[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think I blew it in my WCOFF draft last night

mroban

Well not that bad, but could have been spectacular if I didnt throw up on myself. WCOFF is pure PPR.

1. Drafted 11th and got Gore at the 11th pick which was great value and I got Calvin Johnson on the way back. So far not bad.

2. Took Ryan Grant in the 3rd (best 2nd tier RB left) and decided to go with the best PPR TE Jason Witten instead of a lower 2nd tier WR (big WR run early). This is where things go dicey because now Im chasing WRs.

3. Was left with L. Coles at WR in round 5 and took...Donovan McNabb with my 6th pick. Top 4 QBs were off the board at this point. I could have a. taken Warner or b. waited a few more rounds and taken a QB in round 8 instead (the 12th pick had Brady and I knew I could wait coming back for a QB). turns out Romo lasted until round 9. Also Ryan was there too. Not taking Warner could come back to bite me (NOTE: I have Warner in my other league and didnt want to put all my eggs in that basket. Also, part of the appeal of Warner is his great schedule 14-16 but in WCOFF you have to get through week 11-13 to have a shot at being there. No foregone conclusion. McNabb is usually hot first half of the season and in WCOFF that seems to be important...im a WCOFF rookie, so we will see.

Okay, not so bad though. But here were a few other gaffs:

4. I got Julius Jones in round 9 as my 3rd RB and took Jamaal Charles coming back for RB4/Flex. BUT for some reason I passed on D. Ward for my 4th RB. Ouch. I was thinking "stay away from TB RBs this year" but now am worried I made a huge mistake. If Ward has a huge year im going to want to kill myself. Not like Jones and Charles are sure things. Charles should be decent in a PPR as a flex though.

5. Again, the WRs are going fast and furious and I only have 2. And I didnt exactly stock up on all the best RBs either. Then someone snaked Glenn Coffee, so I have no handcuff for Gore. Ouch. I end up with Ted Ginn, Jr. after the next run takes all the guys I wanted. I grabbed Breaston coming back which was good. So My WRs are C. Johnson, L. Coles, Ginn, Breaston. Fairly uninspiring.

I do have a stud TE in Witten, stud RB in Gore (although Ive never been a huge fan), solid RB2 in Grant and some upside at Flex/RB3. But alot is riding on McNab and some consistency at WR.

I could have done alot better late too, but accidentally timed out and grabbed a kicker in Rd18 instead of grabbing Stuckey or Engram or Stokely. Then realized it was a kicker I didnt want so I took Kaeding with my last pick (and it turns out they have the same bye week). Im awesome. Ugh.

Im not that happy.

QB: McNabb, Vick, Flacco

RB: F. Gore, Grant, J. Jones, J. Charles, Rashard Jennings, Buckhalter

WR: C. Johnson, L. Coles, Breaston, Ginn, D. Henderson, Steve Smith (NYG)

TE: Witten, Sciafe

K: Kaeding, Mason Crosby

DT: Vikings

Still, I looked at the other rosters and think my team is okay compared to the others and might do some damage, particularly if DMac is studly again (and he certainly has the weapons). Why do I have this horrible feeling that Michael Vick is going to be relied on in some way later in the season?

I am also in the WCOFF draft, rookie myself. I am the reverse of you. I have stud wrs but thin at RB. Here's my team...which I love by the way:

QB - Romo, Sanchez

RB - Ray Rice, Leon Washington, Chester Taylor, Jamaal Charles

WR - Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Anquan Boldin, TJ Housh, Chris Henry, Jeremy Maclin, Steve Breaston, Robert Meachem

TE - Owen Daniels, Jermichael Finnley

K - Jason Elam, Ryan Longwell]

D - Raven, Bears

I am also in the WCOFF draft, rookie myself. I am the reverse of you. I have stud wrs but thin at RB. Here's my team...which I love by the way:

QB - Romo, Sanchez

RB - Ray Rice, Leon Washington, Chester Taylor, Jamaal Charles

WR - Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Anquan Boldin, TJ Housh, Chris Henry, Jeremy Maclin, Steve Breaston, Robert Meachem

TE - Owen Daniels, Jermichael Finnley

K - Jason Elam, Ryan Longwell]

D - Raven, Bears

damn! look a those WRs, did you take WR 4 out of the first 5 rounds?? nice squad, RBs are a tad weak, but not too bad if certain starters go down!

be sure to grab the stud WR that emerges week 1, and McNabb will be servicable until he gets hurt... you're ok... good TE-K-Def.

I take it this is a satellite league and not the main event, if so, my team is going to be really pissed when they show up next week in Vegas to find out that the draft already happened. :wacko:

Its the World Championship of ONLINE Fantasy Football. Not the Main Event. Its the ONLINE event which means we do everything online. the Main Event is live in Vegas so your team is safe my friend.

Main Event looks like a blast, I might do it next year.

be sure to grab the stud WR that emerges week 1, and McNabb will be servicable until he gets hurt... you're ok... good TE-K-Def.

Fantastic news emerging on the site today too that its Andre Caldwell and NOT Laveraneus Coles that will be taking the TJ Housh role. Naturally I drafted Coles figuring he was the new TJ Hous in Cincy (and thinking that TJ Housh was the new Deion Branch in Seattle or whatever).

:wacko:

Link?

Just go to the Huddle News link on the front page here. Might be a bit misleading though - if Caldwell is in the 3rd down package as a slot receiver it doesnt mean he has the TJ Housh role - Housh was a huge factor on 3rd downs for sure but was an every down, every package WR. Seems to me knowing the Bengals offense a bit that Henry will be the third WR in 3 WR sets but will be replaced by Caldwell on 3rd downs as a slot receiver.

I havent seen anything in camp that suggests that Coles had a poor camp. So maybe this is a bit of an overreaction.

Coles, Ginn and even Steve Smith (NYG) should be productive. perhaps Breaston will get a lucky...break. I hate trading on others misfortune but if Boldin was say, traded, it would be very very good for Breaston. Given the season is about to start that doesnt seem to be particularly likely.

Just go to the Huddle News link on the front page here. Might be a bit misleading though - if Caldwell is in the 3rd down package as a slot receiver it doesnt mean he has the TJ Housh role - Housh was a huge factor on 3rd downs for sure but was an every down, every package WR. Seems to me knowing the Bengals offense a bit that Henry will be the third WR in 3 WR sets but will be replaced by Caldwell on 3rd downs as a slot receiver.

I havent seen anything in camp that suggests that Coles had a poor camp. So maybe this is a bit of an overreaction.

Coles, Ginn and even Steve Smith (NYG) should be productive. perhaps Breaston will get a lucky...break. I hate trading on others misfortune but if Boldin was say, traded, it would be very very good for Breaston. Given the season is about to start that doesnt seem to be particularly likely.

thanks for the info, but yeah...that does'nt say that "Caldwell's taking over the Housh role".

In retrospect, would it have been better to take a WR in the 3rd round (since there was a run on them), a RB in the 4th round instead of Witten, and then grabbing your TE in the 5th round?

Edited by Chargerz

How in the heck do you guys get AJ and CJ tandems in the freaking WCOFF is beyond me.

In all my drafts combined no person could have got that combo because niether ever falls far enough not even close to far enough.

WCOFF

AJ - 9, CJ 12

AJ- 7, CJ 13

AJ - 9, CJ 11

NFFC (12 teams)

AJ - 6, CJ 11

AJ - 8, CJ 9

ZERO CHANCE that happens in any of my leagues.

I had the 12/13 in the one where AJ/CJ went 8/9 and I was begging for just 1 of them to fall to me both would have just been a dream instead my draft turned into a nightmare after they both got picked.

In retrospect, would it have been better to take a WR in the 3rd round (since there was a run on them), a RB in the 4th round instead of Witten, and then grabbing your TE in the 5th round?

Hmm. Well then I would have passed on Grant (who I think is going to have a great season). I would have been looking at (for WRs) Chad Ochocinco, Roy Williams, Vincent Jackson and Braylon Edwards. Other than Ochocinco (who I just couldnt stand to actually draft in the 3rd round) those guys seemed real reaches for round 3. Taking Grant was the right thing to do for sure. The guy drafting 12th then took McFadden and Pierre Thomas. So unlikely that I get Grant coming back around. So the same group of WRs were available at the 4th pick. Lets say I take Ochocinco in the 4th (better), I would have gotten Greg Olsen or Dallas Clark in the 5th. I took L. Coles over Santonio Holmes and Antonio Bryant (I have Coles rated fairly high in a PPR).

So basically you have to ask if you would rather have Grant-Witten-Coles or Grant-Ochocinco-Olsen (or Clark). Hmm, 2nd option probably a little bit better (comes down really to Ochocinco v. Coles). But perhaps its splitting hairs? In a PPR Witten is pure fantasy gold.

How in the heck do you guys get AJ and CJ tandems in the freaking WCOFF is beyond me.

In all my drafts combined no person could have got that combo because niether ever falls far enough not even close to far enough.

WCOFF

AJ - 9, CJ 12

AJ- 7, CJ 13

AJ - 9, CJ 11

NFFC (12 teams)

AJ - 6, CJ 11

AJ - 8, CJ 9

ZERO CHANCE that happens in any of my leagues.

I had the 12/13 in the one where AJ/CJ went 8/9 and I was begging for just 1 of them to fall to me both would have just been a dream instead my draft turned into a nightmare after they both got picked.

I didnt get that combo. AJ went 9th. Moss went 10th. I took Gore 11th and held my breath for CJ and was thrilled to see 12 go to Tom Brady and 13 go to Michael Turner. whew.

If AJ fell to me though I would have definitely gone AJ/CJ.

Just go to the Huddle News link on the front page here.

I would but I havent been able to log in to the huddle in 5 days . Good thing their crack IT staff is on the case. I am drafting tonight off of old cheat sheets because I cant access the ones I paid for.

Edited by whomper

I would but I havent been able to log in to the huddle in 5 days . Good thing their crack IT staff is on the case. I am drafting tonight off of old cheat sheets because I cant access the ones I paid for.

Whomp...I can scan and email to you if you want...PM me with what you need and I'll do it as soon as I get into the office. I have a draft tonight also...good luck buddy!

Whomper give customer service a call and tell them to email you PDFs. If you are a paying customer they should do that for you. If not I am glad to do that for you too. Not a problem buddy.

Edited by mroban

Whomp...I can scan and email to you if you want...PM me with what you need and I'll do it as soon as I get into the office. I have a draft tonight also...good luck buddy!

Whomper give customer service a call and tell them to email you PDFs. If you are a paying customer they should do that for you. If not I am glad to do that for you too. Not a problem buddy.

I appreciate it. I am able to log in at work so I am OK for tonight. I just have to get it figured out at home. Sorry for the thread hijack . I was just steaming about it over the weekend.