[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I Am a New Commish

thestugots

I am a new commissioner at a free yahoo sports draft. I would like some advice on the scoring system. I am looking for a standard H2H (not-hardcore) scoring system that involves a low PPR value (everything else standard). I have 14 teams.

I am just looking for opinion on what y'all think works best (not what I think is best, I can do that myself)

I am definitely doing a 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 K, and 1 DST setup (How many bench players? I want to keep Free Agent Pool somewhat competitive)

Also definitely set in stone is: No IR, no waivers, no IDP, no keeper

What type of scoring works best for offensive players? (I am fine with combining scores of WR, RB, and TE although I'd like to hear what you think works best)

What's the best PPR value that does not skew game day point totals (keep it low, I was thinking .5)?

Scoring for kickers and DST (I was just gonna keep yahoo standards)?

What point bonuses do you reccomend for QB/WR/RB/TE/K/DST?

So basically I'd go with the standard yahoo setup, but are there scoring changes you guys recommend that produces more significant results? Thanks for the opinions.

You have a league with 14 teams yet you have no idea on scoring, and I'm going to presume that you also haven't had your draft since you don't know what your roster size is? :wacko::D What does your league want as scoring rules or bylaws?

Anyways, I'd keep it with the defaults + .5 or 1 PPR. 14-16 man roster.

You have a league with 14 teams yet you have no idea on scoring, and I'm going to presume that you also haven't had your draft since you don't know what your roster size is? :wacko::D What does your league want as scoring rules or bylaws?

Anyways, I'd keep it with the defaults + .5 or 1 PPR. 14-16 man roster.

Dude I dunno I guess the rules are straightforward I looked over them again. I am just worried about the bonuses for offensive players. Ex. Does it make sense to have a 6pt TD score reward and only a 6pt bonus for say 100 rushing yards? I guess I am asking what are the best bonuses values to give to offensive players?

QB/WR/TE/RB

Passing Yards - 1pt for 20yds

Rushing/Recieving Yards - 1pt for 10 yds

Receptions - .5pt each

Ru/Re/Pa TDs - 6pt

Return TD - 6pt

Fumble Lost - (-2)pt

Bonuses

QB

300 Pass Yards - 6pt

400 Pass Yards - 6pt

500 Pass Yards - 6pt

RB

100 Rush Yards - 6pt

150 Rush Yards - 4pt

175 Rush Yards - 4pt

WR

100 Receiving Yards - 6pt

125 Receiving Yards - 4pt

150 Receiving Yards - 4pt

Also about the roster size I am going to go with 17 players per team (10 active, 7 bench), I think that is appropriate.

Edited by thestugots

Dude I dunno I guess the rules are straightforward I looked over them again. I am just worried about the bonuses for offensive players. Ex. Does it make sense to have a 6pt TD score reward and only a 6pt bonus for say 100 rushing yards? I guess I am asking what are the best bonuses values to give to offensive players?

QB/WR/TE/RB

Receptions - .5pt each

Ru/Re/Pa TDs - 6pt

Return TD - 6pt

Fumble Lost - (-2)pt

Bonuses

QB

300 Pass Yards - 6pt

400 Pass Yards - 6pt

500 Pass Yards - 6pt

RB

100 Rush Yards - 6pt

150 Rush Yards - 4pt

175 Rush Yards - 4pt

WR

Also about the roster size I am going to go with 17 players per team (10 active, 7 bench), I think that is appropriate.

You should have more bench spots with 10 starters. I'd say 19. I also don't understand why you feel compelled to have bonus points for yardage threshholds. I'm not a fan generally. So the best bonus is no bonus IMO.

QB/WR/TE/RB

Receptions - .5pt each

Ru/Re/Pa TDs - 6pt

Return TD - 6pt

Fumble Lost - (-2)pt

Bonuses

QB

300 Pass Yards - 6pt

400 Pass Yards - 6pt

500 Pass Yards - 6pt

RB

100 Rush Yards - 6pt

150 Rush Yards - 4pt

175 Rush Yards - 4pt

WR

Those are good scoring rules, BUT dump the bonuses. They only reward weird situations, not rational performances.

Does it make sense to have a 6pt TD score reward and only a 6pt bonus for say 100 rushing yards? I guess I am asking what are the best bonuses values to give to offensive players?

Does Peterson or Tomlinson's team get extra points because they rush for over 100 yards? No. I've never been a huge fan for bonuses either for total yardage or for long plays. Improperly set, it skews the results even more then helping set a more level playing field as the best players score even higher while the tier 2 or 3 guys, or the guys on RBBC teams don't have nearly the same frequency of reaching the given bonus levels.