[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Michael Bush

MrTed46

I picked him up in the last round of the draft. I know he is good, just not sure on how many carries he gets. If McFadden gets dinged up, I think he is a viable starter. And their running game looked better last night than it has in years. I have been a Raider fan since George Blanda and I'm afraid to get too excited on one game, but they did look better than they have in a long time last night.

i've got first pick in our priority waiver wire and mike bell and michael bush are both there. i'm leaning toward bush and am considering dropping earnest graham for him. i know there's been only one week of football, but i liked that bush was in there at the goalline, and graham doesn't leave me with much hope for his situation.

I think it'll be easy to call...

pretty much a 50/50 split each week with the same risk....

and Bush will likely be the GL back...

McFadden had 17 carries to Bush's 12 last night; I didn't notice until the 2nd half how much McFadden was lining up at WR. They both looked pretty good IMO. In PPR leagues McFadden figures to be the most valuable RB on the team, heck, with his break away ability,he still may be the better option in non PPR.

McFadden had 17 carries to Bush's 12 last night; I didn't notice until the 2nd half how much McFadden was lining up at WR. They both looked pretty good IMO. In PPR leagues McFadden figures to be the most valuable RB on the team, heck, with his break away ability,he still may be the better option in non PPR.

it's still tough to gauge after one game because I saw them out on the field almost equally...

and Bush saw some throws as well...

but McFadden lining up at WR definitely favors him in a PPR...

I think it'll be easy to call...

pretty much a 50/50 split each week with the same risk....

and Bush will likely be the GL back...

I felt that way until last night when they started passing a lot at the end to McFadden. There was a bad pass from Jamarcas to DMC in the 1st half that had it been caught, DMC would have been gone. His speed and agility make me think he is the break out yardage player if he gets open.

[With Pierre Thomas dinged up, Ronnie Brown looking off and my other RBs having bad matchups, I am thinking of putting Bush in against KC this week to go along with Chris Johnson. It is a TD league ONLY so Bush, to me, has way more value than McFadden since I believe if either of them is going to approach 10 TDs, it will be Bush with his goalline work.

I love that I didn't take McFadden in the 5th and instead took Bush in the 12th. So far.

We got Bush late in the WCOFF draft. From what I saw last night he could easily become our flex player.

I'm tempted to drop Fred Jackson for him. Most likely they are in the same situation with their respective teams and you have to like the OAK run game a bit more than BUF

really? at this point in time Jackson is the man in B-lo. Bush is still splitting carries with dmc.

Jerry McDonald, of InsideBayArea.com, reports on his Twitter feed that Raiders head coach Tom Cable said that there will be two primary runners in each game, one of which will be the starter, Darren McFadden. Cable refused to commit one back as the #2, and called Michael Bush and Justin Fargas "backups".

Cable said he will stick with the two-back system from Monday: McFadden as the starter, the backup getting his own share of carries. Bush was the backup Monday. Fargas could get a turn, too. There won't be a third back used in a single game unless there's an injury.

So who's No. 2? Cable hasn't decided, and it could change week to week depending on the game plan and opponent.

"Justin Fargas is proven and proven in this system," Cable said. "There's plenty of us to go around. What it does is, it brings a couple of more packages into the offense, which is kind of nice, so, hopefully, we'll get to do some of that this week."

Our view: We believe Bush will be more effective in short yardage and as a receiver than Justin Fargas. This statement gives a glimmer of light to Fargas's possible value this year, but we wouldn't drop Bush.

Edited by damageinc

Fargas was injured, otherwise it would have been a three back rotation.

Fargas is basically done now and an afterthought on this team, just as I thought he would be coming into this season. I stated in another thread that I believed that DMC would be starter and that Bush would end up playing a bigger role while Fargas would be the odd man out. You told me to go ahead and drink the kool-aid and boy am I glad that I did. I enjoy your view on the Raiders KP, as I know you're a big homer but your assessment on their backfield was way off in the preseason and continues to be IMO. Time will tell what will happen with Fargas and what role he'll play but it''ll be tough to give him anything worth while if DMC and Bush are playing well and complimenting each other nicely.