[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Michigan vs Notre Dame

GWPFFL BrianW

Great game... Too many mistakes by the Irish. Both teams are definitely improved from last year, though, and should end up in the top 15-20 by year's end. Michigan's QB is fun to watch, and was the difference-maker in the game.

I also think that Charlie Weis should be fired today, before they get on the bus. He has no business heading up a team. No reason for a team with that much experiance at QB to have that many delay of game penalties, nor should Weis be trying to air it out when you have the lead and not a lot of time left. That decision to do so gave Michigan time to get down field and work from inside the ten. Weis is a great OC, but spare as a HC.

:wacko: Tate=Stud.

He dropped a couple, including a sure TD, but there is no doubt that ND has some really nice weapons on offense, especially the WR position. Special teams killed them today... KO return for TD, missed FG (inside 30 yards) early, etc. Of course, a defensive stop late sure could have helped as well. Personally, I'm not a real big fan of Weis' play-calling... poor clock management and I don't think they should have gone for two when down 31-26 with 9+ minutes to play. I know it gets them within three points, but in a high-scoring game, you have to think about the effect of not converting, assuming one or both teams scores again (which they both did). That particular call didn't necessarily hurt them or cost them the game, but I think Weis' overall game management (along with the ST blunders) may have.

OK MSU fan and can't stand either program, but I've got 2 questions:

1) What did the Rb do after the 2pt conversion to get a unsportsmanlike? I didn't see anything at all

2) Scored with 11 seconds was 10 when going to line ND qb said should be 1 more so the UM time keeper moved it to 9 and ball went out as clock was hitting 0, should have been 2, and ND should have had a Hail Mary chance. Even ESPN listed the time for about 15 miutes as ND on their own 47 with 2 seconds left. What happened to those 2 seconds?

OK MSU fan and can't stand either program, but I've got 2 questions:

1) What did the Rb do after the 2pt conversion to get a unsportsmanlike? I didn't see anything at all

2) Scored with 11 seconds was 10 when going to line ND qb said should be 1 more so the UM time keeper moved it to 9 and ball went out as clock was hitting 0, should have been 2, and ND should have had a Hail Mary chance. Even ESPN listed the time for about 15 miutes as ND on their own 47 with 2 seconds left. What happened to those 2 seconds?

1) Did he throw the ball or something? I wasn't really sure because I wasn't watching too closely.

2) The reasoning I heard was that the returner touched the ball before it went into the endzone and out of bounds. I guess that they determined it took 2 seconds to go out of bounds.

I'm just glad to know Notre Dame is now officially (unofficially) out of the NC picture now. With their my little buddycat schedule and at least one loss, I highly doubt they could surpass any one loss team from a conference.

Well done Michigan!

Edited by millerx

Armando Allen put his finger to his mouth and weny Shhhsssssshhhh. Seriously, he got a the penalty for that.

Chuck started to air it out with a little over a minute left because Armando Allen was hurt the play before and the back up running back has fumbled a ton recently. If he did try to run out the clock, Michigan had TOs and NDs FR punter has crapped the bed every attempt he has had. I am not a Weis supporter, but I understand it. Throw long and look for a PI call we couldnt get all ngiht.

I have never been one to put officiating on the game. But the Holding call on the long pass play to rudolph, Michigan tackling Golden Tate on almost every long ball and calling Armando out of bounds on the screen pass TD- completely homer.

Michigan and their QB looked great/

Edited by dirtdickens

As a long time Domer fan, I must say that Charlie has done more damage to this program than the Bikini Atoll testing did to mothballed battleships. He is a pariah. No excuses--it wasn't the players. It is simple game management.

He dropped a couple, including a sure TD, but there is no doubt that ND has some really nice weapons on offense, especially the WR position. Special teams killed them today... KO return for TD, missed FG (inside 30 yards) early, etc. Of course, a defensive stop late sure could have helped as well. Personally, I'm not a real big fan of Weis' play-calling... poor clock management and I don't think they should have gone for two when down 31-26 with 9+ minutes to play. I know it gets them within three points, but in a high-scoring game, you have to think about the effect of not converting, assuming one or both teams scores again (which they both did). That particular call didn't necessarily hurt them or cost them the game, but I think Weis' overall game management (along with the ST blunders) may have.

I think he was talking about Tate Forcier being a stud, not Golden?

Fun to watch as a Michigan fan. I can't remember the last weekend Michigan won and OSU lost.