[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is this trade vetoable?

robert terni

plus the fact that he has a TE coming into the league with hugh upside

Who is this Hugh guy, and why is he mentioned in so many threads on here? :wacko:

sorry....I just do not see how HUGE is so hard to spell, and after seeing that same spelling on the third thread today...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is this Hugh guy, and why is he mentioned in so many threads on here? :wacko:

sorry....I just do not see how HUGE is so hard to spell, and after seeing that same spelling on the third thread today...

Be prepared to be called "newbie"

It is a Huddleism that dates to 2001 when zander666 made that spelling, that caught on in a famous thread that had since been purged out. But that spelling lives on.

It is a Huddleism that dates to 2001 when zander666 made that spelling, that caught on in a famous thread that had since been purged out. But that spelling lives on.

Gotcha...I was wondering if it was intentional...and I admit, I have not been here since 2001 :wacko:

Apparently the actual trade was driver and winslow for gates and berrian. The newbie called me and asked for my opinion and I expressed my opinion to him. I told him gates is a beast and winslows injury prone on a suspect offense and also told him berrian can outperform driver this year with some qb names favre in the rhelm. So he agreed and denied trade. Was I wrong in saying this? The other team whom is my best friend called me b!tching saying I'm an @ss for convincing his brother to deny the trade

Apparently the actual trade was driver and winslow for gates and berrian. The newbie called me and asked for my opinion and I expressed my opinion to him. I told him gates is a beast and winslows injury prone on a suspect offense and also told him berrian can outperform driver this year with some qb names favre in the rhelm. So he agreed and denied trade. Was I wrong in saying this? The other team whom is my best friend called me b!tching saying I'm an @ss for convincing his brother to deny the trade

Yes.

I can see Winslows out-performing Gates this year.

I can see Driver out-performing Berrian this year.

Also, Gates isn't free of injuries either. Actually (have to check), I think Winslow is healthier than Gates right now.

IMO, you sounded like you didn't want the trade to go through and you threw your biased remarks in.

Edited by MrTed46

Didn't read the thread, but no veto. Ever. Golden rule, don't pay money to play in leagues with Newbies. These things happen their first few years. It is unavoidable. If you let somebody play in your league, you have to let them control their team. If I ever had a trade vetoed, that would be the last day I would participate in said league.

Wow, 2001? How the time flies.

I did not take the time to read the replies but I will tell you this.

If I was in that league and part of that trade and you vetoed it, (no matter what side of the trade was mine), I would protest over any trade that you let pass and I would never play in that league again.

Unless it is collusion, teams have the right to manage whatever way they see fit.

Shoud not veto the trade, but I see no reason someone would trade gates/berrian for winslow driver right now. That's not to say winslow and/or Driver won't outperform Gates/Berrian, but every ranking I have seen has Gates above Winslow and Berrian/Driver about the same. It's TE/WR for TE/WR, so it's not like you can argue I'm strong at WR and weak at RB so I trade a very good WR for an okay RB.

Edited by kcmast