[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

6 point QB touchdown scoring

rpoet

Am in some great debate. Hate taking QB's early but see the points the top two can put up in a 6 point per TD league. Have always been burnt by taking a QB in the 1st round and always made it to the championshp game by waiting until at least round 5 or later.

Have the #4 pick. Best guess is that AD, MJD, and LT are gone. So Turner or go out on a limb with Brady or Brees since it is 6 points per TD for QB's.

Gut feel is to take the RB. Any thoughts.

Am in some great debate. Hate taking QB's early but see the points the top two can put up in a 6 point per TD league. Have always been burnt by taking a QB in the 1st round and always made it to the championshp game by waiting until at least round 5 or later.

Have the #4 pick. Best guess is that AD, MJD, and LT are gone. So Turner or go out on a limb with Brady or Brees since it is 6 points per TD for QB's.

Gut feel is to take the RB. Any thoughts.

I meant "AP", MJD, and LT are gone.

There are two factors affecting player value. The difference in scoring between positions and the rate of decline of scoring wihtin a position. With a QB, the slope is not that steep for the first ten and they last until the 4th or 5th round easily. With RBs, the slope is usually much steeper and they are drained far more quickly than QBs. When I can get the 8th best RB or WR in the 5th round, I will wait on them. That never happens.

There are two factors affecting player value. The difference in scoring between positions and the rate of decline of scoring wihtin a position. With a QB, the slope is not that steep for the first ten and they last until the 4th or 5th round easily. With RBs, the slope is usually much steeper and they are drained far more quickly than QBs. When I can get the 8th best RB or WR in the 5th round, I will wait on them. That never happens.

Understood and thanks for the advice. The only thing that had me swaying was the 500 plus points that Brady put up 2 years ago which topped the 2nd QB by more than 180 points.

Of course that can never happen again - right??

6 pt vs 4 pt is only important in a non-Head-2-Head format (total points win the league scoring it can but not in H2H)

I did a excel speadsheet a couple of years back varying in all the differences and came up with It Just Doesn't Matter. In a H2H format what your players score per TD is equal to your opponant. You want to have better players if your QB1 is 20% better but his RB1 is 30% better he'll win.

I play in a league that starts 2 QB's last 2 years have been the last one to pick up my QB1 and my Qb2 , heck 2 yrs ago waited for my last 2 picks to prove a point lost in the finals that year. This year while they went for Brady, Breesem and others I got Turner & LT, so I ended up with Palmer and Edwards as my starters, but I should outscore every one elses RBs.

Take last yrs #'s and add 2 pts per QB TD and see if it would have made a difference over the course of the yr my money says it won't

Edited by TJOLIRPH

Understood and thanks for the advice. The only thing that had me swaying was the 500 plus points that Brady put up 2 years ago which topped the 2nd QB by more than 180 points.

Of course that can never happen again - right??

and was Brady the #1 QB drafted that year too :wacko:

I'll say this, I have NEVER been a big fan of taking a QB early, but I am really thinking about grabbing Rodgers or Peyton in round 2 (Brees and Brady are keepers).

In my league not only do we get 6 pts per TD pass, we also get 1 pt for every 25 yards passing AND .5 per completion.

To me there are 4 clear cut guys who stand up here: Brees, Brady, Peyton, and Rodgers. I think Rivers is a touch behind IMO. Then Warner (can't be as good as last season).

I think if I can get a "big 4" guy I have an edge.

Last two seasons overall points were won by the Brady guy two years ago and 1st and 2nd were the Brees and Warner guys last season.

None of those teams won our SB, but they were there (all made the playoffs) and at the top of the W/L standings as well. I say get me there and I'll be happy. And if you draft a solid team around one of the "big 4" I think you have a great shot.

So I would think about grabbing a big QB with 6 pt TD's IMO. And I have NEVER been a guy who has done that before.

Edited by giantsfan

I'll say this, I have NEVER been a big fan of taking a QB early, but I am really thinking about grabbing Rodgers or Peyton in round 2 (Brees and Brady are keepers).

In my league not only do we get 6 pts per TD pass, we also get 1 pt for every 25 yards passing AND .5 per completion.

To me there are 4 clear cut guys who stand up here: Brees, Brady, Peyton, and Rodgers. I think Rivers is a touch behind IMO. Then Warner (can't be as good as last season).

I think if I can get a "big 4" guy I have an edge.

Last two seasons overall points were won by the Brady guy two years ago and 1st and 2nd were the Brees and Warner guys last season.

None of those teams won our SB, but they were there (all made the playoffs) and at the top of the W/L standings as well. I say get me there and I'll be happy. And if you draft a solid team around one of the "big 4" I think you have a great shot.

So I would think about grabbing a big QB with 6 pt TD's IMO. And I have NEVER been a guy who has done that before.

welcome brack :wacko:

I have been playing in a league where QBs get 6pts plus bonus for distance. QBs usually go from round 2-5 (about 7 of them). I usually wait until round 8-11 to get my QBs. Now I have won my league 2 out of the last 4 and finished 3rd last yr even though I out scored the league by an avg of 25pts/week. The problem with going early on QBs is that you have guys like me stocking up on RBs and WRs. Now I have been lucky or skilled most likely both but I have been able to get very good value in each round. Personally I think Shaub will be close enough to a top 5 QB and be had in the 7th to 9th round. Now the drop off at WRs is huge (to me at least) after the 1st 13 or 15. That is why I am looking at WR/WR this year then RB/RB then WR again.

Like what was said earlier 6pts 10pts 4pts? who cares it applies to the whole position. The real question is where is the drop off at each position? That is what really needs to be discussed.

I have been playing in a league where QBs get 6pts plus bonus for distance. QBs usually go from round 2-5 (about 7 of them). I usually wait until round 8-11 to get my QBs. Now I have won my league 2 out of the last 4 and finished 3rd last yr even though I out scored the league by an avg of 25pts/week. The problem with going early on QBs is that you have guys like me stocking up on RBs and WRs. Now I have been lucky or skilled most likely both but I have been able to get very good value in each round. Personally I think Shaub will be close enough to a top 5 QB and be had in the 7th to 9th round. Now the drop off at WRs is huge (to me at least) after the 1st 13 or 15. That is why I am looking at WR/WR this year then RB/RB then WR again.

Like what was said earlier 6pts 10pts 4pts? who cares it applies to the whole position. The real question is where is the drop off at each position? That is what really needs to be discussed.

Now here's a man with logic on their side

Yeah if you can get one of the big 4 or 5 in the 3rd-4th round then go for if not I'll take my chances with a late round flier, last year it was Warner and Shaub with the 9th and 11th round picks and we start 2 qbs, still did great until I traded T Jones for R Brown after week 5 and it all fell apart, still came in 3rd

...are you an alias of mine or what?