[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

USC vs OSU

sacosud

I live in Columbus and have to say most people I have been speaking too are not feeling very good about OSU's chances. I also know some of those same people will start having hope by Thursday. I'm a huge OSU fan, however trying not to look at this years team with scarlet and gray glasses.

What I learned from the Navy game????

I did not learn much to be honest. Navy took very small o-line(average 263) and used huge splits against our d-line. I think this really caused havoc for our line and it's hard to say how good the d-line is against that. I expect a better performance against a bigger USC line. I was not impressed with the defensive backs decisions and was hoping they would be better in coverage. The bomb "td" by Navy late was a blown coverage, however they should have caught him. I also felt OSU linebackers did not appear to be in the same class as years past. I'm still feeling that the option offense affected some of that and making it difficult to judge.

The running game did not impress me, but Dan "Boom" Herron is very good back and will get better as the year goes, however he does not remind me of a back that can wear a USC defense down and he will need to be spelled by Brandon Saine who I don't really think is a good back. I think Saine can be good in spurts, however not dangerous and very suspect.

Pryor is a great player and seeps talent all over the place. I still think his decision making process is suspect and my prediction is he will revert at some point to the tuck and run method. I don't think he will revert next week though. I do think Pryor and Tress have something to prove and they will attempt to throw against USC to prove that point. USC will want Pryor to pass and OSU should fall right into that trap.

The loss of Ray Small hurts OSU vs USC. I don't see a wr that can strech the USC defense and that is going to hurt. Small also was a huge player in the special teams and just raw talent(speed) D. Sanszenbacher is a good possesion receiver and finds holes, but not someone that can be a game breaker. Taurian Washington could be a sleeper,but OSU needs a Possey or Duron Carter(Chris Carter's son) too step up. I do not think either of them are ready for a game like USC is going to bring. The O-line better get more motivated than what they showed against Navy.

I'm currently watching the USC game and will have some comments about USC. I have watched the first half and I can say they look real good and I feel at this point that OSU could be in real trouble next week. You can pack 100,000 plus in a stadium and scream all you want, BUT players still have to play. I love OSU and I'm proud to be Buckeye. I hope I'm sooooo very wrong on everything. I hope the "wacky" Navy approach made it look worse than it was and USC comes in here thinking they just have to show up.

OSU needs to come out and have a fast start to have a chance. I just don't see it and I see a long night overall. I'm really hoping for a respectable showing and best case upset!!!!

GO BUCKS!!!!!

Sac,

I too am an Ohio boy and a hugh Buckeye fan however I have to be realistic. Plain and simple, OSU just does not have the horses to hang with the talent that USC does. I hope that they make it interesting but I think it's more likely SC wins by 17 or more points. They just have better players.

Am I the only one that thought OSUwas playing possum a bit and not running but a fraction of their offense against Navy? Perhaps that comeback by Navy might serve as a bit of a wakeup call as well.

I will continue with my prediction I have with all USC games vs non conference opponents (Big Ten or otherwise) which is simply, until someone besides Vince Young can prove they can't be thumped, then I predict a USC thumping.

It's hard to argue against this logic.

mismatch - USC will dominate the Bucks

they will get tested and be in a dogfight @CAL and Oregon and dat is about it

Not the Oregon team that played against Boise. Boise looked good but SC will beat that Oregon team like a drum.

Now if you add a St. to the end of that Oregon I would listen.

Not the Oregon team that played against Boise. Boise looked good but SC will beat that Oregon team like a drum.

Now if you add a St. to the end of that Oregon I would listen.

right.............................. because week 1 always translates to the rest of the season and Oregon isn't a tough out at home, and doesn't have the talent to right the ship

Autzen is simply one of the toughest places in the country to for road teams to come out with a W - they will give SC a battle - count on it

right.............................. because week 1 always translates to the rest of the season and Oregon isn't a tough out at home, and doesn't have the talent to right the ship

Autzen is simply one of the toughest places in the country to for road teams to come out with a W - they will give SC a battle - count on it

I'm just sayin their offense has a loong way to go.... and what else do we really have to base it on beside what we've seen so far. Massouli (sp?) has some work to do and no Blount will cost them.

Listen to radio here and no one is thinking the Bucks have a shot and most people are really down on the Navy game.

Two homer 1460 "the fan" radio guys both think it will be maybe over 3 touchdowns and Craig Krenzal has USC by 17!!!

I'm thinking over 20 is about right, maybe this mojo will work in OSU favor. I have to look for something.

USC is LOADED and Mayes is maybe the best pro prospect I have seen at his position, just nasty!!! They get their center back and the defense is the key for that team!!! The offense is loaded at rb and the wr's are better than OSU. I just can't see our line holding them out.

Matt Barkley has that look, but I'm hoping he can be rattled. I doubt it though.

Listen to radio here and no one is thinking the Bucks have a shot and most people are really down on the Navy game.

Two homer 1460 "the fan" radio guys both think it will be maybe over 3 touchdowns and Craig Krenzal has USC by 17!!!

I'm thinking over 20 is about right, maybe this mojo will work in OSU favor. I have to look for something.

USC is LOADED and Mayes is maybe the best pro prospect I have seen at his position, just nasty!!! They get their center back and the defense is the key for that team!!! The offense is loaded at rb and the wr's are better than OSU. I just can't see our line holding them out.

Matt Barkley has that look, but I'm hoping he can be rattled. I doubt it though.

Amazing how the most fatul Buckeye fans are giving up. Have to admit I can't blame them, but come on this game is being played in Columbus, Ohio against a true frshman USC QB. :wacko:

Edited by Rockerbraves

Amazing how the most fatul Buckeye fans are giving up. Have to admit I can't blame them, but come on this game is being played in Columbus, Ohio against a true frshman USC QB. :wacko:

I am sure you are fishing here but who says anyone is giving up? The Shoe will be packed to the gills with roudy Buck fans. There is a nervous apprehension and a realistic attitude with facing one of the premier programs in the past 10 years with a team full of sophmores. I have to admit my hopes are not as high this week as normal but no way I am giving up. This team is just way too green for me to feel comfortable. I am trying to not put too much weight on the Navy game. Yes the offensinve line was horrible, and yes the defense struggled against the triple option, but they had several opportunities to put this game away and had no killer instinct. That bothers me. I am just holding on to hope that they looked past Navy and have been marking this date on their calander for a year. I also hope Pryor summons the power of Vince Young and carries this team. They will need to put up 30+ to have a chance. Grow up young man. Its time.

I am sure you are fishing here but who says anyone is giving up? The Shoe will be packed to the gills with roudy Buck fans. There is a nervous apprehension and a realistic attitude with facing one of the premier programs in the past 10 years with a team full of sophmores. I have to admit my hopes are not as high this week as normal but no way I am giving up. This team is just way too green for me to feel comfortable. I am trying to not put too much weight on the Navy game. Yes the offensinve line was horrible, and yes the defense struggled against the triple option, but they had several opportunities to put this game away and had no killer instinct. That bothers me. I am just holding on to hope that they looked past Navy and have been marking this date on their calander for a year. I also hope Pryor summons the power of Vince Young and carries this team. They will need to put up 30+ to have a chance. Grow up young man. Its time.

The only way OSU has a chance in my opinion is if TP becomes the Superman everyone is wating for AND the defense steps up.

Ray Small might be back, which means much needed help with the special teams and maybe more important is the fact that USC has to account for him down the field. I still think it won't matter much unless TP can rip off his jersey and is wearing his Scarlet and Gray "S" on his chest.

Boom Herron needs to have a half ways decent game, better than the Texas game.

Edited by sacosud

I am from Columbus and those two idiots on the fan are the absolute worst sports guys ever. The entire week leading up to the Navy game they really went out of their way to trash Navy. I actually called them on Tuesday to laugh at them because they said anyone that thought Navy would run for 200 yards was smoking crack. I am a Buckeye fan, but I somewhat enjoy sone of the meatheads getting their hearts stomped on like last year. Everyone was calling for the offensive and defensive line to be very good-Nope. Everyone thought Pryor was going to be a 400 yard a game guy-Nope. We have the players to make things happen, Tressel is just stuck in his ways. He is going to try to grind it out and manage the game while minimizing turnovers. It is what he does. In regards to Pryor, I am not sold on him so I know JT isnt. The guy has to have some serious trust in someone for them to be a big time player on that team. Look at how long it took Troy Smith to be allowed to throw it around to 3 1st round WRs. Pryor hasnt earned that yet.

Hate to say it but OSU is going to use the same game plan they always have and get crushed.

Horrible INT by Pryor, but a nice response on the next drive. Haven't seen much from USC on offense yet, so it's hard to say whether OSU should feel fortunate that they're tied 7-7, or disappointed that they're not in the lead. If they get to halftime within a score, I think we will see a very good game. If USC leads by 10 or more at halftime, turn out the lights. Biggest thing, in my opinion, will be Pryor avoiding any more big mistakes.

Yeah Tress-Ball on crack tonight. 1st half, 4th and goal decides to kick a fg... when you KNOW Pete will go for it every time. Then, airing it out on the last drive of the 1st half. 2nd half you completely dominate them, but only manage a safety and a fg despite playing on USC's half of the field the whole time. No one to blame but themselves. Defense was fantastic, USC came up with the clutch drive on the back of McKnight. Good game though.