[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shawn Merriman arrested for battery

budlitebrad

:D

The days prior to the 2008 regular-season opener were dominated by discussion regarding whether Chargers linebacker Shawne Merriman would be able to play due to a torn PCL.

This year, the question is whether Merriman will be able to play after allegedly assaulting a D-level television celebrity named Tila Tequila.

Merriman allegedly "choked and physically restrained" Tequila as she tried to leave his San Diego residence.

He was taken into custody at 3:45 p.m. local time and charged with battery and false imprisonment. Tequila was taken to a local hospital for treatment.

Lights out for Tila Tequila :wacko:

:wacko:

AJ has been after Michael Bush for some time now but doesn't want to over pay....

If he's just going to let Merriman walk anyways, he might as well shop him. And if anyone is going to bite on a physically gifted athlete in spite of other issues, it's Al. I could see the Raiders doing something stupid like Bush+2nd for Merriman, and then resigning him for five years at 10mil a year...

Celeb girlfriends don't seem to work out so well for some of these athletes.

For celebs, any news is good news as long as they are in the news.

For NFL players.. not so much. No news is good news.

And this particular internet celeb is known to be a headcase. She's a friggin stripper.

Merriman should just tap it and run. Don't bring her home.

I agree that this is probably what eliminates the chance of him being re-signed by the Chargers.

fighting dogs=2 years in jail

shooting yourself=2 years in jail

running over someone while drunk=les than a month in jail hmmmmm

judging by this i'd say merriman gets life

My bet would be on suspended sentence, probation, community service, anger management, or some combination of the 4. This is for what the courts hand down. From Goodall, I say 4-6 games. His roids suspension was 2 years ago and wasn't an off the field incident.

I'm willing to bet he didn't do half of what is being reported.

A beat reporter (Acee) for the Chargers said witnesses at Merriman's said he was trying to stop her from leaving his house drunk, thus the physically restraining charge.

Didn't mention the choking side of things. She went to the hospital for injuries, so probably not getting out of that charge.

A beat reporter (Acee) for the Chargers said witnesses at Merriman's said he was trying to stop her from leaving his house drunk, thus the physically restraining charge.

Didn't mention the choking side of things. She went to the hospital for injuries, so probably not getting out of that charge.

So who was drunk? He or her? If she's drunk and trying to leave then someone give him a medal or a pat on the back. If it was anyone else other that Tila Tequilla I may by the story. I just don't trust her. She's made a career out of being in any kind of spotlight. I just have a gut feeling this is another attempt to get her name back in the news.

So who was drunk? He or her? If she's drunk and trying to leave then someone give him a medal or a pat on the back. If it was anyone else other that Tila Tequilla I may by the story. I just don't trust her. She's made a career out of being in any kind of spotlight. I just have a gut feeling this is another attempt to get her name back in the news.

She picked a good person to fake it against. A drunk roider.

Jan Caldwell, a spokeswoman for the Sheriff's Department, said there were several other people at the home at the time of the alleged assault and investigators have questioned them.

“She was not seriously hurt,” Caldwell said. “She was able to talk. She was able to walk. She was mobile. She did not have any serious injuries that our deputies saw.”

Caldwell said the couple had been at a nightclub earlier in the evening and Tequila was intoxicated when deputies arrived. Caldwell did not know if Merriman had been drinking.

The popular Gaslamp hotspot Stingaree released a statement through J Public Relations: “Shawne Merriman and Tila Tequila arrived at Stingaree on Saturday evening together and joined a birthday celebration with friends already going on in the Penthouse. Merriman and Tequila stayed until closing in the early hours of Sunday morning. They seemed in good spirits throughout the evening and were enjoying themselves. There was no outward indication of any problem between the two of them.”

Although Tequila was allegedly restrained by Merriman, Caldwell said she was able to get to a phone and call 911.

Detectives were continuing their investigation, Caldwell said, and the District Attorney's Office would decide later if any formal charges would be filed.

San Diego Union Tribune

I was listening to the latest on the local news here, and I'm thinking this incident has been blown WAY out of proportion. A policewoman spoke on camera and stated she saw no obvious injuries on Tila. One reporter said a witness saw Merriman trying to talk her out of driving while intoxicated. This may be a case of a drunk publicity-hungry actress trying to grab a headline.