[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How long have you been in your fantasy football league?

Toledo Toxins

I started in my league end of 1994-- first full season was 1995...

I had as my key three players...

QB: B. Favre, RB: M. Faulk, and WR: C. Pickens

I was very happy... I won the league... in 1999

We did the whole league through phone calls...and later on emailing...now all online.

Hans

Toledo Toxins 78-82-3

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First player I ever drafted was Marshal Faulk when he was a colt. I had Shannon Sharpe and Jim Kelly was my QB. I also traded Anthony Miller for Eddie George very early in the year. People thought it was a little nuts because George was a rookie. Whatever year George was a Rookie was my first year in Fantasy.

My local's been in place since 1995. We decided to start it up with 5 guys the night before the season started. One team was on a bye every week. First pick was Steve Young, second was Emmitt Smith. I had the third pick and took Dan Marino. Jerry Rice was 4th...cannot remember who was 5th. Barry Sanders, perhaps?

Can't remember 'em all... I do remember picking up Brad Baxter, RB for the Jets, back in 1991. He had 11 TD's that year, and helped lead me to the playoffs. That was my sophomore year of H.S., and I believe it was my first year playing FF. I can remember asking my dad to stop at the nearest newspaper stand, so I could buy a paper and check out my team's stats. I quickly learned that, at least in rural MN at that time, the USAToday didn't always have the full set of stats for the late game... so I started buying the Star Tribune instead.

I honestly don't even remember how we "submitted" lineups back then... I think we had a commish who collected them on Fridays (at school), and I seem to recall occasionally calling him on the weekend to make a change. Although, with the limited information we had at the time (I didn't have ESPN/cable or internet at my house), there probably weren't too many reasons to make last-minute changes. Crazy how things have changed. :wacko:

What's sad is that this is the first year that those same group of guys aren't playing in a league together... Our local folded after nearly 20 years. :D

I started in 1998 and drafted Brad Johnson 1st, had Levens, Yancey Thigpen, Mason and a couple of others. Always I remember was that this was the last time I drafted a QB in the 1st round. Five of my first 6 picks got hurt and either missed the whole season or played like they did. LOL. And it was in 1999 that I found The Huddle (when it was free) and have been ever since.

PS yes I missed out on Cunningham that year because another team rode the train with the commish and picked him up before I could. pre cell phones and websites.

The Huddle has helped me win 8 championships and finish 2nd or 3rd at least 5 times. ( I have played in 2 leagues since 2000)

My original membership number was like 200 something. Problem with signing back up and had to create a whole new ID in 2001.

Edited by Bree22

I remember my first pick was Mark Rypien the year after he won the Superbowl. :wacko: I didn't know much.

Have things changed? :D

My first year was in 1989, which was Barry Sanders' rookie year I believe. Eric Dickerson, Christian Okoye, Jerry Rice, Henry Ellard, Sterling Sharpe, Art Monk, Dalton Hilliard, Andre Reed, Mark Rypien and Warren Moon were all big time players if not studs back then. I also remember Earnest Byner and Marion Butts as I had them on some of my teams..

:wacko: You are too young, and FF started around 1960.

The game originated in 1962 from an idea of Bill Winkenbach or so I've read.

Been only in this FF league for 2 years. My only 2 years. It's a 12 man league.

First year I took Adrian Peterson in the 3rd round and people was saying I was crazy. I finished 2nd in the league next to a guy who had LT, Jacobs, Brady, Moss, Witten and Edwards (when he was All Pro).

Next year, I took Aaron Rodgers in the 5th round... and they were calling me crazy. I finished as the champ.

This year, I took Knowshon in the 7th and James Davis in the 9th round... we'll see how it works out.

69 year young NFL nut here--joined FF league in 1985. Ten team league had been going two years then. Really weird rules compared to today. No yardage points except for bonuses for 100 yeards rushing or receiving, 250 yards passing. Points were really money. You earned points for scoring TDs based on length of score (1-2 yards 50 cents; 3-10 yards $1; 11-20 yards $2; 21-30 yards $3; over 50 yards $5. Lineups like today, no flex no TE, but Rookie was a separate position (QB/RB/WR/even PK could be used). You totaled up your money each week and compared with other 9 guys. Differences in money owed by lower guys. Settled up after 8 games and at end of season. Big winner usually made $600-$800. One time only FA pickups (4 total) after week 8. Before internet, USA Today was essential--like today, info was money then! My first pick? Dan Fouts!

2003 the computer picked for me. ------ in the basement.

2004 did my own draft---1st pick Kurt Warner- Qb---Giants

2nd pick Mike Allstott-

3rd pick Peter Warwick

Warner gone after 1st game, Alstott after 3rd

Got lucky on waiver wire and went to playoffs basically with Westbrook, Rudi, and Moe Williams.

I have been in this league for 3 years. I have been in a fantasy league since 1979 except for 3 years because i was accused of cheating. I am many things but i don't cheat or lie. when i was accused i got up and walked out and never turned back. when this league was started i joined when i found out the guy that accused me was not invited to enter. I later found out he accused more than just me he was mad because he couldn't break into the top 50% of the league.

Playing for about 10-11 years now...

Going back a few years studs I remember seeing:

John "freaking" Elway

Terrell Davis

Rich Gannon (yes its true)

Marshall Faulk

Preist Holmes

Shawn Alexander

Randy Moss (the Rookie campaign that blew our minds)

TO with the Eagles (Valuetown pick)

Torry Holt

and of course LT

Edited by ChampSampson