[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MFL waiver wire question

blips

I have a question on how a waiver wire request works with MyFantasyLeague.com

MFL States:

Answer: Waiver Requests will always award each franchise one player per round and no franchise will receive a second player until all franchises that have requested players receive their first. For owners to enter their Waiver Requests they will go to the For Owners > Waivers during the waiver request period defined in their league calendar. The requests will then need to be entered on a round per round basis. To add a player choose a player from the drop down box, then highlight a corresponding player from your current roster. Once both are selected click the “Add to List>”. You may then add additional adds/drop requests as needed and use the “Move Up/Down” buttons to prioritize your round. Be sure to save each round after completion. Once your round one picks are saved you may repeat the process for each additional round. Note that the system will award the first available player for each round so it may be necessary to enter several players in each round to ensure a player. Example: You need a New QB and a RB for this round of waivers, and you have a specific QB and RB that you wish to drop in exchange for a new player. You will enter the waivers as follows to help ensure you to receive each of these players

Round............ADD...........DROP

1.....................QB A ..........QB Z

1.....................QB B ..........QB Z

1.....................QB C..........QB Z

2.....................RB X ..........RB A

2.....................RB Y..........RB A

2.....................RB Z..........RB A

Read in English these requests mean:

In Round 1 you will Request QB A, if not A then QB B, and if not B then QB C and for whichever QB you pick up you wish to drop QB Z

In Round 2 you are requesting RB X first, if not X then RB Y, if not Y then RB Z and for whichever RB you pick up you wish to drop RB A.

Since requests only allow one player per round you will pick up 1 QB and 1 RB. Note that if you are later in the Waiver Wire Order it may be necessary to enter more players in each round to ensure that you receive a player that you wish. In this event you can use the “Add Players from Previous Rounds” to copy over your players to multiple rounds.

My question is if I set up 3 QB in round 1 and 3 RB's in round two as stated above. What happens in round one when my turn comes up and all the QB's are taken before me. WIll it automatically default to round 2 pick in round 1 or will it skip my round 1 pick and in round 2 pick my RB?

Edited by blips

Waiver Requests will always award each franchise one player per round and no franchise will receive a second player until all franchises that have requested players receive their first

I believe this to mean exactly what you are thinking. If all your round 1 requests get taken, your round 2 moves up and becomes your round 1 request. :wacko:

If all three QB's are taken before your turn in the waivers priority, you would not receive any player in round 1. In other words, in this scenario, you would want to list more than three QB's if you felt that all three could go ahead of you, OR list the three RB's after the three QB's and pick up a lesser QB in round 2. You want to list enough players in each round that ensures that you get SOMETHING, otherwise you will just be skipped for that round. This is why MFL has the "Add all players from previous round" option... this is nice if you are submitting a long list of players in multiple rounds. You can spend the time to submit the list in round one, then click a button to duplicate it in round 2, 3, 4, etc. with a DIFFERENT dropped player in each of those rounds, tweaking the list if need be for each round.

So you're saying my interpretation is wrong? :wacko:

I really don't know the correct answer. All my leagues are blind bidding. I am curious to the correct answer to this one...

I'm fairly certain my answer is correct... I've been burned before by not putting enough players in round 1, and losing out until the following round.

So you're saying my interpretation is wrong? :wacko:

I really don't know the correct answer. All my leagues are blind bidding. I am curious to the correct answer to this one...

Confirmed that your interpretation is incorrect.

Only players listed in the waiver request for round one will be awarded in round one. If all players in your round one waiver list are taken, you get no one, even if you have players in a round 2 waiver list, etc.

What gopher has stated is good advice, except that the copy all previous rounds will copy all of the requests, including the player to be dropped.

Two easy fixes are, if you want certain positions, include all of the players you want considered in a single list, with the same dropped player by position. Say all QBs with a TE to drop and all RBs with an RB to drop. This way, you can prioritize them all in a single round so that you get your most desired player across all positions in round one, and then, get your most desired of the other position in round two using the copy all from previous round function, provided there are players in your list still available. The reason this works is because MFL automatically ignores invalid requests, so, any of the requests with the player dropped in round one are ignored in subsequent rounds, thus making sure you get one of your desired players (provided your list of requested players is long enough) at each position but allowing you to rank them between each position.

Edited by Big Country

Confirmed that your interpretation is incorrect.

Only players listed in the waiver request for round one will be awarded in round one. If all players in your round one waiver list are taken, you get no one, even if you have players in a round 2 waiver list, etc.

What gopher has stated is good advice, except that the copy all previous rounds will copy all of the requests, including the player to be dropped.

Two easy fixes are, if you want certain positions, include all of the players you want considered in a single list, with the same dropped player by position. Say all QBs with a TE to drop and all RBs with an RB to drop. This way, you can prioritize them all in a single round so that you get your most desired player across all positions in round one, and then, get your most desired of the other position in round two using the copy all from previous round function, provided there are players in your list still available. The reason this works is because MFL automatically ignores invalid requests, so, any of the requests with the player dropped in round one are ignored in subsequent rounds, thus making sure you get one of your desired players (provided your list of requested players is long enough) at each position but allowing you to rank them between each position.

:D Actually, I use this all the time... If you highlight a different player in round 2 than you dropped in round 1, and then click the "Add all..." button, it will essentially create the same list you had in round 1, EXCEPT your player to be dropped will be the player you highlighted for round 2. Saves a lot of time if you want to pick up multiple players, and know exactly who you want to drop, and in what order.

Trust me... I know what I'm talking about when it comes to having to pick up several players in one week. I do it all the time... must be a sign of bad drafting. :D

:wacko:

:wacko: Actually, I use this all the time... If you highlight a different player in round 2 than you dropped in round 1, and then click the "Add all..." button, it will essentially create the same list you had in round 1, EXCEPT your player to be dropped will be the player you highlighted for round 2. Saves a lot of time if you want to pick up multiple players, and know exactly who you want to drop, and in what order.

Good to know. I had not done that, had always just clicked the button, not selected a different drop player than clicked the button

BillyBalata would be correct for blind bidding since there aren't any "rounds" in that.

Gopher is correct in other waivers. If you requested 3 QBs in round one and they are all taken before your turn, you get nothing in that round.

You could request those three QBs PLUS your RBs in round one and still request those same RBs in round two. If you are requesting to drop the same player in round two as in round one, you won't get two RBs. You can only drop a player once so you have control over what happens that way.