[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DeAngelo

RokoMotion

the fact is that he will be sharing with 2 other RB's...

how does a guy who had 20 TD's last year have competition? :wacko:

however, carolina will be a RBBC, which is GOOD for DeAngelo....

I think you may be confused as to what a RBBC is.

The other 1 or 2 RB's will play just enough to keep DWill rested. DWill will get roughly 70-75% of the carries.

That is not a RBBC.

That is a stud #1 RB with 2 backups.

Edited by spider321

Didn't he have 4 TD's against the Giants in week 16 last year?

You are very correct. I would have lost my SB against DWill that game if I hadn't been starting Jacobs in the same game. Against a Carolina D that would probably considered a decent run D at the time as well

Beer pointed out he liked DWills schedule. I pointed out his last 6 games in the FF schedule. I don't particularly like it. But you are correct, he could still do well against it. But to consider it a good schedule, well... :wacko:

I think you may be confused as to what a RBBC is.

The other 1 or 2 RB's will play just enough to keep DWill rested. DWill will get roughly 70-75% of the carries.

That is not a RBBC.

That is a stud #1 RB with 2 backups.

Stewart had 183 attempts last year.

Williams had 274.

If the other two backs carried the ball the same amount that Stewart did last year, Williams would need to run the ball 540+ times to get 75% of the carries. I think you may be confused as to what a RBBC is. It doesn't mean Williams isn't a stud #1 either. He is, he just happens to play in a RBBC.

Edited by piratesownninjas

Stewart had 183 attempts last year.

Williams had 274.

If the other two backs carried the ball the same amount that Stewart did last year, Williams would need to run the ball 540+ times to get 75% of the carries. I think you may be confused as to what a RBBC is. It doesn't mean Williams isn't a stud #1 either. He is, he just happens to play in a RBBC.

70-75% may have been high, but DWill will get a higher percentage of the carries than he got last year.

Per your numbers DWill got 60% to JStew's 40% last season.

I don't believe JStew will be on the field very often this season anyway.

DWill will still be the unquestioned #1(more so than last year) with 2 backups. Not a RBBC.

Would you say that AP is in a RBBC?

Edited by spider321

You are very correct. I would have lost my SB against DWill that game if I hadn't been starting Jacobs in the same game. Against a Carolina D that would probably considered a decent run D at the time as well.

I started DWill and Jacobs in my league's SB that week. Plus, my opponent had Warner trying to throw in that blizzard game.

It was a SLAUGHTER!!! :wacko:

Edited by spider321

70-75% may have been high, but DWill will get a higher percentage of the carries than he got last year.

DWill will still be the unquestioned #1(more so than last year) with 2 backups. Not a RBBC.

why don't you "believe" Stewart won't be on the field much?...

based on a minor injury he had in pre-season?....and regardless, the 3rd RB looks pretty good...

and while you mentioned earlier about individual games where Stewart had 9 carries or less and DWill went off.......I'm talking about the long term effect of the games where Stewart had 10 or more and how that preserved DWill and he still had good games when Stewart had plenty of carries...

So you're saying Fox is abandoning his coaching style this season? :wacko:

There has never been a workhorse in Carolina under Fox.

based on a minor injury he had in pre-season?....and regardless, the 3rd RB looks pretty good...

and while you mentioned earlier about individual games where Stewart had 9 carries or less and DWill went off.......I'm talking about the long term effect of the games where Stewart had 10 or more and how that preserved DWill and he still had good games when Stewart had plenty of carries...

If you think Stewart's injury is just "a minor injury he had in pre-season" then maybe you should look up the guy's history.

Stewart has had chronic foot and knee injuries since he was 16 years-old.

No doubt the guy is mentally tough and he usually plays thru the pain, but i seriously question his long-term prospects in the NFL.

...and WaterMan, thanks again. You're always wrong, so I must be right on ths one.

you consider an Achilles tendon tear minor? That thing snapping could be career ending!

They're going to take one of the best 2 RB's in football off the field MORE often this year? Ummmmm, no. Carolina is going to be in a dogfight with Atlanta all season long. There is no chance they risk winning football games to get Stewart more touches. DeAngelo will get plenty of work. If he falls outside of the top 2 picks in your draft, you are getting a steal.

They're going to take one of the best 2 RB's in football off the field MORE often this year? Ummmmm, no. Carolina is going to be in a dogfight with Atlanta all season long. There is no chance they risk winning football games to get Stewart more touches. DeAngelo will get plenty of work. If he falls outside of the top 2 picks in your draft, you are getting a steal.

who said anything about taking him off the field MORE?....

it'll be about as often as it happened last year...and who is to say he'll be as productive as he was in 08?...

So you think they were just overly cautious with Stewart missing most of practice and preseason?

the amount of time he has rested has led me to my result....and if it was anything "serious"...there would have been a bigger timetable...

something like..."4-6 weeks"....which is what I expect anyways....