[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What Rocks About YOUR Favorite League?

Samson

Tell me what you like best about your favorite league. (I know, many of us are in like 28 leagues and somebody's going to have to drone on about liking this feature in this league and that feature in that league, and . . . ) Aside from good friends, which makes any league, what features of your favorite league do you really like?

I like my main league's . . .

1. Auction format (so much more fun, always engaged, chance at every player)

2. 14-team setup (play everyone else once, talent spread so that every roster spot counts but a couple wire moves in a season could help)

3. Keeper (controlled by salary cap growth, but some opportunity for continuity and team personality)

Total fantasy football nerd here, so I love hearing about cool features of people's league rules, etc.

Our commish is a regular bar-b-q contest participant (he's done some of the big ones... don't know specific names). Every year he breaks out some of his brisket and/or chopped pork and feeds the owners before the draft commences. I'm sure there is some ulterior motive of getting us all drunk on fatty, delicious, slow-cooked meat, but after a couple of bar-b-q sandwiches I don't care.

Besides having skylive5 in the league? Well, ECB has a terrific get together each year for our live draft. The weekly pot for high score as mentioned above makes ECB interesting for all through at least the last regular season game.

We have a 12 team -- two divisions-- 4 player Keeper league with IDP

But, I would say that the coolest things about our league is that it started in 1994. I joined in 1995 and we have only had about 4 coach / team changes. The longevity is really cool. We have a historical site and have long time records and milestones...We can see head to head records etc..

50 dollars a week awarded to high points . It keeps teams interested and can allow you to almost play free if you can get it enough.

I was going to say $20 per week for high points here in a league where if you stink one year, you automatically get a high pick the next year. Keeps it balanced in a way.

NORRIS 12 team BOTH Dynasty. 4th year and made up of 3 fans of each of the NFC North teams.

What rocks? My first dynasty and I love it. Especially the added aspect of having a rookie draft and trying to pull out diamonds in the rough by studying the rookies alot closer than you ever would in a redraft. Oh, and I love my current starting lineup:

QB P. Manning

RB AD / Forte

WR R. Moss / Jennings / Colston

TE Gonzo

PK Elam

DT Eagles

(This is not a cleverly disguised rate my team post. Or is it?)

The Trash Talk - it runs from just in your face to really clever & funny. All the teams have at least 2 other versions of their team names that other owners have given them, to the point that in posts no one actually calls them by their actual name. Most people can't wait until Sunday night or Monday to see what gets posted and then they watch the responses as the week progresses.

We usually lose one or two owners each year and usually the people who want to get in the most are the ones who want to participate in the trash talk.

Everyone has fun with it and no one holds a grudge.

My modified full Dynasty league is actually 3 leagues. Division 1 which has been around for about 8 years. Division 2 starting it's 3rd year and Division 1 it's 2nd year.

This is a free league and is for fans of one particular NFL team. We have an anonymous sponser who foots the bill for all 36 teams and there is good prize money for D1, a lot less for D2 and nothing for D1. You have to finish in the top 9 of your league or you lose your team. The roster stays the same but it has a new owner the next season. Top 3 in D3 move up to take the vacated D2 teams (who moved down to D3). Top 2 in D2 move up to take the 3 worst D1 teams (who move to D2). The bottom 3 in D3 are out and replaced by brand new owners. Obviously the idea is to get to D1 where the money is.

I was a charter D1 member but lost my team 2 years ago and am still in D2. Great league(s)... :wacko:

50 dollar weekly reward but we split it 25 to high score and 25 to the team with that weeks randomly picked before the year scoring category such as most points by a QB, RB, WR etc. etc. keeps everyone interested and why we dont give it all to high score because more times than not the high score is usually the best team. Anyone of the teams can have the scoring category win and it makes Monday nights fun when u still have a guy goin in the category and a chance at some cash and to maybe break someones heart by stealin it from them at the last minute :wacko:

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

Draft Weekend - after 20+ years int he same league with most of the original owners still in tact, it is great to see everyone on that weekend, play some golf, eat some BBQ, pop a few beers and talk sports and fantasy football. Also, not having to hear the words "Honey" or "Daddy" for 48 hours is nice too!