[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

J. Lewis to be cut?

d3m

"Michael Lombardi, from the National Football Post, reports the Browns found a back in the later rounds this year, sixth-round pick James Davis, who looks like the real deal. Lombardi's still not sold that Jamal Lewis will make the team.

Our view: We know surprise cuts happen every year, and Jamal Lewis could be one of those players this year. James Davis is running hard, and making big plays for the Browns, but many question whether or not he could handle the full workload. If the Browns were to let Lewis go, we would see an expanded role for Jerome Harrison as a complementary back to James Davis. Stay tuned. "

Looks like I'll be dropping Maclin for Harrison (Davis already owned). Any thoughts? This is NOT for sure yet, but a possibility.

Lombardi doesn't make those decisions.

This sounds what Fox News would say...

Our view: We know surprise cuts happen every year, and Jamal Lewis could be one of those players this year. James Davis is running hard, and making big plays for the Browns, but many question whether or not he could handle the full workload. If the Browns were to let Lewis go, we would see an expanded role for Jerome Harrison as a complementary back to James Davis. Stay tuned. "

"Many question?"

Seems like a very slow news day. I doubt based on a few plays against 3rd string defenses they would go with a rookie.

Thank you... Randall.

It is possible but they did pay him a $4 million bonus. After paying Stallworth right before the accident would they want to lose millions again?

Lombardi is probably trying to be the first to break surprising news.

Yeah, even if they don't like Lewis to start, they've got nothing after Davis.

Harrison? Gimme a break... they're potentially trying to break in a young QB in Quinn and they're going to go into the season with a couplea late round RB's that've done nothing in the NFL?... I don't see it happening.

Edited by byron2112

I doubt based on a few plays against 3rd string defenses they would go with a rookie.

Based Davis' a few plays against a third string defense?...maybe not. Based on Lewis' horrible efforts against first and second-string defenses AND Davis' success?... maybe.

By any account, Lewis has looked incredibly slow and worn down.

Regardless of the opinion of Lombardi, could this happen. I dont see it far fetched to start David over Lewis. Question is, why havent they brought in other guys by now. Personally the way NY abused Cle in the draft, wouldnt surprise me to seeThomas Jones heading to Cle for Josh Cribbs.

No way. They already have the Josh Cribbs role covered nicely in Leon Washington.

He is their #3t Wr, A Devin Hester clone. Would probably start over Clowny or Stuckey in NY at Wr. And Im almost certain Leon isnt a punt returner like Cribbs. So they do not fill the same role in the least.

http://www.nfl.com/players/profile?id=00-0023176

Ok. I still say they're basically clones of each other though. By that I mean a flex player that could end up touching the ball in a variety of ways, as a WR, as a RB, as a return guy.

We'll see. I've been wrong before.

Jamal got a 5 Mill bonus already

Lombardi knows what he is talking about

-Brady Quinn will be traded before the draft, Derek Anderson will be traded before the draft and Braylon will be traded during the draft.

Next years draft?

Lombardi's right often but in this case he may be guessing too much trying to anticipate who is cut.

Multiple sources? What kind of sources? Coaches on the team, other coaches, scouts?