[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

B.O.T.H - Any and all members, poll inside

Brentastic

Strategic Depth  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Do you intentionally write misleading posts in an attepmt to gain a competitive edge?

• Yes
    • No
    • Puddy

I'm just curious, and maybe this thread won't rock until most drafts are settled. I'm curious how competitive and strategic we all are here. For those of you regular posters who compete against other huddlers in leagues, do you ever intentionally post in favor of a player you don't like (or vice versa)?

I don't post a whole lot but when I do it's generally Falcons related. I'm emotionally attached to the team performance but don't get emotionally attached to the players FF wise. Perhaps it is different with other people.

I don't think it would really matter in a BOTH league unless there is a player you know someone is hot on and you want them at a certain point. There are still other people in the league anyway so if one person has a certain opinion, even here, someone in your league certainly has the opposite.

I was very well known at that 'other' site for writing misleading posts during draft season. Mr.Misdirection. Yep...that was me. Yep...I said was..or did I???????? :wacko:

now you see why you spent all those years wasting time

I've written many a post with good info and misleading info, only to not post anything. It's kinda screwy to actually post misleading stuff. And while I'm no genius, I just can't post something that could be used against me in a quart of draught.

Mis-directing and Mis-leading are 2 totally different subjects IMO. Basically, I don't like to let it be known who I really like and who I don't. Except for Stew of course...he's the exception to the rule. But that was years ago.... :halo:

It's kind of the [catch 22? Irony? Paradox? Problem?] with this and other fantasy football sites. A lot of the people who could be really helpful to others, can't or don't want to post too much information here for fear that other owners in which they are playing against will use the information against them. I know I used another owner's post against him in a draft a couple of years back and I don't blame many for not talking much on these boards. It is a shame though.

I post a little to help others (what little help I can be), but try not to get too carried away during draft season and I never post extensively this time of year about a player that I really want.

No misleading information here.

Heck, every year I post 2 mock drafts for the USDA dynasty league. One in January and another a day after the NFL draft. Both with decent explanations on why the player is good and why the owner needs the player on their squad. I give everyone the information, then beat them with it (defending champ). :wacko:

I even get my own draft pick correct half the time.

Edited by Riffraff

a few members of my local finally found out about this site two years ago by coming over and I had the page up :wacko:

I was doing my draft research and then suddenly they start taking the players that I mentioned on these forums early.....

I spoke of this in another thread and someone made sarcastic remarks, but I have a really good winning history in my local and at this point I won 3 of the previous 4 years.....the year I didn't win, I still made the playoffs (12 team league)....

then last year...the same thing happened....

so from that point on, I am keeping my chatter to a minimum because I don't care if people in the BOTH leagues with me see these posts.....I care about the league where the entry fee is $160 a bit more :Muto:

and you can say that they were getting their info from these forums just in general.....but it was as if my entire list of players was targeted...

...better safe than sorry.....but I don't believe I've posted disinformation about my thoughts on certain players...

a few members of my local finally found out about this site two years ago by coming over and I had the page up :wacko:

I was doing my draft research and then suddenly they start taking the players that I mentioned on these forums early.....

I spoke of this in another thread and someone made sarcastic remarks, but I have a really good winning history in my local and at this point I won 3 of the previous 4 years.....the year I didn't win, I still made the playoffs (12 team league)....

then last year...the same thing happened....

so from that point on, I am keeping my chatter to a minimum because I don't care if people in the BOTH leagues with me see these posts.....I care about the league where the entry fee is $160 a bit more :Muto:

and you can say that they were getting their info from these forums just in general.....but it was as if my entire list of players was targeted...

...better safe than sorry.....but I don't believe I've posted disinformation about my thoughts on certain players...

Oh man, that sucks. I've had a similar experience but not as obvious as yours. My local is a $200 entry fee and I too have sustained success over the years. At my draft people jokingly argue on who gets to sit next to me (I know I am sound like Henry Muto here, but it's true) etc... Anyways, my one close friend in the local started stealing my highly targeted players a few years ago. What's even funnier is that even this year, he asked me if I still use the huddle (I intentionally never mention it - usually just say 'my FF site'). The fact that he still knows the name of 'my fantasy football site' tells me he still snoops. Oh well, it only makes me strategize even more, which is half the fun.

With all that being said, I don't think I've ever mislead in posts, maybe, but I think I just type less when it's regarding a player I'm interested in.

Aren't you in sales :wacko:

Haaa! Great memory bro! I was a sales professional. Am now running client services. So you KNOW I am telling the truth! 12 months ago....not so sure!

Give a holler next time you are in NY, OK?

Edited by The Wolf

My thoughts exactly. Will definitely not mislead any of my league mates. I don't want to win so badly that I lie.

When I say mislead, it's not lying about stats or production, just your particular thoughts on a player. I don't know if you can consider that a lie. It's not as if anyone is entitled to know your thoughts and opinions. Plus, if you're not cheating and lying, then you're not trying :wacko:

BTW, that wolf shirt avatar just gave me the biggest boner - it's a visual stimulus for instant horniness. It's like a magic shirt.

I don't post a whole lot but when I do it's generally Falcons related. I'm emotionally attached to the team performance but don't get emotionally attached to the players FF wise. Perhaps it is different with other people.

I don't think it would really matter in a BOTH league unless there is a player you know someone is hot on and you want them at a certain point. There are still other people in the league anyway so if one person has a certain opinion, even here, someone in your league certainly has the opposite.

Same here. I would never mislead my fellow Huddlers. Anything I post about the Saints you can absolutely be certain that is what I believe. However, I will hold on to info for a time if it may affect possible trade negotiations. Perfect example was my feelings about Pierre Thomas' role this year. I got him traded and then opened up.

When I say mislead, it's not lying about stats or production, just your particular thoughts on a player. I don't know if you can consider that a lie. It's not as if anyone is entitled to know your thoughts and opinions. Plus, if you're not cheating and lying, then you're not trying :wacko:

BTW, that wolf shirt avatar just gave me the biggest boner - it's a visual stimulus for instant horniness. It's like a magic shirt.

I'm with you Brent. Understood what you meant. As for the shirt, maybe some day I'll actually spring for it...WCOFF 2010 wear, perhaps!

I was very well known at that 'other' site for writing misleading posts during draft season. Mr.Misdirection. Yep...that was me. Yep...I said was..or did I???????? :wacko:

I never though your misleading/misdirection posts were intentional

:D

Oh man, that sucks. I've had a similar experience but not as obvious as yours. My local is a $200 entry fee and I too have sustained success over the years. At my draft people jokingly argue on who gets to sit next to me (I know I am sound like Henry Muto here, but it's true) etc... Anyways, my one close friend in the local started stealing my highly targeted players a few years ago. What's even funnier is that even this year, he asked me if I still use the huddle (I intentionally never mention it - usually just say 'my FF site'). The fact that he still knows the name of 'my fantasy football site' tells me he still snoops. Oh well, it only makes me strategize even more, which is half the fun.

With all that being said, I don't think I've ever mislead in posts, maybe, but I think I just type less when it's regarding a player I'm interested in.

yeah, I definitely don't want to disinform people who are asking about particulr players...

but I try to keep my thoughts and the breakdowns to a minimum as to where I previously would go into complete depth as to why I felt a certain way......

it really started back in 2002 when I drafted Portis and T Henry.....then traded David Boston / R Gardner for D McAllister and then people started to open their eyes because I finished the year with 3 of the top 5 or 6 RB's...and then every year I kept finishing with a stacked team and they started to wonder why they even played because I had a better than 50% chance of probably winning...

either me...or my brother anyways....