[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I Hate Voting Leagues

The Wolf

...so, I've been in this dynasty since inception (2007). It's the Addicts Dynasty League. Won the championship last year, and I feel as if I am set up nicely to continue to perform well.

In our rookie draft, held right after the NFL draft concluded, I take James Davis at 2.12. Since then, one of my league mates has made me at least two dozen offers for Davis, none of which I accept. Last night, he blows me away...his three #1 picks in the next three rookie drafts for James Davis and the Giants D. Naturally, I accept. Note that I'd never make such an offer myself. Steep price to pay but he wants this player badly and made me an offer I could not refuse.

This morning, voting on the trade is 5 - 2 against.

The tools in this league kill me...there's no collusion, no cheating. Apparently they all have their crystal balls out. Who are they to say what's fair or not?

How can you have ppl who you are playing against and have a vested interest in you not improving your team voting on whether your trade goes thru?...that's rediculous.

I agree. I found the league thru the Huddle (it is NOT a BOTH...) and never realized we voted on trades til the first trade went down in 2007. My bad, but I was enjoying the league and built a nice team and did not want to let it go. Now...I am strongly considering it.

Edited by The Wolf

...so, I've been in this dynasty since inception (2007). It's the Addicts Dynasty League. Won the championship last year, and I feel as if I am set up nicely to continue to perform well.

In our rookie draft, held right after the NFL draft concluded, I take James Davis at 2.12. Since then, one of my league mates has made me at least two dozen offers for Davis, none of which I accept. Last night, he blows me away...his three #1 picks in the next three rookie drafts for James Davis and the Giants D. Naturally, I accept. Note that I'd never make such an offer myself. Steep price to pay but he wants this player badly and made me an offer I could not refuse.

This morning, voting on the trade is 5 - 2 against.

The tools in this league kill me...there's no collusion, no cheating. Apparently they all have their crystal balls out. Who are they to say what's fair or not?

I would NEVER play in a league where they vote on trades. It is so fricken stupid. My advice would be to play out this year and then bail.

If I were in a league that voted on trade, why would I EVER vote to allow one? At best it would generate a lot of back room political type deals in order to get one through. A complete waste of time and effort IMO.

I would NEVER play in a league where they vote on trades. It is so fricken stupid. My advice would be to play out this year and then bail.

Sad to say it because I love my team now and its prospects for the future, but you're absolutely right.

If I were in a league that voted on trade, why would I EVER vote to allow one? At best it would generate a lot of back room political type deals in order to get one through. A complete waste of time and effort IMO.

I understand completely. And I have never voted against one.

Playing devil's advocate here a little......what if he trades his next 3 - #1 picks to you......then HE bails 'cause it didn't work out. How do you get another owner in when he has no #1 picks to improve his team? At the very least......your commishes should insist he pay the league fees in advance to cover the next three drafts in order to even DO that trade. :wacko:

You should...you do not want some other team better than yours. Maybe the people who voted against yours realize it is a stupid rule.

I can't gun a trade because it makes some other team better than mine. If it does, it does and I have to work thru that. That's not the ethical way to play.

Playing devil's advocate here a little......what if he trades his next 3 - #1 picks to you......then HE bails 'cause it didn't work out. How do you get another owner in when he has no #1 picks to improve his team? At the very least......your commishes should insist he pay the league fees in advance to cover the next three drafts in order to even DO that trade. :wacko:

Actually, that's what we both have to do. My wife's not pleased about it, but it makes perfect sense and it is the fair thing to do!

Silliness - nothing should be vetoed outside of collusion. Only other instance where I even consider it is if an absentee team that is completely out of contention in a re-draft league makes a retarded trade with a contender late in the season - there's no reason for that.

Strange that your league allows trades involving future picks so far in advance. I can see one year in advance, but three is way too long IMO. However, if your league rules indeed allow it, then there is no justification for vetoing this trade.

What a joke. Voting on all trades? Really? Like I've said many o' times, the day I get a trade vetoed is the day I quit said league. I won't play out the week, play out the season, etc. The day you take away the power to control my own team is the day you can kiss my butt goodbye and figure out how you want to control my team for the rest of the season.

I got in a league once with my mates where 27 trades in a row got vetoed.

Agree w/ Menudo (and the masses). Play it out and then move on.

Silliness - nothing should be vetoed outside of collusion. Only other instance where I even consider it is if an absentee team that is completely out of contention in a re-draft league makes a retarded trade with a contender late in the season - there's no reason for that.

Balzac, if there is an absentee team, who is pulling the strings on that team to make a trade? I don't get it.

What a joke. Voting on all trades? Really? Like I've said many o' times, the day I get a trade vetoed is the day I quit said league. I won't play out the week, play out the season, etc. The day you take away the power to control my own team is the day you can kiss my butt goodbye and figure out how you want to control my team for the rest of the season.

I got in a league once with my mates where 27 trades in a row got vetoed.

It's getting to that point...24 hours left in voting and one more no guns the trade. That's when I walk.