[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Richard Seymour to the Raiders

piratesownninjas

laughable.

Seymour cost them a 1st, and they got Greg Ellis for free, who is about where Seymour will be in 2011 when they have to give up that pick.

Another way of lookin at this is maybe Belicheat knows the NFL is sniffing around again at something, and wants to load up on draft picks in case they lose another one. :wacko:

ugh. What are the Raiders thinking? Do they think that they are anywhere close to the point where Seymour will be an impact player when they are able to contend for a title?

They're pretty desperate to stop the run but I'd rather get a Grady Jackson or some fat guy off the street.

laughable.

Seymour cost them a 1st, and they got Greg Ellis for free, who is about where Seymour will be in 2011 when they have to give up that pick.

Another way of lookin at this is maybe Belicheat knows the NFL is sniffing around again at something, and wants to load up on draft picks in case they lose another one. :wacko:

Raiders just wanted to blow that pesky 1st round pick that was in the way of the those illustrious 13 and 14 round picks they so love an behold.

I swear, Al Davis just needs to sell the team because he is going to make the team so decimated that once he's gone, they won't even be able to compete at the collegiate level.

I don't know what the lovefest is between New England and Oakland. This sounds like a pretty good investment for the Pats though.

I think Oakland is the "first round pick" farm team for New England...... Al Davis is a moran that just wants to be in the presence of Belichick's jock..... :D:wacko:

Edited by Big Dogs

My biggest problem with this whole trade isn't that we got robbed on the trade itself; most Raider fans are used to this happening.

My issue is that we're going to get robbed even more when we re-sign the dolt for a $50 million, five year contract.

If I'm not mistaken, (cue Big John):

With the addition of Seymour and his current contract (Scheduled to make around 9mil I believe) - the Raiders will be the only team in the NFL with four players making $9Million or more this season. (Asomugha, Gallery, Russell, Seymour).

Only the Cardinals have three players making 9+ (Fitz, Dansby, Warner), and all other teams have two or less.

Mind you, the Cardinals players deserve their money - Gallery and Russell however...

It really is just a pitiful joke.

:wacko:

Edited by kpholmes

Seymour has decided he isn't showing until the Raiders re-sign him long term or at the least agree not to franchise him this offseason.

What a crappy situation. If we don't franchise him, we pay a first rounder for him to walk after a season. If we re-sign him, we over pay him like every other oil and vinegar on our team (minus Nnamdi). My guess... 5 years, $50 Mil.

What a joke of a situation. What a joke of a team. :wacko:

As a Pats fan, I love Seymour but I'm happy to see that someone else was willing to take on this impending contract-headache . . . why it was a team with no shot at contending this year, I have no idea . . .

"Aaron Wilson, of the National Football Post, reports there is no resolution in sight as Oakland Raiders DE Richard Seymour still has not reported to the team after getting traded from the New England Post. A source close to Seymour said Seymour is extremely disappointed at the trade. Raiders head coach Tom Cable remains optimistic that Seymour will eventually show up."

Raider fans may want to plan to take paper bags to their games for some time. After giving up a first round pick for Seymour it should be the Raiders and their fans who are "extremely disappointed" at the trade.

now, I would assume the raiders can reverse the trade if he doesn't show up?

I believe the only thing that could over turn the trade is Seymour failing a physical.

Per Jerry McDonald: "If he passes a physical and decides to sit out, the Raiders put him on a non-football list, meaning no paycheck and he can’t play anywhere. Then, in 2010, his 09 contract would kick in. In 2011, he would be a FA."