[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

THE most undervalued palyer this year.

Rovers

From his ADP to his rankings, including those from pay sites, Jones is by far and away the most under vallued offensive player in 2009.

No, I don't expect him to repaet last year's top ten performance, but he still a solid RB2 this year.

The Jets will go up against a tougher schedule this year in terms of rush defenses, that's true. Leon Washington will get more touches, also likely. But, there will also likely be more carries to distribute this year too. But, Jones can block and pick up a blitz. Rookie QB to protect. Rookie QB will also check down to Jones often. Jones will get virtually all the GL carries.

I've seen Leon Washington go before Jones in redrafts. If you are lucky enough to get Jones as an RB3, you struck gold. As an RB3, Jones>Washington. Jones will get something every week, and double digit TD's (after last years total of 15) is not out of the question. Washington is an exciting player who can give you a good week with one touch, but what week will that be? Very difficult to project.

In almost every draft I've seen, I predict Jones will be the SOD in every one of them.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, here are two paid site's rankings, whose identities I will not reveal, but for the purpose of this discussion:

Site 1:

Grant #16

Rice #23

Jones #26

Site 2:

Grant #14

Rice #21

Jones #32

I have Jones right around Grant. A bit lower. There are how many teams in the NFL? And Jones, who is the defending AFC rushing leader from 2008 with 15 TD's is at the very bottom end of these 32 teams? Jones is being under valued across the board. He is this year's SOD. One could argue about Rice and Grant's rankings, but when it comes to being grotesquely under valued, Jones is it, hands down, slam dunk.

next thing you know rovers will tell us that the 68 jets were the best team evah!

Um... no, but I did predict the Curtis Martin rebound the year he won the NFL rushing title, saying he would be a top ten RB that year. In this forum. That was a projection I got plenty of heat for too. I'll take any bet anyone has to offer that Jones lands in the top 15 this year. I don't go out on a limb like this often, but when i do.... disregard if you so choose, but at yer own risk. :wacko:

Jones is constantly undervalued. 4 straight 1000 yard season, and in the last 4 season, no player ( including LT, Westy ) has more yards from scrimmage at RB. The guy is an easy No 2 back in PPR leagues and hasn't been hurt in ages. Don't know why he gets no love. Both Grant and Parker are also underrvalued, but both have struggled with injuries.

I've got Jones on more of my teams than any other NFL player, I believe. I certainly didn't reach for him, but when he fell to the 5th-9th rounds in many of my drafts, I just figured he was worth taking a chance on. If he can put up numbers that are 60-70% of last year, I'll be happy, considering where I drafted him.

I have to go with Ryan Grant myself. Aaron Rogers is going to have a break out year this year, opening some beautiful opportunities for Grant this year.

Grant as under valued, or a better value? Grant's ranking is about where I think it should be, and so is his ADP. His ranking and value is about right IMO. I think Grant is getting ranked right where he should be. Jones being ranked below the likes of any Denver RB makes no sense whatsoever. But, that is what the pay sites say....

i think i agree with you. just had 3 drafts and didn't get him in any. not sure how that happened.

I am only in a couple redraft leagues. How is it I didn't get TJ? one league is a keep 2, ADP for my first round pick, Slaton for an 8th. Went WR in the second, and just could not pass on K Smith in the 3rd (start 3 RB option, 0.5PPR) and my jaw dropped as Jones lasted into the 8th round.

Rovers makes a good case for TJ especially where he's being drafted. For whatever reason TJ has just fallen off most people's radar including mine. Personally, he's just one of those guys that I've never owned or had on my team. Guys like Donald Brown, Beanie Wells and Jonathan Stewart are all going in that 6-9th round range so it's really just a matter of choice.

I am only in a couple redraft leagues. How is it I didn't get TJ? one league is a keep 2, ADP for my first round pick, Slaton for an 8th. Went WR in the second, and just could not pass on K Smith in the 3rd (start 3 RB option, 0.5PPR) and my jaw dropped as Jones lasted into the 8th round.

Well, for those that care, i went back and looked at the drafts. In 2 re-drafts, Jones went in the 4th and 5th round (pick 36 and 43), which is quite surprising but it partly explains why i didn't end up with him. My other league is a dynasty league and i didn't really have a shot at him due to other roster needs i had to fill.

Well someone in our keeper league has a crystal ball (12 Team Keeper), 2.14 Thomas Jones? My Draft as follows: 1.10 S.Jax - High Risk/High Reward? 2.15 M.Turner Keeper - Brutal Schedule 4.39 Reggie Bush - High Risk/High Reward? 7.82 Felix Jones - Keeper Not sure yet? Looked great before injury. 12.135- Carnell Williams- Took a flyer in late rounds...... But my whole point here is: Reggie Bush 39? .05 per rec? Either the injury bug is gonna get me or I just stole him at 39!

Something I posted elsewhere, but a cut and paste...

What I am saying is that two pay FF sites have him at #26 and #32 on their RB only rankings. I think he is being under valued a lot by these two premium sites.

The past two years Jones had 290 (3.5 YPC) and 310 carries (4.5 YPC). In large part, the improvement frm 2007 to 2008 is due to the pickups of Faneca and Woody on the O line and Mangold's continuing development into one of the best centers in the league. Jones also had much more success at the GL behind this greatly improved O line.

I think 275 carries, a 4.1 YPC for about 1125 yards is reasonable. 30 receptions for 200 yards is also reasonable. 10 TD's is a projection that his highly arguable, but represents a 33% drop off from his 2008 production. That is 35 fewer carries than last year, on a team that is expected to run the ball more often this year vs. last. Does that sound like one of the worst starting RB's in the NFL? Because that is how he is being ranked.

I can only assume that Jones is ranked so low is the "Sanchez factor". Do projections assume 8 or 9 in the box? I think that defensive scheme against the Jets won't be real effective. So far Sanchez appears to be able to get the ball deep, and Jones could benefit from dump off passes. Or do people expect Washington to go from 75 carries and 47 receptions to 200 carries and 70 receptions? I figure Washington to get about 125 carries, almost double last's year's numbers, and that still leaves room for the 275 I think Jones will get. I don't think Greene will be a big factor in ball distribution or in the GL package. For a back of his size, I am very unimpressed with his inside running performance so far. He looks to avoid traffic and wants to go outside instead of pushing the pile.

I'm not projecting Jones to have another career year, far from it. But a top 15 finish is certainly not out of the question, although obviously some disagree.

:wacko:

Something I posted elsewhere, but a cut and paste...

What I am saying is that two pay FF sites have him at #26 and #32 on their RB only rankings. I think he is being under valued a lot by these two premium sites.

The past two years Jones had 290 (3.5 YPC) and 310 carries (4.5 YPC). In large part, the improvement frm 2007 to 2008 is due to the pickups of Faneca and Woody on the O line and Mangold's continuing development into one of the best centers in the league. Jones also had much more success at the GL behind this greatly improved O line.

I think 275 carries, a 4.1 YPC for about 1125 yards is reasonable. 30 receptions for 200 yards is also reasonable. 10 TD's is a projection that his highly arguable, but represents a 33% drop off from his 2008 production. That is 35 fewer carries than last year, on a team that is expected to run the ball more often this year vs. last. Does that sound like one of the worst starting RB's in the NFL? Because that is how he is being ranked.

I can only assume that Jones is ranked so low is the "Sanchez factor". Do projections assume 8 or 9 in the box? I think that defensive scheme against the Jets won't be real effective. So far Sanchez appears to be able to get the ball deep, and Jones could benefit from dump off passes. Or do people expect Washington to go from 75 carries and 47 receptions to 200 carries and 70 receptions? I figure Washington to get about 125 carries, almost double last's year's numbers, and that still leaves room for the 275 I think Jones will get. I don't think Greene will be a big factor in ball distribution or in the GL package. For a back of his size, I am very unimpressed with his inside running performance so far. He looks to avoid traffic and wants to go outside instead of pushing the pile.

I'm not projecting Jones to have another career year, far from it. But a top 15 finish is certainly not out of the question, although obviously some disagree.

:wacko:

if healthy, I see TJ finishing right around the top 15...probably just outside that area, but inside the top 20