGahee is released or traded.

Edit: R. Bush is in a committee of three. No way he is top 10.

Edited by Wolverines Fan

Poor Keg just can't catch a break. Seems like more than a few around here are riding him like Sea Biscuit.

really? I have no problem standing behind my predictions/projections but I also know that we are only 9 games into the season....there is still a lot of football left to play....I may have been wrong about CJ but I also nailed that Slaton, TJ & Westy would fall out and if Turner misses more than a game or two he will also probably fall out(even without missing time he was barely hanging in the top 10 in PPR leagues)

and for stepping in I got Gore and SJax right and Ronnie Brown was in 11th less than a point out of 10th(of course he will fall now)

and i find it funny that the guy that decided to quote me ignored his own post where he has Knowshon, Kevin Smith and Donald Brown jumping IN to the top 10

still it is early and there is much football left to be played

i realize keggerz specified PPR, but benson doesn't even get a mention?

i'm a bit suprised

No love for Ray Rice? :wacko: He has to be a top-10 back in PPR scoring leagues right now. IMHO, he will be a first-round pick next year, especially if McGahee is released or traded.

Edit: R. Bush is in a committee of three. No way he is top 10.

Keg released his picks in preseason....I doubt any of us had Rice or Benson as top-10 Rbs back in August.

really? I have no problem standing behind my predictions/projections but I also know that we are only 9 games into the season....there is still a lot of football left to play....I may have been wrong about CJ but I also nailed that Slaton, TJ & Westy would fall out and if Turner misses more than a game or two he will also probably fall out(even without missing time he was barely hanging in the top 10 in PPR leagues)

and for stepping in I got Gore and SJax right and Ronnie Brown was in 11th less than a point out of 10th(of course he will fall now)

and i find it funny that the guy that decided to quote me ignored his own post where he has Knowshon, Kevin Smith and Donald Brown jumping IN to the top 10

Just having some fun, Keg. I definitely sucked with my predictions.

My comment had nothing to do with your actual projections/rankings for this season and more to do with another Huddler quoting something you said and poking fun at it whether as a joke or for real (as in BEM and Hook). Giving fantasy advice and projecting things is like being a weatherman, you can make wrong projections and still keep your job. :wacko:

That's funny because in the initial post in this thread you made a top ten prediction which was rounded out by Portis, yet you've said repeatedly in our "discussions" that you never said Portis was a RB1 :wacko: which is it keg?

ok so I will also go out on a limb and try to predict the final top 10 RBs for 2009

That's funny because in the initial post in this thread you made a top ten prediction which was rounded out by Portis, yet you've said repeatedly in our "discussions" that you never said Portis was a RB1 :wacko: which is it keg?

I guess you see what you want to see and comprehend what you want to comprehend....

This post was to point out just how much turnover there is in the top 10 of RBs...something that I am sure many weren't aware of so I turned it into an exercise which hopefully generates positive and constructive discussion (something you surely struggle with)....I bolded the important part of what I wrote...I also left Forte as a guy that would stay in the top 10 but I didn't really think he would stay in the top 10 but because of history I tried to guess who I thought was more probable to fall out....same goes with picking players that COULD possibly end up in the top 10...my research also surprisingly showed that "older" RBs were usually well represented in the top 10 and that was a major factor for listing LT, Portis & even Ronnie Brown...

Now with regards to the Portis discussion you are talking about I will once again state what my stance and analysis was:

1. Your links/article saying that Portis would lose touches to Betts were nothing but speculation by those writers. I don't know but maybe you didn't like someone calling out your links/articles as being misleading and nothing more than conjecture

2. You at some point got on a soap box saying that Portis wouldnt be productive due to his age (28) and carries (2000+)....my argument with regards to that had NOTHING to do with what I expected Portis would or wouldnt do...it was to point out that you couldnt just throw a blanket on guys and say because of this age or number of touches they wont be productive....i supported that by showing a ton of information that showed that players 28+ or with 2000+ carries COULD be productive and put up top RB1 type numbers....never NEVER was I saying PORTIS IS THIS OR PORTIS IS THAT.

You want to say I have no credibility go ahead ...you continually say that I said Portis was a RB1 or some such in those thread and I truly do not remember that...but I cant go check those 2 threads because you went and poked and prodded people until they got deleted....I dont even know why I go back and forth with you as others saw what I wrote and understood my stance(s)...you can continue to throw rocks if you want but at this point I am done with you and you will be just the 2nd person I have ever put on ignore.

and one last thing and you can try and twist stuff I have said all you want but when I do projections and post them I show the thought process I used and have the numbers to support what I post....am i always right? hel1 no but who is....I would like to think I make people look at things a bit differently and if I do that can only help.

Now I say good bye to you and move on to ignoring you.

and as I said in the other thread I wasn't avoiding replying I had to finish my article last nite and would reply late last nite or today...well I wasn't able to get to it last nite but here i am today

Hey, you get some right, you get some wrong.

I was wrong on Slaton and Johnson, especially Johnson. Based on my board vs APD and most rankings, I definitely hit on T Jones, Rice, Portis, Grant and LT. I'm not talking just top ten, but overall preseason rankings. I really though Slaton would get better, not worse. Benson was NO whee on my radar at all.

Um.... who knew Maryjane Ricky would do what he has done this year? :wacko:

I guess you see what you want to see and comprehend what you want to comprehend....

You want to say I have no credibility go ahead ...you continually say that I said Portis was a RB1 or some such in those thread and I truly do not remember that...but I cant go check those 2 threads because you went and poked and prodded people until they got deleted....I dont even know why I go back and forth with you as others saw what I wrote and understood my stance(s)...you can continue to throw rocks if you want but at this point I am done with you and you will be just the 2nd person I have ever put on ignore.

You're denying that you called Portis a RB1 or top 10 RB in the same thread that you ranked him top 10 :wacko: I guess I should read this backwards or upside to find out what you really meant. Read the first post in this thread, you list Portis as top 10 right. Now you're saying you never said that, this is like bizarro world. Keep on truckin' keg and keep on spinning spin doctor :D:D

Edited by Big Ernie McCracken