[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pierre Thomas will likely sit this week

PaulOttCarruth

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CBSSportsline's fantasy site is reporting the following:

News: Saints RB Pierre Thomas (knee) practiced with a brace on his right knee during the portion of practice the media was allowed to watch Thursday. He is listed on the injury report as questionable for Week 1 against Detroit after missing practice Wednesday.

Analysis: This is encouraging news for Thomas, but we still expect him to miss this week after being injured in the second preseason game and missing the final two preseason outings. Thomas could be a game-time decision, but the Saints will probably be cautious and not give him much playing time if he does get in there. Mike Bell would be a great replacement for Thomas if you're looking for someone off the waiver wire, and Bell has played well during the preseason with Thomas hurt.

CBSSportsline's fantasy site is reporting the following:

News: Saints RB Pierre Thomas (knee) practiced with a brace on his right knee during the portion of practice the media was allowed to watch Thursday. He is listed on the injury report as questionable for Week 1 against Detroit after missing practice Wednesday.

Analysis: This is encouraging news for Thomas, but we still expect him to miss this week after being injured in the second preseason game and missing the final two preseason outings. Thomas could be a game-time decision, but the Saints will probably be cautious and not give him much playing time if he does get in there. Mike Bell would be a great replacement for Thomas if you're looking for someone off the waiver wire, and Bell has played well during the preseason with Thomas hurt.

This looks like he sits out this week....If the Saints can't beat the LIons, without Thomas, they won't be going too far this year...!

RB Pierre Thomas was dressed but did not participate during Thursday's practice, Head Coach Sean Payton said following practice.

Thomas has missed practice since spraining his right MCL against Houston on Aug. 22. At his locker on Wednesday he said he was waiting on getting a knee brace to help stabilize the knee before he could go fully.

He said he was about 75-80 percent to being fully healthy on Wednesday.

"I was hoping we'd get more from him today," Payton said. "We dressed him out. But we'll see how it does tomorrow. Right now, he didn't participate today. We've still got time since it's only Thursday."

Asked if it was only about stability, Payton said it's about getting used to a brace and where he's "effectively practicing or able to plant on it better than anybody else in his position."

Payton said the time frame isn't surprising. But he won't play until he's better than the next running back on the depth chart.

"He has to be better than the other back that's potentially dressing in his place," Payton said. "As a running back, maybe it's a little bit different than a lineman."

LT Jammal Brown (sports hernia) and TE Darnell Dinkins (left ankle/foot) both were not in the indoor facility as they continue to rehab their injuries.

http://www.beloblog.com//WWLTV_Blogs/eyeon...ssed-for-p.html

What the heck was I thinking drafting Thomas in the 4th round over players like Ray Rice and Gates.

I hope I don't regret taking him on this team it was looking pretty good with the Brady Moss combo going.

You were drinking the Kool-Aid. Don't feel bad, you were definitely not alone.

I didn't take Thomas by the way...I drank the Bernard-Scott-in-the-15th-round Kool Aid...

Edited by The Wolf

You were drinking the Kool-Aid. Don't feel bad, you were definitely not alone.

I didn't take Thomas by the way...I drank the Bernard-Scott-in-the-15th-round Kool Aid...

ouch...I managed to get Thomas after I took gates and then Rice...and then A Gonzales...

I got him in the 6th round and felt pretty good about it, especially since I drafted Bush in the 3rd...

ouch...I managed to get Thomas after I took gates and then Rice...and then A Gonzales...

I got him in the 6th round and felt pretty good about it, especially since I drafted Bush in the 3rd...

Hard to compare leagues maybe yours is only 10 teams or maybe you have awful owners in the league so good players slip.

Hard to get real good values in the NFFC or WCFF, players usually just don't slip in those drafts like local leagues.

Hard to compare leagues maybe yours is only 10 teams or maybe you have awful owners in the league so good players slip.

Hard to get real good values in the NFFC or WCFF, players usually just don't slip in those drafts like local leagues.

very true, I just got Muto'd....it is a 10 teamer...

plus people strayed due to injury...

I have Mike Bell in all 3 of my leagues, and drafted Pierre Thomas in the two leagues where he wasn't kept. I thought having the high powered Saints running backs (aside from the pass-catching broke dick Bush) was a good thing. Pierre's value was increasing and he was losing his "sleeper" quality. Then he was injured and I was able to get PT for a reasonable price at my drafts. Landing the handcuff Mike Bell was really really cheap.

That was my plan, and I was able to carry it off in my draft's. Now.....Maybe I had a bad plan. We'll see. But my draft definitely didn't go horribly wrong. My drafts went just as I planned. Frankly I'm happy to have the 2 RB's for the Saints. They are one high powered team, possibly second only to the Pats. And I think the Saints RB's are far better to own than the Pat's RB's.

I was able to land Mike Bell in several leagues as well but as luck would have it the 1 league I consider my best team for the highest stakes 1st place being $25,000+ and I have Brady and Moss in a 6 pts all TD league I was not able to get Mike Bell. :wacko:

What the heck was I thinking drafting Thomas in the 4th round over players like Ray Rice and Gates.

I hope I don't regret taking him on this team it was looking pretty good with the Brady Moss combo going.

yeah, i drank the kool aid and took pierre thomas.......but, im confident that after all is said and done, he will have a BETTER year than Ray Rice as he is on a high powered offensive team.....Rice will be good, but I think Thomas misses this week (it IS the Lions, if Saints can't beat them w/o Thomas they won't go anywhere this year), and then he'll be good to go.....

don't give up hope on him just yet....!

yeah, i drank the kool aid and took pierre thomas.......but, im confident that after all is said and done, he will have a BETTER year than Ray Rice as he is on a high powered offensive team.....Rice will be good, but I think Thomas misses this week (it IS the Lions, if Saints can't beat them w/o Thomas they won't go anywhere this year), and then he'll be good to go.....

don't give up hope on him just yet....!

I disagree for a few reasons even though I like both backs...

the Saints have a crappy D and a plethora of offensive weapons which can make it easy for Thomas to perform, but he's not the focal point of the offense...

while the Ravens have a stout D and should have more opportunities to use Rice as they don't have many options for playmakers on that team....Mason is old, but I see him having a hugh year anyways...Clayton has a hammy injury so I wouldn't count on him too much and then you have McGahee which is the backup...

Ray Rice it is...

I disagree for a few reasons even though I like both backs...

the Saints have a crappy D and a plethora of offensive weapons which can make it easy for Thomas to perform, but he's not the focal point of the offense...

while the Ravens have a stout D and should have more opportunities to use Rice as they don't have many options for playmakers on that team....Mason is old, but I see him having a hugh year anyways...Clayton has a hammy injury so I wouldn't count on him too much and then you have McGahee which is the backup...

Ray Rice it is...

that's what is great about this forum....we can agree to disagree....!!!

i don't think McGahee is done just yet.....and can see him getting a decent amount of carries.....yeah, the Saints have Bush as well, but he will never be the go-to back for them....

Let's hope both perform well this year....good luck!

that's what is great about this forum....we can agree to disagree....!!!

i don't think McGahee is done just yet.....and can see him getting a decent amount of carries.....yeah, the Saints have Bush as well, but he will never be the go-to back for them....

Let's hope both perform well this year....good luck!

I actually agree with you about McGahee...I think he will have an amazing year, but as for the Saints....of course Budh is used primarily in the passing game and he can easily be out there at the same time Thomas is...

Thomas is pretty much the starting tailback there, but I think Rice is in a better situation to perform...

regardless I have all 4 said RB's in my main money league.....so :wacko:

Per CBS Sportsline

Pierre Thomas, RB NO

News: As expected, Saints RB Pierre Thomas (knee) was listed as out for Week 1 against Detroit. Thomas did not take part in any team drills this week and has been out since the second preseason game with the injury. With Thomas a no-go, coach Sean Payton said potentially it could mean a split load for Reggie Bush and Mike Bell. "We feel like Mike had a pretty good training camp and Reggie is healthy. You've got to have enough gas back there to where you're not just leaning on one player," Payton said.

He went in the 4th round in my million doll hair league.

i ended up taking him with the 1st pick in round 4 (ten team, 2 player keeper league....).....Most of the franchise backs were gone.......was left with him, Ronnie Brown, Addai, Julius and Thomas Jones to choose from....

hoping made the right decison, but not off to a strong start...

Already talking about his availability for week 2, down here. and that is questional as of now. my prediction is he doesn't start week 2 either.

Other than killing me in 2 dynasty leagues I am actually OK with this. Just about the time Bush gets dinged up and Bell starts fumbling PT will be ready and have fresh legs. I think as long as the injury is not more serious than it seems this really helps the Saints more than hurting them.