[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jake Delhomme

bushwacked

The locals are going to be out for blood tonight. Delhomme may want to pull a Modell and drive that moving van out of town tonight! The local fan base has been brutally hard on him all offseason, and he shat the bed today. They're going to be calling for his head tomorrow. And they owe him 20 million in guaranteed money!

I'm not sure the Panthers have any choice but to try and rehab Delhomme. I've been of the opinion for a while now that he has leaned on Smitty's talent too heavily. Without Smitty, I'm not sure Delhomme is a viable NFL QB. The reason that no #2 WR succeeds in Car is that Delhomme can;t get him the ball. LAst year's success in the running game bought Delhomme some slack, but yesterday, PHI shut down Smith and their front 4 handled the Panthers running game. He forces the ball to smith in bad situations, because that's all he knows how to do, and for 2 games now, the defense has taken advantage of it. HE's going to have to learn to distribute the ball.

They gave him how much in the off season ? What were they thinking ? Apprently the owners didn't watch that Arizona playoff game.

Hard to watch football with a :wacko: over your head...

If I'm Jeff Garcia, I was on the phone with Jerry Richardson before the first half was even over...

I am amazed Garcia was not picked up, unless he's still asking too much $ and/or going on about having a shot to start, which personally I think is probably overblown - he must have realistically known he didn't have a shot at being the go-to guy even in OAK. And he is easily better than the most if not all of the backups out there.

cmon Panthers, I have freaking Wms and this is going to kill is value :wacko:

Edited by BeeR

Panthers signed QB A.J. Feeley, formerly of the Eagles.

Philadelphia wanted him back, but Feeley has a better shot to start multiple games in Carolina, where starter Jake Delhomme is showing decreased arm strength and forcing passes into heavy coverage in an apparent attempt to compensate. Feeley may need a few weeks to learn OC Jeff Davidson's offense, but will be a threat to Delhomme's job if Carolina's starter continues to implode. Consider grabbing Feeley in two-quarterback leagues.

The locals are going to be out for blood tonight. Delhomme may want to pull a Modell and drive that moving van out of town tonight! The local fan base has been brutally hard on him all offseason, and he shat the bed today. They're going to be calling for his head tomorrow. And they owe him 20 million in guaranteed money!

Wasn't that Irsay that pulled that trick with the Colts in the middle of the night?

Maybe we shouldn't give up on Delhomme yet, I mean, was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Matt Moore. Yikes.