[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

An example for you who are disappointed with Wells, Moreno, Coffee, etc..

DMD

One time a guy in my league drafted a "hot" rookie RB.

Week one - the player had 2 carries for 8 yards vs DAL

Week two - the player had 2 carries for 4 yards. vs PIT

He dropped him. I picked him up.

Week three - 103 yards on 13 carries (one long one) on my bench. @IND

Week four - 3 carries for 3 yards @WAS

From week five onward - pure gold.

Maurice Jones-Drew rna for 941 yards and 13 TDs, with 46 catches for 436 yards and two more scores. He literally won me $10k.

Thing about rookie RBs - they pretty much always start slowly unless there is no other backs to carry the ball.

I just love the waiver wire in week two and three. I am sure you guys all have your own story as well.

Yeah - I'll drop Moreno and he'll catch fire :wacko:

OK not about to do that obviously and yeah Moreno and Wells (even Brown and McCoy) owners should be happy to have them (assuming they don't have to start them) and bide their time. At least one is highly likely to start producing big soon.

Maurice Jones-Drew rna for 941 yards and 13 TDs, with 46 catches for 436 yards and two more scores. He literally won me $10k.

Thing about rookie RBs - they pretty much always start slowly unless there is no other backs to carry the ball.

I just love the waiver wire in week two and three. I am sure you guys all have your own story as well.

That happened with another pal of mine that picked Turner off the waiver after the owner was dissappointed with his early performance.

I'm happy with Donald Brown so far. Not so thrilled with Crabtree. It's early though.

I have Donald Brown in two leagues ...

In one of those leagues my other backs are Addai, LT, Benson, and Felix Jones

In the other league (keeper) the other backs I have are Addai, Moreno, Kevin Smith and McGahee

In none of my leagues did I start Brown, Addai or Moreno.

I have one, but from the opposite viewpoint. In 1998, I was in a league that required us to start 2 RBs, but could only roster 3. I ended up drafting a couple of hyped up rookies to go with Curtis Martin. Neither of the rookies ended up playing much the first couple of weeks necessitating me making a roster move to have a 2nd RB that was at least getting some carries. Because one of my rookies was playing behind a guy who had gone off for over 100 yards rushing in weeks 1 and 2, I didn't think the rookie would get much of a chance that year, so I cut him and picked up another RB (I believe that was Duce Staley).

Anyway, the rookie I cut was Fred Taylor. The next week, James Stewart (at the time the Jaguars starting RB) suffered a season ending injury, and Taylor went on to have over 1600 total yards and 17 total TDs the rest of the year. I believe I ended up finishing 2nd that year anyway, but the guy who was able to claim Taylor off waivers ended up winning the league, and that guy would have been me had I just waited one more week on my hotshot rookie RB (or had I cut Robert Holcombe instead, my other hotshot rookie RB :wacko:).

Edited by Skrappy1

My Cinderella story is a bit different. Took Portis his rookie year late in the second round and kept him. Won that Supe, but it was more like 600 bucks, not 10k! Slaton as an original draft pick helped me win some money last year.

You think Beanie is a candidate this year?

we're hoping that something happens to a bunch of starting RBs, like, say, they decide to retire early. :wacko:

Well the Colts didn't draft Brown there to have him sit on the bench... although Addai did look semi-decent on Saturday.

McCoy is going to get time eventually. Westbrook will break something.

As for the rest of those guys... :D