[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pet Peeves

BigMikeinNY

When someone takes 5 minutes to make a pick!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

:wacko: I think those of us in Huddle Ladder HOF would sign up for that in a heartbeat.

My pet peeve, FF-wise? Those who are on deck and do NOT prepick...then leave the draft room for a few hours...

:wacko: I think those of us in Huddle Ladder HOF would sign up for that in a heartbeat.

My pet peeve, FF-wise? Those who are on deck and do NOT prepick...then leave the draft room for a few hours...

yea, i am with you on that one. I was thinking of "live" drafts though, in person :D

People that are up for thier pick, log on, then then still don't pick for a few hours. Then again, unprepared people like this are usually donors so I put up with their sins

1) Jerk-offs who show up late to the draft (happens EVERY year in our league)

2) Morons who make their pick and then leave the table to smoke and joke and come back when it's their next pick --> AND THEN TAKE 5-10 MINUTES TO MAKE IT! Dude! You should have been researching instead of leaving the table!

3) DirtBags who in the middle of their pick will stop and check email or make a phone call instead!

Do I sound angry?

My absolute biggest is when people blab about players who haven't been drafted yet. I bust my azz to be as knowledgeable as possible on draft day. Then this happens:

Dummy #1: Is (insert player here) still available?

Dummy #2: Yeah, but you don't want him. He broke his ankle last week.

Me: :wacko:JEBUS CHRIST WHY DON'T YOU JUST TAKE MONEY OUT OF MY POCKET AND GIVE IT TO HIM WHILE YOU'RE AT IT?!!!?!?!?!1111??!11

7 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

6 Members: The Wolf, LordOpie, steveack, Raging Bitch Tits, rattsass, tazinib1

:wacko: Wow man...just...wow! Welcome aboard!

Edited by The Wolf

My absolute biggest is when people blab about players who haven't been drafted yet. I bust my azz to be as knowledgeable as possible on draft day. Then this happens:

Me: :wacko:JEBUS CHRIST WHY DON'T YOU JUST TAKE MONEY OUT OF MY POCKET AND GIVE IT TO HIM WHILE YOU'RE AT IT?!!!?!?!?!1111??!11

Oh yeah, thank's for reminding me about this one. This burns my shorts everytime too. Part of my strategy is knowing which owners don't do their research, then some other jerk-off tips them off.

1) Jerk-offs who show up late to the draft (happens EVERY year in our league)

2) Morons who make their pick and then leave the table to smoke and joke and come back when it's their next pick --> AND THEN TAKE 5-10 MINUTES TO MAKE IT! Dude! You should have been researching instead of leaving the table!

3) DirtBags who in the middle of their pick will stop and check email or make a phone call instead!

Do I sound angry?

I actually do almost all of this at my live draft because it's at a bar....

but I usually just look at who was selected since my last pick and make a quick decision....because by the time my local draft rolls around, I already was in at least one mock and Ladder PS draft along with 32 HomARRRRRS....so I have some reps under my belt...

I actually do almost all of this at my live draft because it's at a bar....

but I usually just look at who was selected since my last pick and make a quick decision....because by the time my local draft rolls around, I already was in at least one mock and Ladder PS draft along with 32 HomARRRRRS....so I have some reps under my belt...

I'm not sure how I feel about you right now. :wacko:

Maybe in a bar I MIGHT be a little less forgiving, but my draft is always at someones house.

These all pale in comparison to losers who totally screw up the draft/league in the first place because they couldn't be bothered to give ANY input to the league setup or say anything about the chosen draft date......then at the last minute (like a week before the draft) say they don't like this or that, or can't make that draft date so the league falls apart because of it.

Finding enough good, reliable owners to make a whole league is like winning the lotto (or so I would imagine, couldn't say).

These all pale in comparison to losers who totally screw up the draft/league in the first place because they couldn't be bothered to give ANY input to the league setup or say anything about the chosen draft date......then at the last minute (like a week before the draft) say they don't like this or that, or can't make that draft date so the league falls apart because of it.

Finding enough good, reliable owners to make a whole league is like winning the lotto (or so I would imagine, couldn't say).

Good point...or after the league has started bitch about the rules after sending them to each owner like 5 times.

Or how about this one?

Owner can't make the draft but will be available by phone. Commissioner calls him on his picks (which is waaay too accomodating for me) and when he doesn't answer his phone then we pick what he has on his list: a QB. Call him next pick and not only is he pissed because we drafted a QB for him, WHICH WAS ON HIS LIST, he doesn't believe us when we say we called him twice and got his voice mail (Commish had him on speaker phone so all owners could hear).! So all he can do for the next 10 rounds is bitch about how we drafted a QB for him in round 3.

I say owners who can't make the draft roll the dice and should keep their mouths shut!

Edited by tosberg34

This.

Or how about this one?

Owner can't make the draft but will be available by phone. Commissioner calls him on his picks (which is waaay too accomodating for me) and when he doesn't answer his phone then we pick what he has on his list: a QB. Call him next pick and not only is he pissed because we drafted a QB for him, WHICH WAS ON HIS LIST, he doesn't believe us when we say we called him twice and got his voice mail (Commish had him on speaker phone so all owners could hear).! So all he can do for the next 10 rounds is bitch about how we drafted a QB for him in round 3.

I say owners who can't make the draft roll the dice and should keep their mouths shut!

Agreed. Tool...!

I'm not sure how I feel about you right now. :wacko:

Maybe in a bar I MIGHT be a little less forgiving, but my draft is always at someones house.

do you mean a little more forgiving?.....and I also agree with the house setting being a lot more calm as opposed to holding the draft at a bar from noon - 6:30.....

My pet peeve is of my own stupidity. Wanting a player really bad but waiting one more draft pick before selecting him thinking "no one knows of this gem" then BAM.....sum dolt thats never played before picks him, and randomly at that.

either that or when someone who I probably underestimated has picked him...

As a commish of 2 locals - I say + 1 Million, Bazillion, Quadrillion to this! It is darn tough trying to accomodate everyone's schedule and when folks bail out last minute (and heck if I had 1 weeks notice I'd be very happy - I tend to get 2 days tops) and wonder if it'll mess things up? Ummmm yeah just a tad....I love draft day (live event) but it is getting harder and harder to get all of us together at the same time and place....hate to go to an online draft but we may need to consider it in the near future......have my first live local draft in less than 2 hours (a church league with 24 teams - 2 twelve team conferences drafting simultaneously....have moved the draft date 3 times for this one in order to be accomodating....still gonna have 5 or 6 who can't make it....and I'll be drafting for most of them)...

KO'd