[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tuvey's Analysis is so bang on

mroban

Gents:

I have been a subscriber to the Huddle since its inception and the insights are always terrific. But I have to say, John Tuvey's game analysis is the best around. Read the analysis of last nights game. here is a snippet:

"Holmes and Ward accounted for 40 percent of the wide receiver touchdowns the Titans allowed last season, and both posted solid yardage numbers as well in last season's loss in Tennessee. It's tough to see Pittsburgh's ground game having a great deal of success against the Titans, which would put the offensive onus on the passing game. Neither Holmes nor Ward are great plays, but both should contribute solid stats and there's likely a touchdown to be had here as well."

I have to say I feel a great deal of confidence going to war with Mr. JT.

No I am not his mother or a shill for the site. Just very impressed and have to give props.

M

I really liked his start-bench report this week. Plenty of common sense opinion with the data to back it up.. .. then I looked at his "rest of season rankings". My intent is not to be critical, but things just don't seem to add up here, as opposed to his satrt-bench article, which as I said, I really like a lot. Being a rabid Jets fan, perhaps I have the green colored glasses on, but if rankings like this and others are right, the Jets will have the worst offense in the NFL.

No Jet RB in the top 30? Felix Jones 11 spots in front of Thomas Jones? The likes of Donald Brown 5 slots better than TJ? No Jet WR in the top 35? No NYG WR in the top 35 either? Dustin Keller barely makes the top 20 TE's? No WR from SD in the top 35 either. How could Rivers be the #7 QB with no WR's? Gates as the #1 TE must be in for the year to end all years.

I know it's easy to poke holes in any rankings list, but the Jets, Giants, Titans and SD are going to find a WR to break into the top 40, or 35... or am I all wrong? At least he didn't completely bury Ray Rice, another player who I think is being very under valued.

I think I much prefer his week to week projections, where he admits many have written Thoma Jones off completely, but that may be premature. That possibility is ignored in his rankings, however. While drafts are over, I think there are some very under valued players out there that might be had in the trade market. I would happilly trade Lee evans who is ranked at 21 for Cotchery at 36 straight up, especially in a PPR. I'd trade Trent Edwards at 17 for Sanchez at 27 (with a player to be named later) too. No way am I convinced that both Buffalo WR's should be ranked so far ahead of any Jets WR.... the Bills are a disaster area, and Edwards is going to get killed behind that O line.

JT... not picking on you here.... the reason I studied your rankings so closely was because I was very impressed with the start-bench article. It's FF... it's crystal ball stuff. Hopefully, this might be food for thought rather than taken as critisism. If rankings were universal and bullet proof, we'de all win WCOFF. Just trying to offer some counter-points. Keep up the great work.... I'm a fan!

I really liked his start-bench report this week. Plenty of common sense opinion with the data to back it up.. .. then I looked at his "rest of season rankings".

FYI - the ROS rankings in week one are just our final pre-season rankings. John will begin making his adjustments this week, after the week 1 games.

Lest it sound like I am being negative... not at all. If there was only ONE source of FF insight I could get week to week....JT's start bench report/article would be the ONE I would choose. That's the honest truth... it's outstanding.

But, living up to my pita rep as a Jets fan, I've seen the Jets under ranked across the board everywhere, at every site, free or subscription. I saw one projection for T Jones for 4 TD's on the year. He's half way there already. I look forward to the updates. Week one always has surprises in it... ball distribution, targets, etc. I was wrong about the Jets RB split... it was 57-43% Jones. I expected something under 60-40. As expected, Washington got some catches (4) so if one wants to look at touches, it was close to 50-50. So, I got it a bit wrong. Not too far wrong, but wrong.