[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone else benching Forte this weekend?

MTSuper7

I know our "stud" RBs are supposed to play no matter the opponent, but I am playing Leon Washington over Forte this weekend. This is in part a reaction to what I saw in week one from both players / teams. Pittsburgh's is probably the only defense that makes me do this. Anyone else have Forte riding pine on Sunday? If so, who ya got instead?

I benched him last week for Benson, and will probably be doing it again this week. I'm not too worried though. I think the CHI offense is going to come around eventually. Orton to Cutler is a big change and it stands to reason that the offense is going to need some time to adjust.

I know our "stud" RBs are supposed to play no matter the opponent, but I am playing Leon Washington over Forte this weekend. This is in part a reaction to what I saw in week one from both players / teams. Pittsburgh's is probably the only defense that makes me do this. Anyone else have Forte riding pine on Sunday? If so, who ya got instead?

I almost did this some years back. Eddie George vs Pittsburgh. Eddie George did not have a good yardage game, but 3 1 yard TD runs sure looked nice. Always start the studs, you never know.

Cutler has never checked down to RB's, why do people suddenly think he's going to start doing it now? I had Forte last year in a PPR keeper league and won the championship but jumped at the chance this year to trade him for a whole slew of players because someone in our league had a man crush with last years stats. That is not going to repeat, and what made him a stud last year in our league was the receptions which are going to be cut in half I'd say.

Is he going to be a servicable starting RB, sure! Is he going to be top 3 in a PPR like last year, highly doubtful.

I benched him last week for Benson, and will probably be doing it again this week. I'm not too worried though. I think the CHI offense is going to come around eventually. Orton to Cutler is a big change and it stands to reason that the offense is going to need some time to adjust.

I'll be honest: I had a VERY difficult time processing that game. It was like nothing I had ever seen before...

You can't base Forte's projections on 1 game. Forte is a stud, you must start him.

This post below sums it up pretty well...

Cutler has never checked down to RB's, why do people suddenly think he's going to start doing it now? I had Forte last year in a PPR keeper league and won the championship but jumped at the chance this year to trade him for a whole slew of players because someone in our league had a man crush with last years stats. That is not going to repeat, and what made him a stud last year in our league was the receptions which are going to be cut in half I'd say.

Is he going to be a servicable starting RB, sure! Is he going to be top 3 in a PPR like last year, highly doubtful.

You know who Matt Forte without receptions is? Ryan Grant.

Nothing special. Not saying Cutler can't figure out the checkdown, but until he does, Forte isn't a FF stud. And against Pittsburgh... Yuck.

and since Forte's the only RB versus the baseball team at RB he had last year, that does bode well-enough for Forte. I don't think he'll get 60, but 35 catches is reasonable.

Exactly, and based on how the first game went I could only expect more checkdowns from Cutler the rest of the season.