[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Laveraneus Coles?

mroban

I didnt see that much of the game, so Im not sure if this is just one to chalk up to Champ Bailey. Im not going to panic too much as I suppose Caldwell in the slot had the better matchups.

But geez.

worst part is that Caldwell wears Coles' old 87 so I kept seeing catches by 87 in the corner of my GameMix and then only later did I realize it was in fact not Coles.

Watching Devery Henderson go off on my bench did not make it any better. Im sure Ill plug Henderson in next week and he will do his disappearing act. Had him a few years ago and never started him during one of his big games, only the duds.

Now if only Chris Henry can start doing all the little things, the job will be his. Coles looked equally as bad as Jake Delhomme, albiet at different positions.

Great. I have Coles and Steve Smith. Smith is the greater concern of course due to Jake the Fake, but I thought I had a nice # 3 WR w/ Coles. I hate it when Week 1 blows.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, we're two weeks in now and he has 3 catches for 20 yards and 1 score. In other words, he's been about as productive as a team's 2nd or 3rd TE. I'm ready to cut him loose, but man...the guy has been solid for YEARS and this was setting up as potentially one of his best seasons ever. I'm guessing that with the committment to the running game, Henry's head back on straight, and Caldwell emerging, there's just not enough looks to go around. Is that how the rest of you are reading it?

he's in a new system with a new qb - let's cut him a little slack (it's only been 2 games). as someone else already said, he's been a very good WR for years . . . it's not like he just up and forgot how to play.

Don't panic after two weeks. Palmer missed pretty much the entire preseason. They don't have their timing down yet. I expect a big game in one of the next two games.

No better time that vs the Steelers this week who always play Chad tough. Coles is getting the playing time because he is such an excellent blocker, so I don't have any worries that someone else will take over his spot.

Coles made a big impression on me last week without putting up numbers. It was 3rd and a mile (I think it was 3 and 25 due to some penalty’s) from our own end zone. Palmer finds our TE Coates wide open. He crosses the first down marker and gets the ball stripped. Coles was Mr. Johnny on the spot, and jumped right on the loose ball. He kept hustling and running beside Coates. That's the kind of hustle play that gets you noticed by your coaching staff and teammates. Like I said, a big game is coming soon.

Coles made a big impression on me last week without putting up numbers. It was 3rd and a mile (I think it was 3 and 25 due to some penalty’s) from our own end zone. Palmer finds our TE Coates wide open. He crosses the first down marker and gets the ball stripped. Coles was Mr. Johnny on the spot, and jumped right on the loose ball. He kept hustling and running beside Coates. That's the kind of hustle play that gets you noticed by your coaching staff and teammates. Like I said, a big game is coming soon.

3rd and 34. :wacko:

The fumble occured short of the first-down marker, then was recovered ahead of it. :D

Edited by Big John

Still doesn't trump 4th and 26. :wacko:

Please understand if I don't feel sorry for you. At least you guys have won a playoff game in the last 20 years. Only Lions Bengals and Browns fans should be able to use this :D:D:D

Even Cardinals fans can't wear the bag anymore.

Edited by Capt. Stanky

• 2 weeks later...