[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone calling any shots this opening weekend?

BS Miscreant

You do realize that you're trying to make this argument to a bunch of guys who were all watching the game and constantly seeing a sea of red shirts in the stands. We understand that it was in a different state, you needn't mention that. So, were all these people who had no affiliation to either school and just there hoping to see OU lose wearing red shirts in some sort of ironic statement?

So, I can either take your lame rationale that somehow a state line is this magical force field that prevents fans from crossing (or that I've been given the distinct impression over the years that there's a pretty strong contingent of OU fans currently living in Texas anyway).

Or I can recall rather vivid images of the stands last night packed with people wearing OU red and the fact that the announcers, on more than one occasion making a point of saying that, there were actually some BYU fans in the stands. Which would also lead one to believe that it was surprising there were any but that they were still quite outnumbered.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure BYU plays on grass as well, so you can throw that bit out.

Losing Bradford... massive. No question about it and an absolute shame. But if you refuse to admit that, while not technically a home game, it was hardly a truly neutral site, then nobody is going to take you seriously. Well, I guess that's nothing new.

Im not arguing OU had more fans than BYU.

Whats amazing the Texas/OU game, isnt considered a HFA for Texas, yet this game is considered HFA for OU. That is my point.

And grass is much softer, than turf, and whats under that turf. Which is why I mention grass. Im not arguing OU is better on grass, though their home games are played on it. Im pointing out, I dont think Bradford comes outta the game, if the playing surface is grass. Just my opinion.

Bottom line, this seasons hopes of going undefeated, winning a title are over. At best we can win the Big 12, and I am not sure that is possible now. OU clearly has some kinks to be worked out, and without Bradford for an extended period of time could hinder that from happening before the texas game. Texas and OU at best are so close that this could be the difference in that game. So no, I do not like OUs chances at all, now. And if anyone thinks Im making excuses about this game in advance, see the Who wins the NC thread. I picked Texas to beat FLA for the NC game, before last nights game.

Edited by Boomer Sooner

Not trying to stoke a fire here but let's not forget that BYU's best offensive player couldn't go last night because of a hamstring injury. :wacko:

Their best player was a 3rd yr starting senior QB. That RB on the sidelines isnt even close to as valuable as Hall the QB. you take Hall outta that game, and they dont win regardless of Bradford giong down or not. That kid was poised down the stretch, certainly more so than the OU QB in the game at the time.

OU was without their best receiving option Jermaine Gresham. But I never mentioned that And Gresham is a helluva lot better player than that RB for BYU. So lets not mention talent not in the game. Would this have even been within 2 Tds with Bradford and Gresham for 4 qtrs.

Is the OU/UT game 80% UT fans in the stadium?

HFA is playing on your home turf, where you know the nicks and crannies of the field. Play half of your games there, and the same surface over and over, with 99% of the crowd rocking. Last night, the crowd was silent the 2nd half, the surface was turf, and the stadiums 1st college game ever so there was no advantage to either team in that regard. So no, I do not think it was HFA in the least. Sorry, cant convince me otherwise. This game was moved to Arlington for 2 reasons. Money and recruiting in Texas. But that doesnt mean OU had an advantage of playing here vs in Norman where the game was originally scheduled to be a Sooner home game. IMO, this economic climate had alot to do with the teams initial desire to move the game. Recruiting is icing on the cake. Both schools benefit from recruiting, BYU more now after winning, than they would have had they not played here in Texas in the first place.

Not sure how many BYU fans were at the game...but I did see many of the 36 married BYU player's wives in the crowd cheering on their hubby's to victory. 36 married players = at least 48 wives potentially making the trip!

48 wives per person. hell maybe we were outnumbered now that I think of it. :wacko:

Their best player was a 3rd yr starting senior QB. That RB on the sidelines isnt even close to as valuable as Hall the QB. you take Hall outta that game, and they dont win regardless of Bradford giong down or not. That kid was poised down the stretch, certainly more so than the OU QB in the game at the time.

OU was without their best receiving option Jermaine Gresham. But I never mentioned that And Gresham is a helluva lot better player than that RB for BYU. So lets not mention talent not in the game. Would this have even been within 2 Tds with Bradford and Gresham for 4 qtrs.

You're right Max Hall is the most important guy on BYU's offense, but Unga is a beast and would have done some damage to OU's interior defense and wore them down. I have always thought that Hall never got the pub that he deserved. He is a very good QB. Would it had been a different game with Bradford for 4 quarters? Can't answer that for sure but what I can say is that with Bradford in the game ,Oklahoma was not doing any better?

Your argument is the same I make every year when OU comes to Dallas, and plays Texas, in Texas. IMO, that is home field advantage for Texas, but every year I hear its a neutral site. At least tonight, the game wasnt in the same state as the school, so I wouldnt say its HFA.

HFA is playing on your home turf, where you know the nicks and crannies of the field. Play half of your games there, and the same surface over and over, with 99% of the crowd rocking.

So, Sarge, which is it? Does UT play half it's games in Dallas or wherever that game is played? Do they know the "nicks and crannies" any better than OU? Are 99% of the fans from UT? Just curious...

Why does anyone bother arguing with this idiot at all? He's been banned like four times and has to keep coming up with new ways to sneak in.

For someone calling out others for conversing with me, you sure follow me around and post afterward a lot.

And banned members have banned IP address. Get your facts straight in the future.

Id expect you to never respond to me again after this post. So follow your own advice. Unless you cant.... :wacko:

For someone calling out others for conversing with me, you sure follow me around and post afterward a lot.

And banned members have banned IP address. Get your facts straight in the future.

Id expect you to never respond to me again after this post. So follow your own advice. Unless you cant.... :wacko:

So why the name change?

And rather then beat your chest whenever someone calls you on your antics, wouldn't it be easier to simply make a point now and then or at least back one of your points up? You've got a fine opportunity to right the ship by answering my very simple question above. Either that or you've just wasted a bunch of time trying to reinvent yourself with a new name.

So, Sarge, which is it? Does UT play half it's games in Dallas or wherever that game is played? Do they know the "nicks and crannies" any better than OU? Are 99% of the fans from UT? Just curious...

We are combining 2 pts together. I do not think OU had any advantage vs BYU. I do however think Texas has a slight advantage over OU in Dallas. Play the game in Okla City, and I think OU has a slight advantage over Texas.

First the game was in Arlington, a brand new stadium. It wasnt in Oklahoma, it was in texas. So I do not see how playing BYU in another state in a brand new stadium as HFA for OU. Sorry, you wont ever convince me of this. And after Bradford went down, the crowd was in shock the rest of the game. And if you think OU or BYU wouldnt feel more at home at their own stadium than a neutral site in another state, you are nuts. So there is an advantage of playing in Norman, rather than Arlington. To even argue this is insane. Stoops is what 62-2 at home, and 5-5 in Dallas after this game. 5-4 vs Texas, and 0-1 vs BYU.

There is an advantage playing in your state, than crossing state lines in enemy territory. Ask Mack brown if he would rather play in Dallas or Okla City. Ask Bob Stoops the same thing, and both would say they would rather play in their home state.

Ive made more points in this forum than the rest of you criticizng me combined. So save the BS, I never make a point. Some of you idiots argue both sides in different threads to mesh with whatever fits your agenda. I make no bones Im a Sooner fan, win or lose. Im not making excuses for their loss, the OL let the team, QB, and RBs down all night. That is on the OL, its not excuse.

I happen to like the new name. Surprised I didnt think of it sooner. Im clearly not attempting to be someone else. I use another name in league forums. Its my choice. Dont like it, tough......

My problem is I respond to trash like this, when everything I listed above is common sense.

We are combining 2 pts together. I do not think OU had any advantage vs BYU. I do however think Texas has a slight advantage over OU in Dallas. Play the game in Okla City, and I think OU has a slight advantage over Texas.

First the game was in Arlington, a brand new stadium. It wasnt in Oklahoma, it was in texas. So I do not see how playing BYU in another state in a brand new stadium as HFA for OU. Sorry, you wont ever convince me of this. And after Bradford went down, the crowd was in shock the rest of the game. And if you think OU or BYU wouldnt feel more at home at their own stadium than a neutral site in another state, you are nuts. So there is an advantage of playing in Norman, rather than Arlington. To even argue this is insane. Stoops is what 62-2 at home, and 5-5 in Dallas after this game. 5-4 vs Texas, and 0-1 vs BYU.

There is an advantage playing in your state, than crossing state lines in enemy territory. Ask Mack brown if he would rather play in Dallas or Okla City. Ask Bob Stoops the same thing, and both would say they would rather play in their home state.

Ive made more points in this forum than the rest of you criticizng me combined. So save the BS, I never make a point. Some of you idiots argue both sides in different threads to mesh with whatever fits your agenda. I make no bones Im a Sooner fan, win or lose. Im not making excuses for their loss, the OL let the team, QB, and RBs down all night. That is on the OL, its not excuse.

I happen to like the new name. Surprised I didnt think of it sooner. Im clearly not attempting to be someone else. I use another name in league forums. Its my choice. Dont like it, tough......

My problem is I respond to trash like this, when everything I listed above is common sense.

Dude, we're not combining two points, I'm quoting you explain what HFA is twice in the same thread, each time saying something different in a manner that just happens to conveniently work for your side.

So, let's put this another way. According to Google Maps: Norman, OK to Dallas, TX 188 miles, 3 hours drive. Austin, TX to Dallas, TX 196 miles, 3 hours 6 minutes. Sounds like there's a pretty good reason they picked that spot to play the game. How convenient they could find a major city that's exactly freaking in the middle of those two rivals. But that, according to you, is most certainly a home game for UT, despite the fact that it doesn't at all fit the second version of HFA which you used to explain why Dallas TX, which is a 20 hour drive from Provo, was a neutral site.

No kidding Stoops would rather play the UT game in OK City, it's a 20 minute drive from Norman! Big freaking difference than driving 3 hours from Austin to Dallas.

So, again, make a point. Saying one thing when that fits your "argument" and then the exact opposite when it doesn't is not making a point.

:wacko::D:D

Dude, we're not combining two points, I'm quoting you explain what HFA is twice in the same thread, each time saying something different in a manner that just happens to conveniently work for your side.

So, let's put this another way. According to Google Maps: Norman, OK to Dallas, TX 188 miles, 3 hours drive. Austin, TX to Dallas, TX 196 miles, 3 hours 6 minutes. Sounds like there's a pretty good reason they picked that spot to play the game. How convenient they could find a major city that's exactly freaking in the middle of those two rivals. But that, according to you, is most certainly a home game for UT, despite the fact that it doesn't at all fit the second version of HFA which you used to explain why Dallas TX, which is a 20 hour drive from Provo, was a neutral site.

No kidding Stoops would rather play the UT game in OK City, it's a 20 minute drive from Norman! Big freaking difference than driving 3 hours from Austin to Dallas.

So, again, make a point. Saying one thing when that fits your "argument" and then the exact opposite when it doesn't is not making a point.

could you really be this clueless.

Playing Texas in Texas is an advantage for Texas, and its certainly in their home state. PERIOD... to argue is ignorance.

Playing BYU in Texas, is a neutral site is not HFA for OU.

I still say its HFA for Texas to play in its own state.

And it certainly isnt HFA for OU to play BYU in Arlington Texas. And I do not even consider it an advantage for OU playing BYU here, but that point could be argued I suppose, because of the distance, but both teams are traveling several hours either way. An advantage is a far cry from HFA. This isnt USC playing the Rose Bowl at its home stadium. there is nothing neutral about that. OU playing BYU in Arlington is a neutral site game.

This is all Im saying, period. end of story. And what are we really arguing. Im not making excuses for OU, I already said their OL let them down. end of story there as well.

And this whole argument started when I corrected Prof saying BYU beats Oklahoma in Oklahoma, when the game was played in Arlington Texas. Then you tools to his rescue and you are just as wrong as he was.

So this on and on crap is a joke. Ive made my argument.

Edited by Boomer Sooner

Im not saying its HFA for Texas to play in Dallas. Im saying its an advantage for Texas.

You're not?

Your argument is the same I make every year when OU comes to Dallas, and plays Texas, in Texas. IMO, that is home field advantage for Texas, but every year I hear its a neutral site. At least tonight, the game wasnt in the same state as the school, so I wouldnt say its HFA.

:wacko:

you see what I wrote. Like I said Im done with this.

Prof said the game was in Oklahoma, then said the RB was the best player, only to correct himself later.

Then you come trying to twist crap around and bring nothing to the table here. Seriouisly, you try and stir the pot and nothing else. And question me for not bringing anything to this forum. When I wasnt hear 3 yrs back, this forum was dead. If you disappear, no one will even notice. Try me and prove me wrong. :wacko:

you see what I wrote. Like I said Im done with this.

Prof said the game was in Oklahoma, then said the RB was the best player, only to correct himself later.

Then you come trying to twist crap around and bring nothing to the table here. Seriouisly, you try and stir the pot and nothing else. And question me for not bringing anything to this forum. When I wasnt hear 3 yrs back, this forum was dead. If you disappear, no one will even notice. Try me and prove me wrong. :wacko:

Twist crap around? How is asking you to be consistent in what you say, within the same freaking thread, no less, "twisting crap around"?

OK, how 'bout this. Let's just say that playing a game at a site that is exactly equidistant from the two schools was, in fact, an advantage for UT. Why in the hell has OU done it for 100 years? Why not just go home and home? Could it be that OU and it's fans just want a built in excuse in case they lose?

Edited by detlef