[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jermichael Finley

ChampSampson

Am I the only one scooping this guy in every draft? (Last round everytime)

He's not even listed on some of "premier" sites cheat sheets. LOL! Am I totally playing into the sucker bet?

Thoughts?

For the value, no, but I wouldn't expect him to break into the top 12-15 TEs.

I respectfully disagree. He's been nothing short of dynamite so far (yes, I know it's preseason). I see him as a top 10 easy. Probably closer to 10, though.

Yep. Got him in every dynasty league I'm in...

Dynasty I'd agree with. As for this season, I think people really need to temper their expectations:

1. While McCarthy seems to be committed to the two TE set, Lee will get his snaps and catches.

2. This offense, outside of Jennings, has too many options for one person to have a huge season.

3. There's a reason he only had six catches last year - he's an immature knucklehead that had barely digested the playbook by week 17 when he had his only blip on the radar against the Lions.

That said, he's undeniably talented and all of the reports this off-season have been great. He definitely has potential in a dynasty league being that he's only 22. I wouldn't count on him for much this year, however.

Dynasty I'd agree with. As for this season, I think people really need to temper their expectations:

W/respect to tosberg as well, I see this as a banner year for TEs - while Finley should be a nice "real" football player for GB, it's tough to see him outpointing the obvious #1 guys like Witten, Gonzalez, Gates (clear tier 1), Cooley, Olsen, J Carlson, and Daniels. That's 7 - some people are high on Celek and Shiancoe, me not so much; Winslow has been elite, when healthy; Z Miller was VERY productive in a crap offense last year; etc etc.

Pegging Finley for a pretty generous (IMO) 35-450-5 doesn't scratch where those guys are going to be this year.

1. Jermichael Finley, Packers

SleeperFinley is going to be a top 12 TE this season. QB Aaron Rodgers and the coaching staff have been showering him with rave reviews throughout the last couple months. Like Antonio Gates and Tony Gonzalez, Finley was a standout basketball player in highschool. He eventually chose football. He has speed on par with Gates, good hands and is excellent in traffic. With defenses focused on stopping Greg Jennings and Donald Driver, Finley will cause all sorts of headaches. Don’t be stunned if he approaches 9-10 TDs. I’m usually not a proponent of holding two TEs on a roster but if you play in a league that has big rosters, clear out some space for Finley.

1. While McCarthy seems to be committed to the two TE set, Lee will get his snaps and catches.

2. This offense, outside of Jennings, has too many options for one person to have a huge season.

3. There's a reason he only had six catches last year - he's an immature knucklehead that had barely digested the playbook by week 17 when he had his only blip on the radar against the Lions.

That said, he's undeniably talented and all of the reports this off-season have been great. He definitely has potential in a dynasty league being that he's only 22. I wouldn't count on him for much this year, however.

I don't know. He was an immature knucklehead from what I've read.

The Packers definitely have room for a fast tall TE to go down the middle of the field. He can do things Lee, Nelson and Jones can't due to his height.

My sarcasm meter is going off. Amirite?

Based on location, you're the Packer's homer...so I do take your opinion with merit.

Looking back, that sounded more terse than I intended. I'd just be more interested in hearing your opinion on the matter as opposed to some "expert".

ETA: Which isn't a dig at Paul. I'm simply looking for a discussion in the threads that isn't a repeat of info from other sources.

Edited by Fatman

I don't know. He was an immature knucklehead from what I've read.

The Packers definitely have room for a fast tall TE to go down the middle of the field. He can do things Lee, Nelson and Jones can't due to his height.

Looking back, that sounded more terse than I intended. I'd just be more interested in hearing your opinion on the matter as opposed to some "expert".

ETA: Which isn't a dig at Paul. I'm simply looking for a discussion in the threads that isn't a repeat of info from other sources.

Maybe a full off-season is what he needed to get things down, especially given his youth. The biggest reason he didn't contribute last year is because he didn't have his head on straight. Maybe (and hopefully for the Pack) that's changed.

My opinion: He is a freak and a very strange dude. Sounds like a big year in the making to me! (followed by a contract dispute next year...?) :wacko:

And while not risking a whole lot, I am backing the truck up on this guy.

Very true - like I said, you can't go wrong with the late round value. It will be interesting to see, that's for sure.

I traded Dustin Keller to a Jets fan for Nick Barnett and Fasano. He and Finley are my only TE's now. :wacko:

I like Keller a lot so I hope Barnett's back and Finley comes on late in the year.

I bet the Jets fan is saying "I just suckered some GB fan into Keller for Barnett and Fasano."

My opinion: He is a freak and a very strange dude.

Very odd. I signed up for twitter just to follow he, Barnett, and Grant's twitters or whatever it's called...

He sends out tweets asking what kind of toenail polish he should go with and what not.

I think he'll put up TE2 numbers this year, and in 2010 I fully expect a massive jump to him being a top 5-6 TE in the league. The most important thing about him is that Aaron Rodgers loves him, and is going to target him whenever possible. He's said that Finley is virtually unstoppable in the passing game. He still needs to figure out how to block, but like I said, I expect him to be similar to Dallas Clark... Good receiving numbers/weak blocking.

Very odd. I signed up for twitter just to follow he, Barnett, and Grant's twitters or whatever it's called...

He sends out tweets asking what kind of toenail polish he should go with and what not.

I think he'll put up TE2 numbers this year, and in 2010 I fully expect a massive jump to him being a top 5-6 TE in the league. The most important thing about him is that Aaron Rodgers loves him, and is going to target him whenever possible. He's said that Finley is virtually unstoppable in the passing game. He still needs to figure out how to block, but like I said, I expect him to be similar to Dallas Clark... Good receiving numbers/weak blocking.

Most of what he says is pretty innocent. Last night he was giving away Bear meat.

Anybody want some good meat bc its fresh.. Bear Meat it will b cut up and packed around 11pm Sunday NIght and no charge..

about 13 hours ago from web

Most of what he says is pretty innocent. Last night he was giving away Bear meat.

Anybody want some good meat bc its fresh.. Bear Meat it will b cut up and packed around 11pm Sunday NIght and no charge..

about 13 hours ago from web

For sure. He's not a bad odd. Just a different character all around.