[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colston

splotchman

I hate to be greedy, but Colston only got 1 out of Brees' 6 TDs. I was expecting a HUGH day, but honestly I was less than impressed with the 3-30-1. Especially with Shockey getting 2 TDs. :wacko:

Anybody watch this game? Were they blanketing him? Or I am more assuming Brees was just spreading the ball around.

Colston has never showed himself to be consistently involved in the passing game after his promising rookie season, heputs up numbers in spurts.. Brees spreads the ball all over the place. I'm sure Colston will have some big games, but he smacked of the guy that I'd let someone else pick in the late 2nd round.

I hate to be greedy, but Colston only got 1 out of Brees' 6 TDs. I was expecting a HUGH day, but honestly I was less than impressed with the 3-30-1. Especially with Shockey getting 2 TDs. :wacko:

Anybody watch this game? Were they blanketing him? Or I am more assuming Brees was just spreading the ball around.

He was spreading the ball around.

He had a couple of drops and/or one uncatchable thrown to him. Don't expect the drops to continue as he typically has great hands. The point is, he got a good amount of targets so the production should still be there this year. The problem is there are just so many weapons to choose from for Brees. :wacko:

thanks, is that the free one or the paid one?

also looking for stats on game day, if anyone knows one.

I'm calling bulls&%t on the team in your sig. That team is only possible in a 2 team league drafting against your cat.

Tuesday morning I'm waiving him for Devery Henderson.

lol

I've must have picked up Henderson a dozen times. I start him, he has 2 catches for 40 yards. I bench him, and he has a hugh game.

i don't like that guy.

Colston has never showed himself to be consistently involved in the passing game after his promising rookie season, heputs up numbers in spurts.. Brees spreads the ball all over the place. I'm sure Colston will have some big games, but he smacked of the guy that I'd let someone else pick in the late 2nd round.

You don't know what your talking about. He is one of the most consistent WR's in the game. Last year, the last 6 weeks of the season he was fantasy gold except for 1 week when he was a turd. Since WR's typically only touch the ball about 6 times per game most WR's will have spurts. Colston remains one of the more consistently strong WR's. He scored 21, 16, 5, 21, 30,27 FP's for me. Fantastic and consistent numbers for the stretch run. The year before that he was held to 5 games below double digit scoring and averaged just under 18 pts. per game in my PPR league. He's been nothing but a great receiver.

You don't know what your talking about. He is one of the most consistent WR's in the game. Last year, the last 6 weeks of the season he was fantasy gold except for 1 week when he was a turd.

I realize that WRs are streaky in scoring by nature, but Colston is moreso than other "studs." If Manning throws for 350 yards and 6 TDs, Reggie Wayne will almost certainly have more than 3 catches for 30 yards.

Colston was the 22nd scoring WR last year in average points per game (PPR leagues). He played in 11 games last year, he scored his first TD in week 12 and nearly half his games were duds. He had good games in weeks 15, 16, and 17. In 2007 he had 7 games with 4 catches or less, in which he again started the season fairly slow and heated up for the last part of the season in which he ended up as the #10 scoring WR (average points).

I stand by my statement, for a #1 WR on such a high potent offense, he is frustratingly inconsistent. Despite Brees puts up big numbers in almost every game, Colston runs hot or cold, it's been that way for 2 years.

Edited by bushwacked

Colston was the 22nd scoring WR last year in average points per game (PPR leagues). He played in 11 games last year, he scored his first TD in week 12 and nearly half his games were duds. He had good games in weeks 15, 16, and 17. In 2007 he had a had 7 games with 4 catches or less, in which he again started the season fairly slow and heated up for the last part of the season.

I stand by my statement, for a #1 WR on such a high potent offense, he is frustratingly inconsistent.

Brilliant.

He gets hurt week 1 and is out until week 7 when he clearly was not ready to play. Week one he has 3 catches and week 7 he has 0.

After that he scores 7, 21, 6, 21,16, 5, 21, 30, and 27. So that's 3 weeks of average to bad, and the rest absolutely starting FF numbers. Comparing the best WR A. Johnson last year over that period of time, AJ avg'd just over 20 pts. per game while Colston avg'd just over 17 pts. per game. That's awfully close for a player that is, as you so completely inconsistent.

Others during that period of time Megatron - just over 19

R. White - just over 16

Jennings - just under 15

Also, here's a list of the number of players that scored 11 pts. or fewer in a PPR last year.

AJ - 4

CJ - 5

RWhite - 6

Marshall - 4

Colston - 5

And a list of players that scored less than 11 in a PPR in 2007.

RMoss - 8

AJ- 4

Owens - 6

Wayne - 7

Colston - 7

So again, as far as WR's go Colston is as consistent as basically any of them (except for Fitz last year) when he plays.

Edited by NAUgrad

Brilliant.

:wacko: How many games last year was Colston the highest scoring WR/TE on his team? 2? 3? How many times was he outscored by the likes of Moore, Schokey, Miller, or Henderson?

Yesterday's showing seems to be a trend that other top tieresh WRs don't undergo on a routine basis.

If Colston consistently puts up points this year, I'll clearly be in the wrong, but for a WR1 I was perfectly willing to let someone else take a chance on him this year.

Edited by bushwacked

:wacko: How many games last year was Colston the highest scoring WR/TE on his team? 2? 3? How many times was he outscored by the likes of Moore, Schokey, Miller, or Henderson?

Yesterday's showing seems to be a trend that other top tieresh WRs don't undergo on a routine basis.

If Colston consistently puts up points this year, I'll clearly be in the wrong, but for a WR1 I was perfectly willing to let someone else take a chance on him this year.

Why don't you come back with an argument that actually makes sense based on the thread. Do you have anything to add to the discussion at this point?

............thought so.