[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Surprise Cuts

Crazysight

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyree wasn't much of a suprise, that's been the thought pretty much all pre-season that he'd be let go.

Rhodes was definitely a bit more of a surprise, especially given Lynch's early season suspension.

In a non shocking move it looks like Joey Harrington's brief New Orleans career has come to a close

Superbowl hero David Tyree has been cut by the Giants. Another one that surprised me (though thrilled me as a Fred Jackson owner headed into week 1) was Buffalo cutting Dominic Rhodes, who was listed 3rd on the depth chart behind Lynch and Jackson.

I was surprised by Rhodes as well. They have been happy with Xaiver Omon and Brad Hall, in that order if you're running to the waiver wire. Hall is a PS candidate.

Also look for James Hardy to go on PUP today. Educated guess there.

I am a little surprised that Miami cut Brandon London over Robinson, but they did draft two rookie wides this year and I don't believe that London was a very good special teams player. James Robinson might have also been cut - not sure.

Miami wides now like like this...

Ginn, Camarillo, Bess, Turner, Hartline (and Robinson?)

In a non shocking move it looks like Joey Harrington's brief New Orleans career has come to a close

And in a shocking move: Joey Harrington playing in the NFL since 02.

I don't fault Ted Thompson for making the pick at that time, but I'm glad to see that guy go. Have you been able to find anything on the Packers cuts?

No GBP info that I have seen yet. HOU moves (from KFFL) below:

Texans | Announce roster moves

Sat, 05 Sep 2009 14:04:36 -0700

HoustonTexans.com reports the Houston Texans have released QB Alex Brink, LB Buster Davis, FB Jonathan Evans, RB Arian Foster, TE Clark Harris, FS Brandon Harrison, C Brett Helms, DE Tim Jamison, WR Darnell Jenkins, OG Adrian Jones, DT Josh Leonard, DE Jesse Nading, Deltha O'Neal, CB Mark Parson, CB Matterral Richardson, WR Mark Simmons, OT Adam Stenavich, OT Brandon Torrey and OT Cliff Washburn. The Texans have also waived injured CB A.J. Davis (undisclosed) and LB Toddrick Verdell (shoulder).

I don't fault Ted Thompson for making the pick at that time, but I'm glad to see that guy go. Have you been able to find anything on the Packers cuts?

Not announced yet, but some coming piecemeal from agents, another one was Lumpkin was cut

and Packers have traded T Tony Moll to the Baltimore Ravens for DB Derrick Martin.

From Tom Pelissero:

Since this post is getting long, here's a roundup of what we know. I'll update this as we go, and check for more detail below. The Packers entered the weekend needing to trim 22 players from the roster by 5 p.m. today.

Will be cut: DL Dean Muhtadi, T Dane Randolph, DE Ronald Talley, CB Trevor Ford, LB Cyril Obiozor.

Reportedly will be cut: QB Brian Brohm, RB Kregg Lumpkin.

Trade: The Packers acquired CB Derrick Martin from the Ravens for OL Tony Moll.

UPDATE, 4:10 p.m.: A source tells Rob that the Packers may be keeping all three fullbacks for the time being. At this point, it sounds like RB DeShawn Wynn is in as well, but there's still 50 minutes to the deadline for things to change. We've heard nothing yet on RB Tyrell Sutton.

UPDATE, 4:15 p.m.: It's official: The Packers have cut QB Brian Brohm. A source says he just got the word.

Trading Moll for a decent reserve DB seems like a pretty good deal. Better than just cutting him.

Edited by budlitebrad

Not announced yet, but some coming piecemeal from agents, another one was Lumpkin was cut

and Packers have traded T Tony Moll to the Baltimore Ravens for DB Derrick Martin.

Any Raven homers or IDP geeks got anything on Derrick Martin for me?

And I think Wynn and Tyrell Sutton make the team. That little guy is electric.

From 49ers.com

The San Francisco 49ers today announced they have waived 20 players. All NFL teams must trim their rosters to 53 players by 6:00pm EST today.

Vikings released McCauley and Booty.

http://blogs.twincities.com/Vikings/

From Darin Gantt on Panthers cuts.

"Deadline's 6 p.m. EST. And Panthers will drag it out as far past that time as they can. "

This may apply to the Browns cuts too.

Edited by Randall

The Ravens released veterans Yamon Figurs, Justin Harper and Jayson Foster and rookie Eron Riley, leaving the team with just four wide receivers on its roster. (from NFL.com)

The second blow to Opie in our signature bet on who will produce more FF points this year DHB or Eron Riley (First blow being the unretiring of Derek Mason)

Looks like Hartline, Meredith, and Sutton are all cut for the Pack. I'm sure Sutton will be on the practice squad if he clears waivers.

I don't get keeping all the FBs and cutting Sutton.

The Fullbacks are special teams monsters. While I like Sutton, I'd rather have serious special teams contrinutors than a 4th RB. I'm surprised that Jamon Meredith was cut. I guess we can revisit the packers draft thread with all the Meredeth hate/love now. :D

Pat Lee and Justin Harrell put on IR.

:wacko: So Lee is now 2-2 on IR. And I've been optimistic on Harrell all the way til now. Cut him. He's never going to be right. What could they possibly be waiting for with him? Unless he can have the first ever back replacement he won't do a thing for this team except cause headaches.