[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2nd D/ST?

SheikYerbuti

Just got back from my first local of the year. Plan going in was to be the last person to take a D/ST and wind up with something in the range of the Pats or Packers or even the Bucs. So, the first few D/ST's go while I'm drafting my Flex guy and my WR3. By the time the first 10 D/ST's are gone, I'm picking up bye week bench guys. Then some dope takes a 2nd D/ST. . .then another guy does it. "Meh" I think "so I'll get the 12th one off the board. . .no biggie". So I'm lapping up all my deep sleepers, and next thing I know I look up and about 6 guys in the league have drafted a 2nd D/ST. What the hey hey!?? So I wind up with Washington.

WASHINGTON. . .

Oh well, my bench is mighty deep. And I can always hope some undrafted squad overachieves. . .

Edited by SheikYerbuti

And what's wrong with Washington especially getting them as late as you did? They should be a very solid D and could finish surely in the Top 10 but maybe even Top 5.

The same thing happened to me, only I had 12 people and 7 people took a second defense. You're lucky to get Washington.

I was left with a choice between Arizona, Houston San Francisco, and Seattle. (I picked Houston but then dropped them for Arizona.)

They did the same thing with Tight Ends, so I ended up with Tony Scheffler.

Just got back from my first local of the year. Plan going in was to be the last person to take a D/ST and wind up with something in the range of the Pats or Packers or even the Bucs. So, the first few D/ST's go while I'm drafting my Flex guy and my WR3. By the time the first 10 D/ST's are gone, I'm picking up bye week bench guys. Then some dope takes a 2nd D/ST. . .then another guy does it. "Meh" I think "so I'll get the 12th one off the board. . .no biggie". So I'm lapping up all my deep sleepers, and next thing I know I look up and about 6 guys in the league have drafted a 2nd D/ST. What the hey hey!?? So I wind up with Washington.

WASHINGTON. . .

Oh well, my bench is mighty deep. And I can always hope some undrafted squad overachieves. . .

I'm not calling the fellas in Ladder HOF dopes, but the same exact scenario is what I was in this year. In fact, three teams had a 2nd D before I took my one and only in the 18th and final round: Carolina was remaining on the prepick. Yep...good ole, Car-o-lina...:wacko:

If I'm feeling extra good about my team after having QB/RB/WR/TE starters and a difference-making DEF is on the board, I'll take 'em. Otherwise, I'll wait until the final four rounds to get PK and DEF. And this season, I think Pittsburgh's probably the only DEF I'd reach for.

In terms of a second defense, why? I'd rather have a sleeper RB or WR.

I'll draft one DEF and two PKs, and will drop PK2 after bye weeks are dealt with and it's time to fill my DEF's bye.

:wacko:

Oh, and Washington should be a solid DEF1 this season.

My local leage has a defensive scoring set up like this:

Fumble Recoveries (from Opponent) 0-10 1 point each Test

Interceptions Caught 0-10 1 point each Test

Blocked Field Goals 0-10 2 points each Test

Blocked Punts 0-10 2 points each Test

Blocked Extra Points 0-10 2 points each Test

Sacked a QB 0-100 1 point each Test

Safeties 0-10 2 points each Test

Total Points Allowed 0-0 15 Test

Total Points Allowed 1-6 8 Test

Total Points Allowed 7-14 3 Test

Total Points Allowed 15-22 0 Test

Total Points Allowed 23-30 -3 Test

Total Points Allowed 31-38 -8 Test

Total Points Allowed 39-9999 -15 Test

Total Net Yards Allowed 0-199 10 Test

Total Net Yards Allowed 200-299 5 Test

Total Net Yards Allowed 300-399 0 Test

Total Net Yards Allowed 400-499 -5 Test

Total Net Yards Allowed 500-9999 -10 Test

Number of Defensive & Special Teams TDs 0-10 6 points each Test

A few teams finished the year with less than zero points wise. In a league like this, it's not too far fetches to get a 2nd defense. Heck, there was a team that took three because of it. Of course we have 24 roster spots as well.

My local leage has a defensive scoring set up like this:

Fumble Recoveries (from Opponent) 0-10 1 point each Test

Interceptions Caught 0-10 1 point each Test

Blocked Field Goals 0-10 2 points each Test

Blocked Punts 0-10 2 points each Test

Blocked Extra Points 0-10 2 points each Test

Sacked a QB 0-100 1 point each Test

Safeties 0-10 2 points each Test

Total Points Allowed 0-0 15 Test

Total Points Allowed 1-6 8 Test

Total Points Allowed 7-14 3 Test

Total Points Allowed 15-22 0 Test

Total Points Allowed 23-30 -3 Test

Total Points Allowed 31-38 -8 Test

Total Points Allowed 39-9999 -15 Test

Total Net Yards Allowed 0-199 10 Test

Total Net Yards Allowed 200-299 5 Test

Total Net Yards Allowed 300-399 0 Test

Total Net Yards Allowed 400-499 -5 Test

Total Net Yards Allowed 500-9999 -10 Test

Number of Defensive & Special Teams TDs 0-10 6 points each Test

A few teams finished the year with less than zero points wise. In a league like this, it's not too far fetches to get a 2nd defense. Heck, there was a team that took three because of it. Of course we have 24 roster spots as well.

That seems crazy to me, but in a league with that scoring and 24 roster spots, yeah, I'd draft 2 D's and draft them early as well.

As for you sheik, I think Wash will end up top five as well. I only ever draft one K and one K, pick up an extra sleeper and then dump someone not producing to cover the K and D bye. :wacko:

More fun than that is trying to decide when to draft your QB when you are the only team without one.

You just know that at least one motherwhen I wore my first dresser is going to draft his backup QB too soon.