[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

forte in ppr may be bad news

kickureface

and he might not be.

Think about it. GB was mixing it up all night and the Backs were staying in all night to block and get Olsen and other TE's out in the patterns.

In turn - showing every other team on the Bears schedule how to shut down their offense.. :wacko:

While Forte will catch passes in the future, it was obvious that the offense was not the same as it was when all Orton could do was flip it to Forte or throw to Olsen. Cutler actually looked for the WR. Last year, Forte was the leading receiver for the team followed by Olsen. Yesterday, Cutler hit all three wideouts the most and no tight end or running back had more than one catch each. That is why they brought in Cutler - to throw down the field. He did not settle down until the second half but that is who Cutler is - a gunslinger who likes to throw deep. Forte will not be getting so many passes this year and there wasn't any intention to do that again with him anyway. If I owned Forte, I would be more worried about his 2.2 yard rushing average since they want him to focus on being a runner more this year.

I still believe in Cutler. Hes a good QB with a strong arm. Except this year he doesn't have stud WR Brandon Marshall to throw to. The Bears O line was getting ran over, and his receivers were missing routes and dropping passes. Forte was shut down for the most part, forcing Cutler to have to throw which then made it predictable for the Packs D to pick em off. It's not all Cutlers fault, but the Bears looked sloppy.

and he might not be.

Think about it. GB was mixing it up all night and the Backs were staying in all night to block and get Olsen and other TE's out in the patterns.

To add on what DMD mentioned above about Cutler looking for his WRs.... I'd worry more about Olsen than Forte. Clark was injured so that may now benefit Olsen. Olsen was also lined up at fullback (not 'H' back) quite a bit all night to block for Forte and Cutler.

Edited by kingfish247

In turn - showing every other team on the Bears schedule how to shut down their offense.. :wacko:

This may be the homer in me, but the Packers 3-4 is going to give people problems all year long. Pickett, Jenkins, Raji, and Jolley are monsters that will rotate in on the 3-4 to keep fresh, Chillar is a beast in a 3-4 scheme, and even AJ Hawk looks to have gained some nastiness this off season. The secondary is a very solid group. I think 8-9 teams run a true 3-4 system, so it's not as if the bears will see this every week.

I also think Cutler remembers where Forte is if he has another game like last night. A check down for 5 yards is not a failed play.

While Forte will catch passes in the future, it was obvious that the offense was not the same as it was when all Orton could do was flip it to Forte or throw to Olsen. Cutler actually looked for the WR. Last year, Forte was the leading receiver for the team followed by Olsen. Yesterday, Cutler hit all three wideouts the most and no tight end or running back had more than one catch each. That is why they brought in Cutler - to throw down the field. He did not settle down until the second half but that is who Cutler is - a gunslinger who likes to throw deep. Forte will not be getting so many passes this year and there wasn't any intention to do that again with him anyway. If I owned Forte, I would be more worried about his 2.2 yard rushing average since they want him to focus on being a runner more this year.

My thoughts, almost exactly. And an angle few looked at. Everyone just assumed: better QB = more receptions for Forte and Olsen. Could be quite the opposite...

My thoughts, almost exactly. And an angle few looked at. Everyone just assumed: better QB = more receptions for Forte and Olsen. Could be quite the opposite...

Cutler rarely threw to the RB in denver...but he didn't have a RB who could catch like Forte...

there are two possibilities.....1. he could come around and see one of his better options as a checkdown receiver being Forte.....or 2. he could do what he always has done...

I'd bet on #2...

If CHI wanted a QB to throw a lot to the RB, why would they get rid of Orton? Cutler is somewhat the opposite of what Orton is as a quarterback. Why would they acquire Cutler with the intention of making him more like what they just got rid of?

Good News: It's only one week, so maybe this zero catch game was an anomaly.

Bad News: Cutler chooses to force a throw into coverage much more often than check down to Forte.

Good News: Forte is still going to be on the field most of the time, so opportunity will be there.

Bad News: Do the Bears ever throw a screen pass? Did they run any screens against the Packers?

If CHI wanted a QB to throw a lot to the RB, why would they get rid of Orton? Cutler is somewhat the opposite of what Orton is as a quarterback. Why would they acquire Cutler with the intention of making him more like what they just got rid of?

it's not so much that as it isthrowing to your best options.....

Hester isn't the best option, but he's the most explosive....and Bennett could be, so we'll see...

but the best options are probably Olsen and Forte based on where they would be catching the ball and what can be done with it...

No "everyone" didn't assume that, in fact only a complete idiot assumed that. I knew Forte's receps were going down - I just don't expect them to freaking disappear. And as DMD said, I'm more worried about his running. Or more to the point, the OL. :wacko:

No "everyone" didn't assume that, in fact only a complete idiot assumed that. I knew Forte's receps were going down - I just don't expect them to freaking disappear. And as DMD said, I'm more worried about his running. Or more to the point, the OL. :wacko:

exactly....Cutler rarely threw to the Denver RB's, but they didn't exactly have anyone that can catch and run like Forte did...

so I wouldn't expect him to have too many 0 catch games...but he'll max out at about 3 on any given week...

This may be the homer in me, but the Packers 3-4 is going to give people problems all year long. Pickett, Jenkins, Raji, and Jolley are monsters that will rotate in on the 3-4 to keep fresh, Chillar is a beast in a 3-4 scheme, and even AJ Hawk looks to have gained some nastiness this off season. The secondary is a very solid group.

yes, its the homer in you...