[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

seymore

Bug Hunters

I think the Pats D missed him tonight. Not sure the Pats made the right call on this one, but Hoodie usually knows what he's doing.

They'll miss him for sure this year. Hell, they missed him last night.

Thing is, contract talks with him have never gone smoothly and this is his last year in the current contract. They've got Wilfork coming up for a contract too, and Brady's deal is also coming to an end. They were never going to be able to resign Seymour for what he thinks he's worth, so when they were offered a 1st for him, I think it was kind of a no-brainer to take what you can get -- and a 1st from Oakland is pretty valuable.

Exactly. They should get the credit usually reserved for Mr Genius Polian.

You're right. The Pats never get any credit for their personnel moves. All everyone talks about is Polian.

:wacko:

Edited by CaptainHook

You're right. The Pats never get any credit for their personnel moves. All everyone talks about is Polian.

Not what I meant. Bad wording on my part I guess. But if you throw out the topic "best personnel guy in the NFL," I think most will say Polian. Which aint exactly a bad choice, btw. But I'll take NE's moves and decision-making on the whole over Mr Genius.

Anyway, Seymour did look really good and make a real diff. Not like OAK didn't get a valuable addition. I just wonder how it's going to play out cap-wise.....

PS you know Seymour's gotta be pissed though. :wacko: Could there have been worse thing for a player than going from NE to OAK? IND to DET maybe? Nah even that can't compare.

Edited by BeeR