[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"Dumbest waiver move I've seen" - 2009 Edition

RakeFighter

Must have been an error. Ask the owner and have the commish reverse it. If it was on purprose, you or he needs to leave the league.

It's a free league that I was asked to join as the 10th team...this particular owner said, and I quote, "Houston sucks, Slaton won't do much anyway."

:wacko:

let's face it...the entry fee could have been $50 bucks and you still would have thought it wasn't worth your time...

That is not true at all but if your playing for nothing then people just won't care.

If your playing for something then they will care alot more.

People who join free leagues may be playing for the 1st time or have no clue how to play and are just doing it to well do it.

I'll go you one better. In a long term dynasty league that I do admit belonging to, an owner, just this last week dropped M Schaub and picked up Pennington. The worst part of this is that he kept the Giants 3rd string TE and we are not a TE required league. :wacko: And the commish wonders why the talent pool gets so weighted.

OMG, a free league thread :wacko:

Hahaha, I just got to witness a free league.

My wife just moved over here from Indonesia in May, she loved the limited amount of football that she saw from that side of the world, but has no idea how the game is played, and has never sat through a season of NFL (obviously).

She was making fun of how much I get into fantasy football, so I did what any good husband would do for their new-to-america wife:

I convinced her that she needs her own fantasy football team!

So yeah, we hooked her up on a facebook fantasy football app, and joined a public league that drafted yesterday.

She got the 1st pick, and took AP. We then proceeded to watch McNabb & Rothlesburger get drafted in the 1st round, it was comical. It's the 1st league I've seen where Andre Johnson was available at the end of the 2nd round (Santana Moss was drafted before him).

At least it's a good confidence builder for her before we get her in some real leagues next year!

On Thursday morning a guy in our league dropped Berrian for Davone Bess. Naturally, I picked up Berrian very quickly. He has 2 TEs (Carlson and Celek) on his roster, Michael Jenkins and some other players I'd have thought he'd shed before Berrian.

On Thursday morning a guy in our league dropped Berrian for Davone Bess. Naturally, I picked up Berrian very quickly. He has 2 TEs (Carlson and Celek) on his roster, Michael Jenkins and some other players I'd have thought he'd shed before Berrian.

I like Bess a lot as a sleeper this year...but yeah I think I would have tossed Jenkins out first too

Must have been an error. Ask the owner and have the commish reverse it. If it was on purprose, you or he needs to leave the league.

That's bad! Has to be an error and should be reversed. I had a newbie drop Steve Smith and add a complete nobody a couple years ago because it said he was out (he was suspended for the first game or something like that.

I also had an owner drop Marques Colston last year because he had the knee issue and was out for like 6 weeks. He dropped him about 3-4 weeks into it.

A guy in my league dropped Pierre Thomas for Stefan Logan and dropped Kevin Walter for Antwaan Randle El. That should be criminal. It gives an extremely unfair advantage to whoever is first on the waiver wire and essentially picks up a free 3rd/4th round draft pick -- in a 14 team league, depth like that gives a huge advantage.

how small/shallow is your DYNASTY that a starting RB is a free agent?

12 teams.

We are only REQUIRED to start 1 RB, but we can start up to 3 RB's with the 2 flex spots.

I guess the owner figured Lewis has no future.

He certainly doesn't seem to have much of a present, either.

Edited by spider321