[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Should I be worried as a Bowe owner?

gocubbies621

I'd be a lot more worried about Cassell's knee than the depth chart. Bowe was going to have enough problems fighting off double teams... I don't think he needs Tyler Thigpen throwing to him again.

I liked Pigpen! Bowe had a good year with him slinging it around! Wasn't good for the Cheifs but it was good for fantasy!

Edited by gocubbies621

I'd be a lot more worried about Cassell's knee than the depth chart. Bowe was going to have enough problems fighting off double teams... I don't think he needs Tyler Thigpen throwing to him again.

Bowe with Thigpen throwing to him = 86rec/1022yds/7TDs Ummmmm...As a Bowe owner I'm down with that!! :wacko:

I'd be more worried about that O-line and lack of a quality #2 option in the passing game.

He'll move back up the chart, and they'll have to throw plenty to try to catch up. I don't think it matters if its Cassell or Thigpen throwing to him. Now if its Croyle, you've got a problem.

That was with Gonzalez there to take away a safety every once in a while. Who on Earth is going to draw coverage away from Bowe now? I think the downgrade in receiving teammates requires an upgrade at the QB position.

My boy Mark Bradley thats who. :wacko:

That was with Gonzalez there to take away a safety every once in a while. Who on Earth is going to draw coverage away from Bowe now? I think the downgrade in receiving teammates requires an upgrade at the QB position.

So all stud WRs have a stud TE taking the safety away? :wacko:

So all stud WRs have a stud TE taking the safety away? :wacko:

No, but I'm willing to bet that they have a really good QB and/or a solid #2 receiving option (TE or WR, no matter). Recapping the Top 11 WR's (I think the arguments get muddied after that):

Fitz - Boldin & Warner

Moss - Brady & Welker (?)

Andre Johnson - Schaub, Daniels, and Walter (none are great, but all are solid)

Calvin Johnson - exception

Roddy White - Matt Ryan was a big difference for him last year

Jennings - Rodgers & Driver

Steve Smith - Muhammad & Delhomme (at least in the past)

Boldin - Fitz & Warner

Wayne - Manning & Clark

Bowe - ???

Colston - Moore, Brees, maybe even Bush

So we have two real exceptions... Bowe and Johnson. And those are the two guys in the Top 11 that I am very hesitant to draft at the position they'd need to be picked in order to get them this year. Smith could be argued as a 3rd, and I have generally avoided him as well. Just my system, though.

Gonzalez did help open up some receiver routes, but not to the point I think your trying to make. KC still has some decent receivers that will force double coverage across the line, opening up plenty of lanes for Bowe. I think Cooper and Bradley will take some double coverage and whom ever is at QB, Bowe will get plenty of touches. My guess is at least 1K + 7TD's.

Gonzalez did help open up some receiver routes, but not to the point I think your trying to make. KC still has some decent receivers that will force double coverage across the line, opening up plenty of lanes for Bowe. I think Cooper and Bradley will take some double coverage and whom ever is at QB, Bowe will get plenty of touches. My guess is at least 1K + 7TD's.

The first bolded part, teams will double Cooper and Bradley and leave Bowe out on an island? I can't see that happening.

Second bolded part, I agree 100%. Bowe will get the lion's share of the looks, which will lead to more touches.

No, but I'm willing to bet that they have a really good QB and/or a solid #2 receiving option (TE or WR, no matter). Recapping the Top 11 WR's (I think the arguments get muddied after that):

Fitz - Boldin & Warner

Moss - Brady & Welker (?)

Andre Johnson - Schaub, Daniels, and Walter (none are great, but all are solid)

Calvin Johnson - exception

Roddy White - Matt Ryan was a big difference for him last year

Jennings - Rodgers & Driver

Steve Smith - Muhammad & Delhomme (at least in the past)

Boldin - Fitz & Warner

Wayne - Manning & Clark

Bowe - ???

Colston - Moore, Brees, maybe even Bush

So we have two real exceptions... Bowe and Johnson. And those are the two guys in the Top 11 that I am very hesitant to draft at the position they'd need to be picked in order to get them this year. Smith could be argued as a 3rd, and I have generally avoided him as well. Just my system, though.

Bowe was fine with Thigpen, first of all.

Second of all, plenty of holes in this argument:

Roddy White only had 11 more yards per game under Ryan, and scored only one more TD as compared to his 07-08 season.

LOL @ using Steve Smith - and Delhomme/Muhammed - as an example. This guy performs no matter what.

Lance Moore? You really think he's helping Marques Colston achieve stud status?

Great WRs are going to be great no matter what.

Edited by darin3

The first bolded part, teams will double Cooper and Bradley and leave Bowe out on an island? I can't see that happening.

Second bolded part, I agree 100%. Bowe will get the lion's share of the looks, which will lead to more touches.

I didn't mean to imply that because the Chiefs have Cooper and Bradley that Bowe will be granted single coverage game in and game out. I do think that having two other very capable WR's will opt allot better opportunities for Bowe though.

Bowe is talented. He put up good numbers his rookie year and good numbers last year with 3 different QB's. Calling the Chiefs offense pedestrian, during this time period, is probably being kind. Bowe got ton of targets and receptions last year; now the big red zone target in Gonzo,is gone. I think that ends up being a positive for Bowe's total TD's.

For whatever worries there are around Bowe, there is also a 2-season resume that should alleviate a lot of those fears; and he is entering the "mythical/magical" 3rd season as a WR.

Like Bowe a lot compared to some of the guys going around/before him in drafts.

Edited by bushwacked

Bowe is talented. He put up good numbers his rookie year and good numbers last year with 3 different QB's. Calling the Chiefs offense pedestrian, during this time period, is probably being kind. Bowe got ton of targets and receptions last year; now the big red zone target in Gonzo,is gone. I think that ends up being a positive for Bowe's total TD's.

For whatever worries there are around Bowe, there is also a 2-season resume that should elevate a lot of those fears; and he is entering the "mythical/magical" 3rd season as a WR.

Like Bowe a lot compared to some of the guys going around/before him in drafts.

Elevate, as in raise fears, or alleviate those fears?

I admit this could all be me playing it safe and trusting that a better supporting cast equals more consistent production, but I just think there is a lot of risk to the guys who don't have support around him.

Maybe I'm using a small sample size, but take Calvin Johnson for example. In my limited observation last year, it seemed like he would do nothing, do nothing, do nothing for most of the game, then BAM... 80-yard TD catch and run. Stats ended up being there, but it was breaking one big play as opposed to grabbing a bunch of balls and red zone scores. There were 9 times last season that he caught 4 or fewer passes in a game. His biggest fantasy game of the season was a 2-catch, 154-yard performance against Houston. I'm sure many would say that it doesn't matter how he piles up his yards, but I ask what happens if he doesn't slip the safety this season on those big gainers? Are we now looking at a guy with 2 catches for 60 yards and 0 scores?

Interested in opinions as this is just a philosophy I have for comparing guys at each level. If I'm taking a Top 4 guy, I'm picking Johnson last for these kinds of reasons. I'd rather have a guy who is going to get more targets, get more receptions (Johnson ended the season with just 78 receptions), and not rely on a ton of big plays in limited opportunities to rack up his 1,000+ yards.

Those are the receivers who are your biggest threat. You know they are going to break at least one big play per game but that is the extent of their danger. Do you gaurd him religiously to protect against one potential long ball or let the slot receivers have their way with you.

Sounds like the depth chart is out-of-date or inaccurate... either way, that has nothing to do with the organization being "disorganized." It has to do with the fact that the Chiefs couldn't care less whether fantasy footballers get accurate information on who is starting over who. You have to take NFL depth charts with a grain of salt, as they are not geared towards fantasy production. Sort of like NBA "starters"... not always necessarily the five players that put up the best stats (i.e. Manu Ginobili).