[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

best WR in FOOTBALL

kickureface

The way I look at it, it needs to be a player that can make an impact no matter the circumstance. Moss SUCKED in raider land but has an all star QB throwing passes to him and I think Wayne would only be marginal IMHO but also has an all star QB throwing passes.

In orders how I would rate them.

C. Johnson - Because he's had nothing but crap throwing to him but has still performed extremely well and would be an outstaning WR if he had an offense.

Fitzy - This guy has talent, I don't think anyone can refute that and I think he could make an impact with any team.

White - Has a decent QB throwing to him, but his ability to get yards after the catch and has grown and learned the game better than anyone I've seen.

Just my two cents.

Edited by BearBroncos

Again, I revert back to how well did Moss do while at the Raiders?

And how well did he do in the other 9 seasons he has played? In his first year in Oakland he had 1005 and 8. That's a long way from poor. He has had one below average season in his entire career. He has 135 receiving touchdowns in 170 games.

In fact compared to Rice, his receiving touchdowns per game look like this.

Jerry Rice career=0.65 per game

Jerry Rice as a 49er=0.74 per game

Randy Moss career=0.79 per game

I'm not debating whether he is better than Rice, that is for the future, but the stats don't lie. Granted touchdowns are not the only important stat but he has plenty of others I can bring up. He is the best WR other than Rice, now or ever.

Edited by Sleeping King

Steve Smith of the Panthers. Absolutely the toughest and most physical receiver in NFL. Even when Delhomme looks only for him and teams pull the safety over to double him on routes he still catches the ball (sometimes thrown poorly) in traffic and does not go down on the first hit....if he had Warner, Rodgers, Brady,etc throwing to him he would be so big of a monster WR, others would pale in comparison. :wacko:

Steve Smith of the Panthers. Absolutely the toughest and most physical receiver in NFL. Even when Delhomme looks only for him and teams pull the safety over to double him on routes he still catches the ball (sometimes thrown poorly) in traffic and does not go down on the first hit....if he had Warner, Rodgers, Brady,etc throwing to him he would be so big of a monster WR, others would pale in comparison. :wacko:

Hey, 5 INT Delhome, imma let you finished but...

Randy Moss is the best WR this era.

I wish Andre Johnson (or Calvin Johnson for that matter) had GOOD QBs throwing to them, so they would get the respect they deserve. Of course you all know I am going to say Andre, but unless you are watching him on a weekly basis you don't really realize how good he is.

I think Fitz is probably #2, but it makes it a ton easier when you have Warner throwing and Boldin on the other side.

And how well did he do in the other 9 seasons he has played? In his first year in Oakland he had 1005 and 8. That's a long way from poor. He has had one below average season in his entire career. He has 135 receiving touchdowns in 170 games.

In fact compared to Rice, his receiving touchdowns per game look like this.

Jerry Rice career=0.65 per game

Jerry Rice as a 49er=0.74 per game

Randy Moss career=0.79 per game

I'm not debating whether he is better than Rice, that is for the future, but the stats don't lie. Granted touchdowns are not the only important stat but he has plenty of others I can bring up. He is the best WR other than Rice, now or ever.

I notice you showed only the first year that Moss was in Oakland. His 2006 season brought 553 receiving yards and 3 TD's. Or how about the last year in Min? 767 receiving yards and 13 TD's. Not to say he could have done better, but his attitude is why he was traded. He refused to perform to get traded and in my opinion, that makes for a bad player. You play hard for what ever team your with. That's what I LOVED about Berry Sanders. A horrid team and probably the worst offensive line in the NFL but he played hard and did amazing things and never whined about it. That's why I give Calvin better marks than Moss.

Granted, this is just my opinion.

I notice you showed only the first year that Moss was in Oakland. His 2006 season brought 553 receiving yards and 3 TD's. Or how about the last year in Min? 767 receiving yards and 13 TD's. Not to say he could have done better, but his attitude is why he was traded. He refused to perform to get traded and in my opinion, that makes for a bad player. You play hard for what ever team your with. That's what I LOVED about Berry Sanders. A horrid team and probably the worst offensive line in the NFL but he played hard and did amazing things and never whined about it. That's why I give Calvin better marks than Moss.

Granted, this is just my opinion.

In 2004 he scored 13 times and only played 13 games. He's been injured twice and both season are his worst 2004 and 2006. Calvin is tremendous but how about this,

Calvin's rookie season he had 756 and 4. Now I'm sure you will say he was just a rookie. Well Moss went for 1313 and 17 as a rookie. The other excuse will be that he was hurt. Well like I mentioned that is the only thing that has ever caused a bad season for Moss. And one of those "bad seasons" he scored 13 touchdowns.

In 2004 he scored 13 times and only played 13 games. He's been injured twice and both season are his worst 2004 and 2006. Calvin is tremendous but how about this,

Calvin's rookie season he had 756 and 4. Now I'm sure you will say he was just a rookie. Well Moss went for 1313 and 17 as a rookie. The other excuse will be that he was hurt. Well like I mentioned that is the only thing that has ever caused a bad season for Moss. And one of those "bad seasons" he scored 13 touchdowns.

I won't use him being a rookie as an excuse and I do see your argument. I'm just a person who takes the players attitude into account and Moss had some serious Geoff George moments in his younger years. In this case, my opinion is tainted.