[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Favre Vikings vs the Texans

keggerz

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it's still preseason - but I'm SO happy I took AP with the #1 pick!! Didn't understand all the MJD talk..

AP is the #1 pick in Non PPR leagues. MJD/Forte are backs who gain a lot in PPR leagues, but AP could still outscore them - its just harder when he doesn't catch all that much.

Because even for how studly AP is he wasn't a top 5 in PPR leagues last year.

highest floor of any 1st round RB and when there are as many questions around the 1st round RBs that means something...even in a PPR league I roll the dice with AP at #1 knowing that baring injury(say that about any rb) he is going to be right there week in and week out and he is really only a handful of catches and TDs from putting up a "for the ages" type year.

edit: He was 7th and only 2.76 points per week out of the #1 slot...or about 7 catches 70 recvng yards and 5 TDs more for the season

Edited by keggerz

highest floor of any 1st round RB and when there are as many questions around the 1st round RBs that means something...even in a PPR league I roll the dice with AP at #1 knowing that baring injury(say that about any rb) he is going to be right there week in and week out and he is really only a handful of catches and TDs from putting up a "for the ages" type year.

I realize the thought process of him being the "consensus" #1, but it's not a slam dunk pick compared to someone like LT in his prime.

I had the #1 pick this year for the first time in..oh 4-5 years and I took AP without HESITATION in a PPR league. Many guys asked me why? Why not MJD? Forte? Cause, I said, AP is proven. What can you tell me about those other guys previous to last year. Silence.

Thank you.

I realize the thought process of him being the "consensus" #1, but it's not a slam dunk pick compared to someone like LT in his prime.

LT was special that is for sure but with all the questions surrounding the other "top" RBs I think he is that much of a slam dunk.

If Favre stays healthy it would be the first year that AP has had a decent QB. You don't think this would diminish his touches at all? Favre likes to look downfield (and throw the INT). I don't think hes the sure thing everyone thinks he is.

Yes, it's still preseason - but I'm SO happy I took AP with the #1 pick!! Didn't understand all the MJD talk..

Gotta love how one play can make you feel like such a winner. I'm, still taking MJD in PPR but ADP is right with him and could very well finish as the #1 overall RB in PPR leagues (which he hasn't been able to do yet).

Can someone tell me how often Berrian is looked at and if he looks good? I don't know what to think about him this year and hes in my flex spot.

Berrian on the sidelines ... again

August 31, 2009 8:14 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Kevin Seifert

HOUSTON -- As it turns out, Minnesota receiver Bernard Berrian won't be playing in this game. He was in uniform and participated in pregame warmups, but he was in street clothes when the Vikings returned from the locker room for the national anthem.

Berrian is dealing with a hamstring injury, and his absence normally wouldn't be a big deal. But now, he won't get any preseason work with new quarterback Brett Favre unless they both play in Friday's preseason finale at the Metrodome. Coach Brad Childress has rested his starters for that game in each of the past two seasons.

Of course it might not matter if the Vikings start games off the way they did here. For those who aren't watching, tailback Adrian Peterson took the first play from scrimmage 75 yards for a touchdown.

Minnesota Vikings, MNF 083109, Adrian Peterson, Brad Childress, Brett Fav