[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Official Week 2 Wagering Thread

kroyrunner89

Here's an early look at the lines this week, I'll edit and update them Thursday or Friday.

Week 2 Lines:

Raiders +3 @ Chiefs 38

Texans +6.5 @ Titans 41

Patriots -3.5 @ Jets 45.5

Bengals +9 @ Packers 42

Vikings -10 @ Lions 45

Saints -1 @ Eagles 46

Panthers +6 @ Falcons 42.5

Rams +10 @ Redskins 36.5

Cardinals +3 @ Jaguars 42

Seahawks +1.5 @ 49ers 39.5

Bucs +4.5 @ Bills 42

Browns +3 @ Broncos 38.5

Ravens +3 @ Chargers 40

Steelers -3 @ Bears 37.5

Giants +3 @ Cowboys 44.5

Colts -3 @ Dolphins 42

Good luck this week everyone!

Edited by kroyrunner89

I was the first to give you the Saints last week, and I'll be the first to hand you the Falcons this week. Until Jake Delhomme proves to me he understands he's supposed to throw the ball to the players wearing the same uniform as he is, I don't see how he can lead his team to a victory - let alone keep them within 6 pts. Sure Atlanta wasn't spectacular against Miami, but Miami's defense is better than Carolina, IMO. Atlanta shouldn't have too much trouble putting up 24 pts (minimal). Figure Turner at least doubles his poor performance from Week 1 and Roddy White as well. I don't see how Carolina's offense scores more than 17 pts. Therefore, take the Falcons @ home and lay the points.

I'll also recommend the Vikes -9.5 @ Detroit. Sure the Lions played the Vikes tough last year both times, but again I will go against a rookie QB making his now 2nd career start. New Orleans' defense is not good and the Lions only scored 2 TD's against them (the Lions 3rd TD was a fumble return TD). The Lions will not be able to run the ball against Minnesota (not many teams can though), so it will be up to Stafford to beat the Vikes through the air. Sure Calvin Johnson is a monster, and maybe he gets 100+ and a couple TD's - where else is the offense coming from? As long as AD's case of fumble-itis doesn't return, he will run silly - and Chester could very well hit the 100 yd mark too. This is another game where Favre can become familiar with his new teammates and won't have to worry about winning it with his arm. AD will cover this spread by himself (with help from his O-line). Take the Vikes and lay the points against the awful Lions. Thank you, may I please have another!!!

Edited by countrychuck

does Pitt look like a big trap to anybody else? I guess homefield advantage and expecting cutler to become cutler again. Did the bears trade for jesus at WR?

jets +5 looks ok, under possible also, reasons are that the Jets defense is tough. But then there is Brady and Moss? The Pats Defense is soft like twinkie filling. Do not sleep on Sanchez he will get the job done, if not TJ and Leon will. This should go under, as we see a lot of short passes from NE and slow running from Jets managed game.

Still looking at totals

Right now I really like the Ravens Over 40.5. The chargers will have a depleted oline but are still hard to keep from scoring. I guess the oddsmakers have the Ravens doing most of the scoring and on the ground taking a page out of the Raiders playbook. The Raiders had wrs open all day but Russell sucks and couldn't get the rock to them. Flacco will!

Edited by hollywood_69

does Pitt look like a big trap to anybody else? I guess homefield advantage and expecting cutler to become cutler again. Did the bears trade for jesus at WR?

jets +5 looks ok, under possible also, reasons are that the Jets defense is tough. But then there is Brady and Moss? The Pats Defense is soft like twinkie filling. Do not sleep on Sanchez he will get the job done, if not TJ and Leon will. This should go under, as we see a lot of short passes from NE and slow running from Jets managed game.

Still looking at totals

Right now I really like the Ravens Over 40.5. The chargers will have a depleted oline but are still hard to keep from scoring. I guess the oddsmakers have the Ravens doing most of the scoring and on the ground taking a page out of the Raiders playbook. The Raiders had wrs open all day but Russell sucks and couldn't get the rock to them. Flacco will!

Pitt looks like a huge trap, I may ride the Bears in that one I haven't decided yet. Patriots game is very iffy for me, Brady looked much better in the second half of the Buffalo game, even before his two tds. Will he show up Sunday?

I'll also recommend the Vikes -9.5 @ Detroit. Sure the Lions played the Vikes tough last year both times, but again I will go against a rookie QB making his now 2nd career start. New Orleans' defense is not good and the Lions only scored 2 TD's against them (the Lions 3rd TD was a fumble return TD). The Lions will not be able to run the ball against Minnesota (not many teams can though), so it will be up to Stafford to beat the Vikes through the air. Sure Calvin Johnson is a monster, and maybe he gets 100+ and a couple TD's - where else is the offense coming from? As long as AD's case of fumble-itis doesn't return, he will run silly - and Chester could very well hit the 100 yd mark too. This is another game where Favre can become familiar with his new teammates and won't have to worry about winning it with his arm. AD will cover this spread by himself (with help from his O-line). Take the Vikes and lay the points against the awful Lions. Thank you, may I please have another!!!

At first sight it looks so good to take the vikings at less than 10......but it worries me a bit because it looks too easy.

what is it now, lower? higher? I thought 5 was a good number. 6 would get more action from jets fans, and 4 may get 99% pats bettors!!

Yeah it's Pats -3.5 now. It's interesting because the line flew that way, yet 68% of the public are on the Pats. That means that the heavy money is coming in on the Jets.

yea if i didnt kill my roll on college foots i may have jumped on jets, the only problem is Brady and Moss and the other weapons. I mean why else would you just trade one of the best d linemen in the league? Because you don't need him if your throwing up 40 a game like in 07

it's very hard to bet against the pats

also I was thinking about the Pitt line, it might be right. Considering that polawhatever is going to be out. Think about what he brings on the defensive side, the steelers d will nowhere be the same without him. I mean he was all over the place vs Tenn last week, that's saying something considering Tenn has 1 of the fastest rbs in the league. This thought alone along with the line has me putting in forte to start, usually i dont start rbs against pitt. HMM......

Edited by hollywood_69

Raiders +3 @ Chiefs 39

Using the first game (above) as an example... The +3 means that the Raiders are being "given" 3 points, or the Chiefs are favored to win by 3. A line of -3 would mean that the team is "giving" three points, or that they are favored to win by 3. You could bet on the Raiders (+3), which basically would mean that you think they will win OR lose by two points or less... Or you could bet on the Chiefs, meaning that they win by four points or more. A Chiefs win by 3 would typically be a "push", where you don't win or lose your bet.

The Over/Under total of 39 simply means that you can bet on the point total (both teams combined)... betting on the "over" would mean that you think they'll score 40 or more points, whereas betting on the "under" would mean that you think they'll score 38 or less.

Hope that helps. :wacko:

Raiders +3 @ Chiefs 39

Using the first game (above) as an example... The +3 means that the Raiders are being "given" 3 points, or the Chiefs are favored to win by 3. A line of -3 would mean that the team is "giving" three points, or that they are favored to win by 3. You could bet on the Raiders (+3), which basically would mean that you think they will win OR lose by two points or less... Or you could bet on the Chiefs, meaning that they win by four points or more. A Chiefs win by 3 would typically be a "push", where you don't win or lose your bet.

The Over/Under total of 39 simply means that you can bet on the point total (both teams combined)... betting on the "over" would mean that you think they'll score 40 or more points, whereas betting on the "under" would mean that you think they'll score 38 or less.

Hope that helps. :D

It did a lot, thanks. Btw, I would totally vote for the raiders, but then again I'm only slightly biased... :wacko:

The Pats game this week definitely is looking like the biggest trap, yet I'm having a hard time walking away from it. Does Brady's much improved second half numbers from Week 1 indicate that he's back, or did Buffalo's D just wear down? Also, how much can we read into the Jets' Week 1 dismantling of the Texans? I'm also curious to see if the Patriots will be able to stop the versatile running attack of Jones and Washington. This one is a head scratcher...

Here's an early look at the lines this week, I'll edit and update them Thursday or Friday.

Week 2 Lines:

Raiders +3 @ Chiefs 39

Texans +6.5 @ Titans 40.5

Patriots -3.5 @ Jets 46

Bengals +9 @ Packers 42

Vikings -10 @ Lions 46.5

Saints +1 @ Eagles 47

Panthers +6 @ Falcons 43

Rams +9.5 @ Redskins 37

Cardinals +3 @ Jaguars 42.5

Seahawks +1.5 @ 49ers 39.5

Bucs +4.5 @ Bills 42

Browns +3 @ Broncos 37.5

Ravens +3 @ Chargers 40.5

Steelers -3 @ Bears 38

Giants +3 @ Cowboys 43.5

Colts -3 @ Dolphins 42

Good luck this week everyone!

were are you getting your lines ? I have Saints favored not the Eagle ??

I like Rams/Skins under. Both offenses looked inept last week, and both are saying publicly they want to emphasize the run and get their RB on track.

ETA I got it at 39

Edited by STL Fan