[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Welker?

eags

Supposedly there will be another update today (saturday since they don't play until Monday).

Patriots wideout Wes Welker practiced Friday but he was limited in his participation. Welker put in a similar light amount of work Thursday and was still listed questionable for Monday night's game on the Patriot's Friday injury report.

He is small, white, and a good WR to have in PPR leagues, even though I think his ADP is too high.

ADP too high? He was #8 overall WR last year (no Brady) and #8 WR overall 2007 (with Brady)

How low do you want him to go? If healthy he's top-10 WR this year.

of the 7 people ahead of him in 07 and 08 only one repeated in top-7 that's Fitz

Moss, TO, Wayne, Braylon and Chad all fell out of the top-8 in 08

07 Andre, Boldin, Roddy, Marshall, Calvin, Jennings were all lower than Welker

Note, I am taking my point total from my fantasy home which only goes up to week 16 of the regular season so the actual numbers could be off a bit but just goes to show and I think Welker is a top WR and he's got the most potent QB in the history of football on his team and the most potent WR in history to take the coverage away

Edited by rai

ADP too high? He was #8 overall WR last year (no Brady) and #8 WR overall 2007 (with Brady)

Not really too high per se, but barely top 10 is his ceiling. There are guys going behind him that will score more points.

Not really too high per se, but barely top 10 is his ceiling. There are guys going behind him that will score more points.

that's true but also likely guys ahead of him will score less points as I said 6 guys fell out of the top 8 so just because your name is Andre or Jennings or Moss does not mean you will are sure to be in top-8.

I know Welker can fall out of top 8 but he's a safe pick cause this is PPR we are talking about and he caught 223 passes in two years 112 and 111 that's kind of good, and he averaged 10.5 ypc and 10.5 ypc each year'

Welker you know what you are getting, he's not going to score 23 TDs or anything but 110 catches and 1150 yards most people would accept that.

Edited by rai

about this week, Welker is questionable and it's a late game so I am tempted to just flex in Cedric Benson who has a great matchup against Den that's fine for one league

the other league is not so easy welker or Ginn?

Edited by rai

about this week, Welker is questionable and it's a late game so I am tempted to just flex in Cedric Benson who has a great matchup against Den that's fine for one league

you must be kidding ? even if Welker is 100% i'm still starting a RB option in his place at flex

if you have that option ,, plug in Cedric and consider yourself lucky.

you must be kidding ? even if Welker is 100% i'm still starting a RB option in his place at flex

In a PPR league I'd start a healthy Welker over Benson 16 out of 16 weeks

:wacko: To the Advice forum.

When healthy with PPR Welker is better than most RBs over the last 2 years only 7 or 14 RBs averaged more points than Welker.

this week he's questionable which is hard to figure, but over the last 2 years he's has averaged 17 points per game.

Edited by rai

of the 7 people ahead of him in 07 and 08 only one repeated in top-7 that's Fitz

Moss, TO, Wayne, Braylon and Chad all fell out of the top-8 in 08

07 Andre, Boldin, Roddy, Marshall, Calvin, Jennings were all lower than Welker

Note, I am taking my point total from my fantasy home which only goes up to week 16 of the regular season so the actual numbers could be off a bit but just goes to show and I think Welker is a top WR and he's got the most potent QB in the history of football on his team and the most potent WR in history to take the coverage away

so you are saying that odds are the Welker will now fall out of the top 8 :wacko:

F it.

Benching Welker for Josh Morgan in 1 league.

In the other I'm putting in Breaston if Boldin is out, Donnie Avery if Boldin plays.

This of course means Welks will go off on Monday night. You're welcome everyone. I hate you Belichick.

• 2 weeks later...
Just saw on ESPN bottomline that it said Welker is expected to play.

i just watched Espn as well and they said he is likely not to play ... :wacko:

Seriously they had lady reporter on ( did not catch her name ) who said that its early still but looking like he is unlikely to play