[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Crabtree

Outshined

This has to be on crabtree. If he wanted to play, he would be in uniform.

Crabtree update: Michael Crabtree has decided he won't sign at the market price being offered by the 49ers, a source said. It's pretty clear the 49ers aren't going to up their offer, which is roughly what the 10th pick in the draft should receive -- a five-year, $20 million deal that could max out at $26.5 million. This holdout is destined to go into the regular season, and neither side has a solution to end it.

Not bad for a rookie contract...4 mil per year :wacko: . That would be really funny if he sat out the year and got drafted in the late 1st or 2nd round next year.

link

Edited by Outshined

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has to be on crabtree. If he wanted to play, he would be in uniform.

Not bad for a rookie contract...4 mil per year :wacko: . That would be really funny if he sat out the year and got drafted in the late 1st or 2nd round next year.

link

I personally hope he goes the way of old-whats-his-name-from-ohio-who-got-fat-and-failed-miserably-in-the-nfl.

Crabs- you werent the first wr taken cause your a dick. get over yourself.

The niners need a new GM for dumb stuff like this. Singletary is going to run 60% of the time, we should have spent that pick on improving the O line. They thought that picking Marvell Smith off of the IR was the move at RT, but instead he retires. Now the line is thin and it hurts their real strength which is Gore & Coffee. Even if he signs this weekend this year is a waste for him.

I really hope that next year a rookie salary cap goes into place to stop prima donna's like this. Next year unless Crabtree can sign top 3-4 money, then he's losing money on top of his already lost reputation.

The niners need a new GM for dumb stuff like this. Singletary is going to run 60% of the time, we should have spent that pick on improving the O line. They thought that picking Marvell Smith off of the IR was the move at RT, but instead he retires. Now the line is thin and it hurts their real strength which is Gore & Coffee. Even if he signs this weekend this year is a waste for him.

I really hope that next year a rookie salary cap goes into place to stop prima donna's like this. Next year unless Crabtree can sign top 3-4 money, then he's losing money on top of his already lost reputation.

I was saying this all along....they should have traded down to draft a few players on the OL...

If I'm the Niners, I am not talking to him. My offer has been made and it's not gonna change. Maybe I lower it and make it known that every week he sits, it drops. I'm not talking about him, either. Not in the press, amongst the team, in the exec level suites.

From what I am hearing he doesn't want to play for the 49er's and Hill is not the kind of QB he thinks can get him the ball. Therefore he is willing to sit out this year and take LESS money next year and get drafted by someone else.

I think the kid is getting bad advice from his agent. Or he is being stupid. He is playing for a second contract not this one. A lot can happen in a year and even though his agent gave him an advance of a million dollars doesn't bode well for him. The kid could get hurt, sick or anything and there goes millions left on the table for ever. Grab it while you can kid because it may not be there 12 months from now. I have lived long enough to no money doesn't hang around very long and get it while you can.

Stupid Stupid Stupid if you ask me. If he sits out he will get half the contract that is on the table now. STupid

From what I am hearing he doesn't want to play for the 49er's and Hill is not the kind of QB he thinks can get him the ball. Therefore he is willing to sit out this year and take LESS money next year and get drafted by someone else.

I think the kid is getting bad advice from his agent. Or he is being stupid. He is playing for a second contract not this one. A lot can happen in a year and even though his agent gave him an advance of a million dollars doesn't bode well for him. The kid could get hurt, sick or anything and there goes millions left on the table for ever. Grab it while you can kid because it may not be there 12 months from now. I have lived long enough to no money doesn't hang around very long and get it while you can.

Stupid Stupid Stupid if you ask me. If he sits out he will get half the contract that is on the table now. STupid

Why wouldn't the 49er's just trade his rights for a some picks next year. To a team like the Jets or Ravens...

man that ain't right......did the players union come up with that one.....can't say this is good for the NFL Logo...they gotta drop the hammer on guys like this

I can see where compensation might be an issue if you've a bad draft class and you want to see if you can push your pick until next year - but I think comp pick at the end of the round after the original player was drafted in the following year being fair.

what a POS and a piece of trash.

Have some respect for the game that will make you wealthy for the rest of your life.

This makes me sick when you think of all the veterans that have paved the way so that a prima donna like this can hold a team hostage?

Screw Crabtree and the horse he rode in on . .

man that ain't right......did the players union come up with that one.....can't say this is good for the NFL Logo...they gotta drop the hammer on guys like this

I can see where compensation might be an issue if you've a bad draft class and you want to see if you can push your pick until next year - but I think comp pick at the end of the round after the original player was drafted in the following year being fair.

I disagree. Why should other teams be pushed down a pick because the Niners wanted to sign a known buffoon? The fact he won't sign is their problem, not everyone else's. The fact is they did get their pick, he just won't sign.

And yes, a rookie pay scale should be right at the top of the NFL CBA agenda.

I don't get why people get so upset at this situation. (I can understand why a SFO fan would be irked.)

Its a job. He wants to be paid a certain amount of money. His potential employer doesn't want to pay that amount of money. So Crabtree doesn't work.

Other than to perhaps his family, Crabtree doesn't owe anything to anybody when it comes to playing for the Niners. So what if he doesn't play? It's his choice. Just like its the Niners' choice not to sign him.

I saw this kind of thing with respect to Barry Sanders.

I don't get why people get so upset at this situation. (I can understand why a SFO fan would be irked.)

Its a job. He wants to be paid a certain amount of money. His potential employer doesn't want to pay that amount of money. So Crabtree doesn't work.

Other than to perhaps his family, Crabtree doesn't owe anything to anybody when it comes to playing for the Niners. So what if he doesn't play? It's his choice. Just like its the Niners' choice not to sign him.

I saw this kind of thing with respect to Barry Sanders.

Well this isn't exactly like accepting a desk job at an accounting firm. While the players are not forced to sign with the team that drafted them, I think it is fair to say that it is expected. True or not, this just looks like a whiny kid that is mad that he wasn't the first receiver picked.

It's also about the fact that so many of us struggle in this fooked up economy to do the best we can for our family only to listen to some c0cksucking diva ass pirate about how $20mil ain't enough.

That's offensive to many of us in the real world.

wurd....i'd like ta see Crabtree and Jack Lambert in a Phone Booth