[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chiefs Fire OC

Hat Trick

Wow. That's just not how you prefer to start the season. Particularly when they kept Gailey on staff from the old regime. So far I have managed to not draft anyone from KC or TB and I am not regretting that.

Gonzo must have known that the time to be gettin' outta town was this year.

Actually he should have left after 97 and he might have won a ring by now :wacko:

I like that they are being proactive. Why wait until the end of the season? And there is plenty of time to interview and hire a new guy, and then implement his offense, before the season starts. Great move IMO. :wacko:
So it's better to keep a failed OC around and just waste a season?

If I was a KC fan I would try to look on the (slightly) brighter side. At least your not a Raiders fan.

Is anyone else thinking that the NE model is a fluke based upon the strength of personality of one and only one person - Belicheck?

Everywhere any of his spin-offs/disciples goes the team ends up being a whirlwind of calamity ending in disaster.

Or is it just a master plan?!?!

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...mp;sportCat=nfl

I'm reading that Haley will probably now call the plays himself, so I feel better about the move. I think they will finish 6-10.

werd - good move for KC - Haley will do a great job calling plays. I was shocked they even kept Gailey on board once Haley got the job.

Gailey's best days are behind him, did Chiefs really want him anyway? with that stellar offense he and Herm were running?

I would be fired up if I was a Chiefs fan- Haley will open it up and bring some needed excitement to this squad

Is anyone else thinking that the NE model is a fluke based upon the strength of personality of one and only one person - Belicheck?

Everywhere any of his spin-offs/disciples goes the team ends up being a whirlwind of calamity ending in disaster.

Did Haley ever coach for Belichick? I think he's more under the Parcells coaching tree.

Did Haley ever coach for Belichick? I think he's more under the Parcells coaching tree.

Correct, assistant under Parcells for 3 years. Never coached under Belichick.

Edited by Big John

Interesting and plausible, however too many people would need to keep quiet for the plan to stay secret. Instead, I think there is a similar but much simpler explanation. Belicheck only teaches his understudies just enough for them to do just their job, but never enough to put all the pieces together to be successful on their own.

Interesting and plausible, however too many people would need to keep quiet for the plan to stay secret. Instead, I think there is a similar but much simpler explanation. Belicheck only teaches his understudies just enough for them to do just their job, but never enough to put all the pieces together to be successful on their own.

The sad thing is that I could believe this.

Agreed. But hate zinging him... he is one of the good ones. :D

Are you smack-talking Mexicans again? :wacko:

You have any IDEA what lawns and restaurant flatware would look like in this country without my people?

Let BB go, he's rolling.

We could fight Belicheck with conventional weapons, but that would take years and cost thousands of lives.