[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Berrian's Hamstring

Scooby's Hubby

It might not be the hammy that you have to worry about:

Vikings | Favre says he and Berrian not on same page yet

Comment (0)

Thu, 10 Sep 2009 07:19:13 -0700

Rick Alonzo, of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings QB Brett Favre said he is not on the same page yet with WR Bernard Berrian (hamstring) because Berrian has missed time with an injury, but Favre understands that injuries are a part of football. "You can't make excuses; you've got to get it done. So we're way behind. He's not. I would say I'm way behind on where I need to be with him," Favre said.

kffl

Berrian is a speed guy and speed guys with pulled hammys make me nervous. Throw in the fact that he hasnt been able to work at speed with the QB, and I would probably steer clear of Berrian this week if you have other options. My $0.02

In somewhat related news, KFAN is reporting that Sean Jensen of the local rag(east side of the river) is reporting that the Vikes have just released Bobby Wade and that Greg Lewis is at Winter Park right now. Make of that what you will...

Berrian is a speed guy and speed guys with pulled hammys make me nervous. Throw in the fact that he hasnt been able to work at speed with the QB, and I would probably steer clear of Berrian this week if you have other options. My $0.02

In somewhat related news, KFAN is reporting that Sean Jensen of the local rag(east side of the river) is reporting that the Vikes have just released Bobby Wade and that Greg Lewis is at Winter Park right now. Make of that what you will...

ESPN Link

Bernard Berrian to be a game-time decision

Vikings coach Brad Childress all but confirmed that Bernard Berrian (questionable, hamstring) will be a game-time decision in Week 1.

Berrian was a limited participant in practice for a third straight day Friday. "We’ll just have to see," Childress said. "We’ve got a walkthrough (Saturday). I don’t know if (the hamstring) will clear itself up." Berrian is best left on fantasy benches after a lost preseason. He won't be full speed if he plays.

No dice on Berrian for me this week...thank you all...now watch him light up Cleveland for 131 and 2 TDs

same here..not taking a chance with him at this point... unfotunately for me Chris Henry and Crayton aren't the best fall back position.. probably roll the dice with preseason star Henry.

According to FOXSports.com, Bernard Berrian (questionable, hamstring) will play Sunday against Cleveland.

FOX's NFL Czar suggests that the Vikings will use lots of play action, which could set up Berrian's deep routes nicely. Of course, that's assuming he's 100 percent and Brett Favre has timing with Berrian after the two never hooked up in preseason games.

According to FOXSports.com, Bernard Berrian (questionable, hamstring) will play Sunday against Cleveland.

FOX's NFL Czar suggests that the Vikings will use lots of play action, which could set up Berrian's deep routes nicely. Of course, that's assuming he's 100 percent and Brett Favre has timing with Berrian after the two never hooked up in preseason games.

Fox has an NFL czar? :wacko:

Vikings offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell vowed to get the ball to Bernard Berrian after he was targeted just twice in the opener.

"We can put him in some better situations," Bevell said. The Lions surrendered more than 350 passing yards against the Saints, including several deep balls. Play Berrian with confidence as a WR3 against Detroit this week.

Source: St. Paul Pioneer Press