[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who's the Omaha Huddler...

j2v

The ESPN affiliate in Omaha has me on each Thursday to talk fantasy football, and one of the things we do is take calls and emails from listeners. I think it was an email question they read, and I can't remember the exact players but it was a start/bench question along the lines of: "Need one, do I start Chris Johnson, Willie Parker, or Puddy?"

The show hosts had no idea what that meant, but I have to believe it was a very subtle Huddler forums shoutout. It certainly made me crack up.

Big John, do you want to narrow down our list of suspects to Huddlers who live in the Omaha listening area? Or does the Mystery Huddler wish to take credit for his feat? To you I say: well played, sir; well played.

2V

The ESPN affiliate in Omaha has me on each Thursday to talk fantasy football, and one of the things we do is take calls and emails from listeners. I think it was an email question they read, and I can't remember the exact players but it was a start/bench question along the lines of: "Need one, do I start Chris Johnson, Willie Parker, or Puddy?"

The show hosts had no idea what that meant, but I have to believe it was a very subtle Huddler forums shoutout. It certainly made me crack up.

Big John, do you want to narrow down our list of suspects to Huddlers who live in the Omaha listening area? Or does the Mystery Huddler wish to take credit for his feat? To you I say: well played, sir; well played.

2V

That's some funny chit right there....

I was listening that day when "Bill" (i know the name cause I listened to the podcast again) asked the question about Indy's backfield and I laughed because the only "Puddy" reference I can remember is from Seinfeld. Then when I started searching on the forums and found the username "puddy" and his profile pic was Patrick Warburton and he posts on this forums, then I got the joke a little bit more, but don't know if that is really him. Either way it was funny.

J2V good luck in your search!

Edited by dog gone bad

:wacko:

My buddy just told me about this thread. Good stuff Square.

Wish I could take credit for it, but it wasn't me. :D I haven't seen anybody post with regularity that has Nebraska in their info so I don't know who it could have been. But don't worry, I'll definitely try to get in the next time they do the fantasy segment on the zone.

I talked to J2V a few weeks back about taking Desean Jackson in the 5th round of a PPR league and he agreed with me that he liked his upside verse the other people available. Stupid me, I didn't even think about putting a huddle-ism in on the radio. I thought it would end up being my own little lame joke and I wasn't sure if I wanted to be "that guy". But I suppose it's worth crackin John up regardless so I'll get in the next time the phone lines let me.

Wish I could take credit for it, but it wasn't me. :wacko: I haven't seen anybody post with regularity that has Nebraska in their info so I don't know who it could have been. But don't worry, I'll definitely try to get in the next time they do the fantasy segment on the zone.

I talked to J2V a few weeks back about taking Desean Jackson in the 5th round of a PPR league and he agreed with me that he liked his upside verse the other people available. Stupid me, I didn't even think about putting a huddle-ism in on the radio. I thought it would end up being my own little lame joke and I wasn't sure if I wanted to be "that guy". But I suppose it's worth crackin John up regardless so I'll get in the next time the phone lines let me.

:D

:D

TitansFan, WCD480 and Phat1 are also in Nebraska, though Phat1 hasn't been seen for a long while now, and WCD480 is only seen occasionally.

Edited by Big John

Yeah, that would be me. I wanted to ask the Addai/Brown question but I thought I would add a little huddler twist. Happy to hear you got a kick out of it.

That's crazy, I guess I didn't know there was much of an Omaha contingent on the huddle. Too bad you're a dirty vikings fan. You from Omaha or just a transplant for the med school? Creighton/UNMC?

That's crazy, I guess I didn't know there was much of an Omaha contingent on the huddle. Too bad you're a dirty vikings fan. You from Omaha or just a transplant for the med school? Creighton/UNMC?

Worked at Creighton for a couple years before going to UNMC for med school. Going to be moving in a little less than a year for residency and the gf wants to move to her home... Wisconsin :wacko: